SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 29, 2012, 03:50 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,192 Posts
Discussion
Optima 6 with Brush Type AF 211ESC, UBEC

I am finishing an old Sig 1/6 Scale Cub build and want to use the old Astro Flight geared brushed cobalt 25 , AF 211 brush type speed control ( no built-in BEC), Kool Flight UBEC, 6S Lipo motor battery, and Optima 6 lite receiver. Want receiver to be powered by the SPC port and servos powered by the UBEC. I have attached a diagram with question marks next to connectors from speed control and from UBEC. Please confirm that connectors should connect to receiver as shown or otherwise.
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:08 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Challenged View Post
I am finishing an old Sig 1/6 Scale Cub build and want to use the old Astro Flight geared brushed cobalt 25 , AF 211 brush type speed control ( no built-in BEC), Kool Flight UBEC, 6S Lipo motor battery, and Optima 6 lite receiver. Want receiver to be powered by the SPC port and servos powered by the UBEC. I have attached a diagram with question marks next to connectors from speed control and from UBEC. Please confirm that connectors should connect to receiver as shown or otherwise.
Yes, clarified on slightly amended picture as attached
SPC Lead and UBEC leads to ESC plug as per example from:
Telemetry - Battery Voltage via SPC for EP Models
{shows only the SPC lead attached but same applies for both SPC & UBEC leads}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
[Right click RCG attachments and open in new window.
Button bottom right of IE screen (or _+icons Firefox Toolbar)
enables viewing size increase upto 400% for easier reading.]
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Last edited by A.T.; Oct 30, 2012 at 06:11 PM. Reason: spellcheck
Old Oct 29, 2012, 07:34 PM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,192 Posts
Thanks AT, keep this up and I'll have to buy an A9 instead of a DX-8 and keep the old Eclipse 7 with 2.4 module as backup.

Just one more question, I have a Li-Saver that I want to use with the Astro 211 speed control which has no LVC feature. It gets power from another parallel connection to the ESC side of the motor battery connector same as SPC and UBEC power leads. The ESC output plugs into the Li-Saver and Li-Saver plugs into the receiver. Is there any reason the Li-Saver won't work properly with the rest of the items? The Li-Saver works on up to 10S lipos.
E-Challenged is online now Find More Posts by E-Challenged
Last edited by E-Challenged; Nov 05, 2012 at 11:34 AM.