HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 03, 2014, 08:16 PM
United States, IA, Cedar Rapids
Joined Jun 2012
76 Posts
Discussion
Where to get Linear Actuators, Ballscrews, Lead Screws.

After getting my project together I find that the force needed to lift and lower the arm is 15# to 20#. So my plan of using a heavy duty servo won't work. I've started to look in to linear actuators, ball screws or lead screws but can't find any that will work. Besides the heavy lifting capacity I'm looking for 6 volt DC operating with a throw around 1-3/4 inches. The 6VDC is what the radio BEC provides.
notime_3001 is offline Find More Posts by notime_3001
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 06, 2014, 05:11 PM
United States, KS, Winfield
Joined Jun 2011
381 Posts
Have you checked out our selection of linear actuators? http://www.servocity.com/html/12v_linear_actuators.html
You might check out our Servo Power Gearboxes as well: http://www.servocity.com/html/robotzone_servos.html
One of our techs would be happy to discuss your project with you...you can call 620-221-0123 or e-mail tech@servocity.com.
Best of luck!
ServoCity
ServoCity is offline Find More Posts by ServoCity
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 06, 2014, 05:56 PM
Joined Jun 2012
76 Posts
Yeah, I've checked Servo City. Nothing there would fit my application.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 11:21 PM
Joined Mar 2014
1 Posts
Linear Actuators we use are by Firgelli Auto (www.Firgelliauto.com)

We have used many linear actuators before and we found that Firgelli automations Inc has the best quality, best pricing and larges online range of all. They even ship out next day. They claim to have 100,000 actuators in stock at any time. WE also purchased their TV lifts which work very well too. Link also below

www.Firgelliauto.com
www.TVliftkit.com
Linear Actuators is offline Find More Posts by Linear Actuators
Old Apr 03, 2014, 04:44 PM
Canada, BC, Victoria
Joined Oct 2011
21 Posts
Hi Guys,
Please be aware Firgelli Technologies and Firgelli Automations are NOT the same company.
Firgelli Technologies (where I work) makes the receiver ready micro linear servos with strokes of less than 5.5 inches and forces to 40 lbs.
Firgelli Automations makes much larger actuators for TV lifts and are owned by different people in a different city.

Ian
Firgelli Technologies
Firgelli is offline Find More Posts by Firgelli
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: L16-R all models are in!
Old Apr 30, 2014, 08:32 PM
Joined Jun 2012
76 Posts
Who sells Firgelli actuators at a discount?

I see that the Firgelli Technologies L16 option R linear actuator is for RC applications. Other than ordering directly from Firgilli at $70 each is there any place that sells them at a discount?
Old Jul 19, 2014, 08:35 PM
United States, VA, Blacksburg
Joined Aug 2010
180 Posts
It is a good practice to counterbalance arms with either weight or springs / gas shocks so the motor does not have to work very hard to hold the arm up. Doing this would allow you to use a servo again and may result in faster actuation and a lower overall cost. You could also check out the heavy duty servo kits at servocity which take a normal servo and gear it down.
jstiltner is offline Find More Posts by jstiltner
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H quad, the beater fpv
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:19 PM
nopropissafe
Carlisle, PA
Joined May 2007
33 Posts
Many electric car seats have great linear actuators built into them. I have used several with a HK brushed motor controller. I have found some at Surplus Center if you want something new, but junkyards, and Ebay will probably turn up more options than you care to sort through. Even undervolted they will provide way more torque than you would need. The hardest part is finding one with the right dimensions.
nopropissafe is offline Find More Posts by nopropissafe
Old Sep 02, 2014, 10:02 PM
Joined Jul 2014
16 Posts
I've got some linears for sale. Take a look on my website:
http://robot-one.com/for-sale.html

Bout six items down.

Would they work? You would need to add motor and control.

DOC

Have robots. Will travel.
http://www.robot-one.com
chickenLittle is offline Find More Posts by chickenLittle