HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2014, 07:46 PM
Poiltics is a Contact Sport
Best President of the 21st Century
Joined Nov 2007
401 Posts
Discussion
immigration: Pass a Bill Thread

How long until a bill is passed and forwarded to our President?
I will make an effort to comment on this page only each day until a bill is passed.

The President ran on changing improving our immigration system and gave congress ample opportunity to pass a bill.

The constitution gives the President broad discretion to use prosecutorial authority on who to pursue for violations, the same as District Attorneys and Attorneys' General.
FlyCush is offline Find More Posts by FlyCush
Old Nov 21, 2014, 07:59 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,585 Posts
I don not think that a bill will be past in the next 6 years. Only if house senate and Pres would be democrat, and I do not see that coming.
Pres and Senate are possible in 2016, but not house.

The next 2 years the Reps will do what ever it takes to turn the clock back, but not one milli second forward.
Schrott is offline Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Nov 21, 2014, 08:08 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
I'm guessing the republicans pass a bill by the end of March through the house and senate. Obama will veto it.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Nov 21, 2014, 08:17 PM
Multirotor geek
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Mar 2013
812 Posts
I keep hearing him say "Everybody knows it's broken", and it's a lie. He's saying what he thinks, not what's really happening. They're trying to control the narrative, get people to say it's broken when they have no idea what the laws are, and most likely the OP doesn't either.

So Flycush, tell us how the system is "broken" please.

BTW, there's two portions to the Congress, the House and Senate. How many bills have been passed to the Senate that haven't even been brought to a vote? Obama keeps talking about how bills in the Senate haven't been approved in the House, well, because that's controlled by Democrats, for the time being

Clyde
kenpoprofessor is offline Find More Posts by kenpoprofessor
Old Nov 21, 2014, 08:53 PM
Central Texas
Joined Jun 2008
4,147 Posts
The only thing that is broken is the enforcement of current laws and not securing the border. No need for a new immigration bill.
ambientech is offline Find More Posts by ambientech
Old Nov 21, 2014, 09:21 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,585 Posts
As you see the ugly and nasty have shown up, already.

Any reformation needs compassion and forgivness, very Christian traditions, the way I understand, which the Republicans have lost, they used to have it, without it, no bill will be signed by any democrat that does not include that.
We have 6 more years of a democrat as a President. So no bill the nasty and ugly can bring to the table will be signed
Old Nov 21, 2014, 09:31 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyCush View Post
How long until a bill is passed and forwarded to our President?
I will make an effort to comment on this page only each day until a bill is passed.

The President ran on changing improving our immigration system and gave congress ample opportunity to pass a bill.

The constitution gives the President broad discretion to use prosecutorial authority on who to pursue for violations, the same as District Attorneys and Attorneys' General.
Fund and place on the border, border patrol to close off any criminals crossing into the USA... what's so complicated. I'd be in favor of robotic controlled non lethal weapons.

Then deport each and every illegal picked up be the law for violating USA criminal law...

Then tax progressives for perpetuating unlawful incentives.
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2014, 09:35 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
I don not think that a bill will be past in the next 6 years. Only if house senate and Pres would be democrat, and I do not see that coming.
Pres and Senate are possible in 2016, but not house.

The next 2 years the Reps will do what ever it takes to turn the clock back, but not one milli second forward.
I remember a republican president signing a legal bill on immigration, that passed through congress. This lawless fool as president, will just mess up whatever he does. That is backwards not forwards. Leaving the illegals in an uncertain limbo.
Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Nov 21, 2014, 09:40 PM
Made in the USA
Joined May 2010
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrott View Post
As you see the ugly and nasty have shown up, already.

Any reformation needs compassion and forgivness, very Christian traditions, the way I understand, which the Republicans have lost, they used to have it, without it, no bill will be signed by any democrat that does not include that.
We have 6 more years of a democrat as a President. So no bill the nasty and ugly can bring to the table will be signed
SIX years!
BE77 Pilot is online now Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Nov 21, 2014, 09:50 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
The good news is Obama has destroyed the democrat party for the next few election cycles. If Obama doesn't sign the legislation the republicans pass then there will be a republican president in the office in 2016 so they can pass something then which restores the rule of law.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 09:51 PM
Pants Up, Don't Loot!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,769 Posts
What bill needs to be passed? Illegals are illegal by law. Deport them.
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Nov 21, 2014, 09:52 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_Flyer View Post
What bill needs to be passed? Illegals are illegal by law. Deport them.
It would be nice if our government would simply enforce the current laws.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 09:53 PM
Pants Up, Don't Loot!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
It would be nice if our government would simply enforce the current laws.
Exactly. Deport the criminals and keep them out. Very simple.
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:16 PM
Kraut
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
SIX years!
Come on, the Reps do not have the guy, that can get by the Tea Party, the 912 and the rest what they have hanging around right of those, that would be electable.

The RHINO problem.

6 years, period, maybe 10 years, even.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 11:14 PM
Poiltics is a Contact Sport
Best President of the 21st Century
Joined Nov 2007
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenpoprofessor View Post
I keep hearing him say "Everybody knows it's broken", and it's a lie. He's saying what he thinks, not what's really happening. They're trying to control the narrative, get people to say it's broken when they have no idea what the laws are, and most likely the OP doesn't either.

So Flycush, tell us how the system is "broken" please.

BTW, there's two portions to the Congress, the House and Senate. How many bills have been passed to the Senate that haven't even been brought to a vote? Obama keeps talking about how bills in the Senate haven't been approved in the House, well, because that's controlled by Democrats, for the time being

Clyde
Sheriffs Joe Arpaio and Paul Babeu have already said enough about how broken things are. Also, your finger pointing governor, IceCream elect governor have explained what is wrong with the Immigration system.
FlyCush is offline Find More Posts by FlyCush