SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:23 PM
Joined Jul 2009
303 Posts
Discussion
Venture 60 Is Coming Back!

I just got a notice from Bruce Tharpe that he is in the process of finishing a batch of about 100 kits for his Venture 60 & that they should be available shortly after the New Year. For those interested in more info about the V60, go onto his website at www.bteengineering.com. Here is a copy of what he sent out:

"Hello Venture 60 Enthusiast,

First of all, this is not all bad news. In fact, many of you already know that a new batch of Venture 60 kits are in the works right now and they will be ready soon. Ideally, I was hoping they would be ready in time to ship for Christmas. That seemed like a make-able goal a few weeks ago, but for a variety of reasons it is taking longer that anticipated. Right now it is looking like kits will be ready to ship a couple of weeks after Christmas.

Many of you have been on my notification list for a very long time and this announcement probably doesn't affect you too much. But for the handful of people who have been in touch more recently, and to those I have been telling "no problem" by Christmas, I sincerely apologize. I hate to disappoint anybody so it just seemed fair to give you some advanced warning on the situation.

So you know, I won't take orders until the kits are ready to ship, that's just how it's done at BTE. This is a big batch of kits and there should be plenty for everybody when the time comes. In the meantime, keep the faith, have a Merry Christmas, enjoy the holidays, and you will be hearing from me again very soon with the "good" announcement,

Thank you all for your extreme patience,

Bruce Tharpe
www.btemodels.com"

I'm really looking forward to getting one of these kits based on everything I have read or heard about them. I was thinking of electrocuting a Sig 4 Star until I discovered the V60, & glad I waited.

Jed
jedorme is offline Find More Posts by jedorme
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:39 PM
Commerce Township, MI
Joined Aug 2001
4,502 Posts
Here's a link to the active site, I think the other one may be coming.

http://www.btemodels.com/venture.html

Not familiar with this great sport plane, here is a review.

http://www.rcmplans.com/issues/reque...031998-1-1.pdf
Ken Myers is offline Find More Posts by Ken Myers
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:43 PM
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Though I've never flown one, I had a small part in the electrocution of this design. Let's say that while I've long been a supporter of electrified Sig kits, Bruce's V60E has the 4*60 beat hands down according to folk who've been there and done that.

If there was a V40 - and I got close to a V4S, but it would have been a one-off - I'd be having one, but the 60 is too large for my choice in motor and battery pack sizes, save you wondering.

I do recall that so many folk did clipwing V60s that Bruce had a page of clipwing photos on his website and gave the modification his 'blessing'.

Good to hear Bruce is still rolling out the kits, he's a great guy.

Regards
Dereck
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck
Old Dec 11, 2012, 08:53 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!
USA, NC, Clayton
Joined Feb 2001
5,864 Posts
I've got one FS, in case someone is interested:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1785223
David Hogue is offline Find More Posts by David Hogue
RCG Plus Member