SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:28 AM
Joined Sep 2006
88 Posts
Help!
Lil BIrd

Hi all

Built this kit for competition use and now found that Skybench does not do the ribs on their own so I cant build a spare wing.

I dont usually trace around ribs before building (more fool me) and the plan does not have the individual ribs drawn.

Anyone in a position to supply a rib set for this design?

be lucky
Motobiman is offline Find More Posts by Motobiman
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:23 AM
Reduce the drama...
USA, OR, Damascus
Joined Apr 2004
4,044 Posts
I don't have the rib set, but with the S3014 airfoil, you could make your own.
rick.benjamin is offline Find More Posts by rick.benjamin
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:43 AM
Joined Sep 2006
88 Posts
Hiya

Yep - I printed them up using Profile and each rib chord but I am allergic to balsa dust so can only do so much with the raw material and its especially difficult sanding things like ribs to shape with a mask on, that's why I use lasercut kits and short kits.

I should have asked before shelling out for the kit but not sure why its so difficult for a supplier to sell rib sets when they have to be cut anyway.

Guess I will have to bite the bullet ............
Motobiman is offline Find More Posts by Motobiman