HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:20 AM
United States, OH, Conneaut
Joined Dec 2012
115 Posts
I do it!

Well sir ... I just ordered the S33 and the S33 PCB for $20 to the door. Looking forward to having another big heli, one that will have no signal lost!
Spirittoo is offline Find More Posts by Spirittoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:49 PM
United States, OH, Conneaut
Joined Dec 2012
115 Posts
Hilly Ho! Well sir ... I took the S033G out since the temp is up to over 50 degrees ... the wind held her back at times, but no signal lost with the modified transmitter.
Spirittoo is offline Find More Posts by Spirittoo
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:30 PM
scratch-built
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
I do it!

Spirittoo,

Glad to hear that you pulled the trigger on a s33 and a replacement s33 pcb.

J
Jim Lee is offline Find More Posts by Jim Lee
Old Jan 29, 2013, 02:49 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
I do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirittoo View Post
Hilly Ho! Well sir ... I took the S033G out since the temp is up to over 50 degrees ... the wind held her back at times, but no signal lost with the modified transmitter.
Spirittoo,

Good for you, on not having any signal loss with the s033G.

Well, Gee Whiz, Now you can cancel your order for the s33. No more signal loss with the s033G. Well, On second thought, Don't cancel your order for the s33, because, then you'll have two good flying Heli's.

No flying outdoors for me at the present time, as it's raining, Maybe, later this week if the weather forecast is right.

Edit. It cleared off this afternoon so I was able to get in some outdoor flying with the s33's. (BIG SMILE)

J
Last edited by Jim Lee; Jan 29, 2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Added text
Old Feb 02, 2013, 05:32 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
so33g

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
Oregoncoast here, Waiting for the pcb and Tx from the S033 to get here to do the switch...Jim
Oregoncoast,

What's the latest on the s33, pcb? I still haven't heard anything about mine.

J
Old Feb 02, 2013, 07:14 PM
oregoncoast
United States, OR, Rockaway Beach
Joined Jan 2012
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lee View Post
Oregoncoast,

Any news about your s033G conversion?

I ordered some parts for the s33 and s033G from the same outlet as you did, But I think that the parts are coming by Yak

Hope to hear how your conversion is coming along. Just as a heads up, xHeli has the s33 back in stock. I couldn't resist, so I bought another one.

J
Oregoncoast here, just got the pcb and tx in the mail today. As I am switching over. Just a few minor issues. The S33 pcb is a bit smaller. Able to mount it with just one screw, instead of two, so a little play there, probably not good the gyro. Another issue has arisen, there is the two sockets for the mpotors, and oine for the tail rotor and a couple of slots for lights, however there is no slot for the switch. any ideas???

Jim
oregoncoast is offline Find More Posts by oregoncoast
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:07 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
so33g

[QUOTE=oregoncoast= Another issue has arisen, there is the two sockets for the motors, and one for the tail rotor and a couple of slots for lights, however there is no slot for the switch. any ideas???

Jim[/QUOTE]

Jim,

Are you talking about the on/off switch? If So, It's held on with two screws, I just take the left side plate off and take the two screws out of the old switch and use them to mount the new switch on the left side plate, Then put the left side plate back on and you should be good to go.

You should have two sets of wires coming off of the pcb, One set for the battery connector and the other set for the on/off switch.

If this isn't what you are asking about, Can you post a photo of the s33 pcb, So I can see the switch you are talking about?

I looked at the pcb on my s33 and the on/off switch wires run off of the back of the pcb to the on/off switch, Which is mounted to the seft side plate.

J
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:46 PM
oregoncoast
Joined Jan 2012
122 Posts
Jim Here.....have one set of wires for the battery connection and the antenna wire. Also I might add that when I plug in the battery, I show no power or led light. Could be wrong pcb. Sending pictures of the board...I wiould respond sooner, but for some reeason I am notified when a message is poisted...Jim
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:02 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
so33g

Jim,

I just got my new s33 pcb. My pcb didn't come with the on/off switch. So I'll have to solder the old on/off switch wires to the new s33 pcb. That's not a problem, since I have to change the battery connector anyway.

The on/off switch wires go into the first (red) and second (Black) holes at the rear of the s33 pcb. (looking from the rear of the pcb.

J
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:19 PM
oregoncoast
Joined Jan 2012
122 Posts
Here are the pics of the pcb I was sent.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:34 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
so33g

Jim that's the same numbers that are on my replacement s33 pcb and also on the original s33 pcb. My s33 pcb matches your's exactly.

It looks to me like the only thing I'll have to do is solder the old switch wires into the new s33 pcb and change the battery connector to a EC-3 connector, Which is what I use on all of my replacement batteries for the s33, s033G and the DH9118 heli's.

J
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:37 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
so33g

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast View Post
Jim Here...Sending pictures of the board...I wiould respond sooner, but for some reeason I am notified when a message is poisted...Jim
Are you subscribed to the thread?

J
Old Feb 03, 2013, 10:41 AM
oregoncoast
Joined Jan 2012
122 Posts
So Jim, when soldering those two teensy weensy wires to the board, do you loop the wire through the holes, then solder, or do you solder the wire right to the hole??

In the "Thread Tools" section it asked if I want to "unsubscribe" so I am assuming I am subsribed.
Jim
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:52 PM
scratch-built
Joined Apr 2007
1,008 Posts
so33g

Jim,

First I pre-tin the wires I'm going to solder, Then I stick them in from the top and then app;y heat to the wire from the bottom of the pcb and then run a wee bit of solder on the wire. It doesn't take much. Then I take a pair of side cutters and trim the excess wire as flush to the solder joint as I can get it.

J
Old Feb 03, 2013, 11:45 PM
oregoncoast
Joined Jan 2012
122 Posts
Jim... that makes a lot of sense to me.....I can solder wires together, but have never worked on a pcb, This should be interesting. I do appreciate the help...if you get a chance there are a few of us on the Facebook Page "Big Lama". Tony " Firedude52 started it. He has alot or useful info. join us if you like....

Jim