New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2015, 01:01 AM
Find More Posts by vinootje
Joined Jun 2015
9 Posts
Discussion
MJX F46 or MJX F29

Hey

i am planning to buy a new helicopter. my budget is like 60 euro's in the netherlands. i saw those 2 intresting helicopters
MJX F46
or
MJX F29

i think the F46 is better but what is your opinion
vinootje is offline Find More Posts by vinootje
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2015, 06:14 AM
Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2006
13,186 Posts
I'm afraid that I dont have any first hand experience of tjhose helis, but as a general rule single rotor helis (like the F46) are more responsive and have better control authority than co-axial helis (like the F29) and also usually have higher forward speed.
The single rotors are therefore better suited to outdoor flying and generally will be a bit more exciting to fly.

The down side is that the single rotors are not quite as stable and so not as easy to fly as a co-axials.

Hopefully others may be able to comment on these specific models?
JetPlaneFlyer is online now Find More Posts by JetPlaneFlyer
Old Jun 22, 2015, 08:51 AM
Find More Posts by voipboy
Joined Apr 2015
25 Posts
F46

I got an F46 - had it for a while and played around with it no end. Easy enough to set up though takes a bit of adjustment and trimming to get it nice and stable. Parts are plentiful - I get most of mine from ALIEXPRESS as they are cheap and worth having crash kits on standby anyway. Fried a couple of servos and the engine which I upgraded to the brushless one which is about 30 bucks and well worth it! Good luck!
voipboy is offline Find More Posts by voipboy
Old Jun 22, 2015, 11:31 AM
Find More Posts by vinootje
Joined Jun 2015
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by voipboy View Post
I got an F46 - had it for a while and played around with it no end. Easy enough to set up though takes a bit of adjustment and trimming to get it nice and stable. Parts are plentiful - I get most of mine from ALIEXPRESS as they are cheap and worth having crash kits on standby anyway. Fried a couple of servos and the engine which I upgraded to the brushless one which is about 30 bucks and well worth it! Good luck!
Nice story ! i am afraid about this "Fried a couple of servos and the engine" how did u do that and will it happen fast with mine ?
vinootje is offline Find More Posts by vinootje
Old Jun 25, 2015, 05:50 AM
Find More Posts by voipboy
Joined Apr 2015
25 Posts
The servos are cheap as chips and easy to fit so always worth having a couple of spares. the motor in my opinion is a bit underpowered but works just fine. I think mine was just working too hard with the load of the trianing gear I fitted for my son that all....
voipboy is offline Find More Posts by voipboy
Old Jun 27, 2015, 04:06 PM
Find More Posts by DrSanity
Joined Jun 2015
3 Posts
I've recently bought an MJX F46, as a 1st foray into single rotor helicopter it was quite frustrating at 1st till I'd got it set up right.. Mode2 on the transmitter, tinkering with the trim to get it hovering as stable as possible etc..
But now that I have it's a great beginners heli but needs constant input from the pilot to hover steady..
Overall a really good heli
DrSanity is offline Find More Posts by DrSanity