SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:10 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Weekend special sale on banggood. v939 RTF sold at 37.99 USD!!
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:13 AM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Sorry, but nothing special as I bought it for the same price several days ago.
It's the regular price
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Aug 26, 2012, 06:45 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Well then it might be a marketing trick from the staff at BG that does the mailings...

Anyway a good price.
Here is the UDI at 36.95USD as well. The same?

No matter, I prefer the v939 because of the compatibility with Turnigy / FlySky 9x radio
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:50 AM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
intercompatibilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitchen8 View Post

A DSM compatible is as far as I know the Blade MQX is your only option, but is the size of the v929 and bigger than things such as the ladybird.
A possible indicator for compatibility with other radios could be the existence of BNF offers for a certain model.

At least this is true for v929 / v939 / v911 (9x radio) and mQX (DSM radio)

Could be there are other quads that can be flown with a Devo radio. I heard rumors that this could be true for the UDI micros and nanos. Proof?
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:16 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
The easy way I went, was buying the mQX FC along with the centerplate plus 4 Ladybird motors with props. They come premounted on the rods. mQX-Motor Connector (4pcs) and we are set.

The only job that needs to be done on this is to push in the rods to the centerplate, stick the props on, screw the 4in1 FC on to the centerplate and connect the motors to the flightcontrol. I'd say it'll take 5mins and is such a piece of cake.
I find this very interesting.
Parts links and an assembly video would be amazing to build a DSM2 compatable flier.
I've never flown or even seen a quad yet so that is the reason for what appears to be basic info.
If the Tx is the weakest link in most of these units, being able to fly with my normal Spektrum Tx would be awesome.
IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:22 AM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,673 Posts
The MJX X100 - first impressions (sorry - PRE - flight ...)

just as a little FYI for anyone who might be interested ... I just got my MJX X100 in and wrote a word or two ... on my blog, posts# 96 and #97 (for now - the INDOOR flight report will (hopefully) follow later this afternoon ... )

erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Tools, Tools, Tools ...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:59 AM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erdnuckel2 View Post
just as a little FYI for anyone who might be interested ... I just got my MJX X100 in and wrote a word or two ... on my blog, posts# 96 and #97 (for now - the INDOOR flight report will (hopefully) follow later this afternoon ... )

Love you, now i shall enjoy your blog.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:34 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,673 Posts
The MJX X100 - first impressions (technically maiden flight)

Ok, so I went through one battery now and tried to get used to this thing ... doenst work that well yet though.
Lots of hard landings/crashing and the flips are still too much for me as a relative quad noob ... (even with years of coax)

What I can say though is, that it flips (IMHO) better than my UDI (seems to even do multiple flips without gap ...) and for a single flip it would probably need only about 2or 3 foot high (as opposed to the 7 ft the UDI needs)
Of course, the fact that I cannot read a manual and have to figure all these buttons and knobs out by trial and error, does not really help the cause either.

But as far as the quads that I tried up to now are concerned, for me it is the best of all the micros I tried! (even the ladybird V2 I would rate below this one)

Hopefully someone else who can read chinese and also has more experience in flying quads will soon be able to chime in and also help me to figure the little tricks of this TX out ...

RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:40 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyRCs View Post
I find this very interesting.
Parts links and an assembly video would be amazing to build a DSM2 compatable flier.

If the Tx is the weakest link in most of these units, being able to fly with my normal Spektrum Tx would be awesome.
Oh Boy! You are killing me

Well, here you go:
For the ladybird part
2 booms clockwise
2 booms counterclockwise
3 Sets of 4 Main blades
For the Tx
Centerplate
AS3x 4in1 Flightcontrol

That's it
Old Aug 26, 2012, 12:58 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
Quote:
Ok, so I went through one battery now and tried to get used to this thing ... doenst work that well yet though.
Lots of hard landings/crashing and the flips are still too much for me as a relative quad noob ... (even with years of coax)

What I can say though is, that it flips (IMHO) better than my UDI (seems to even do multiple flips without gap ...) and for a single flip it would probably need only about 2or 3 foot high (as opposed to the 7 ft the UDI needs)
Of course, the fact that I cannot read a manual and have to figure all these buttons and knobs out by trial and error, does not really help the cause either.

But as far as the quads that I tried up to now are concerned, for me it is the best of all the micros I tried! (even the ladybird V2 I would rate below this one)

Hopefully someone else who can read chinese and also has more experience in flying quads will soon be able to chime in and also help me to figure the little tricks of this TX out ...

Thanks for the detailed hardware review on your blog!

In my opinion it could be the king of micro size quads concerning hardware.

Then i read yor statement "the best of all the micros I tried!", make me glad, i don't want a lemon.

Mine should arrive any day now (from Banggood), but the waiting is hard.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:08 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Can't find the relevant blog entries.

Could link to it?

Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:38 PM
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Aug 2012
129 Posts
The Syma X1 is very tempting. It looks like the v929, and it doesn't auto flip. $45 and free shipping
http://www.symatoystore.com/Syma-Qua...ro-quad-copter

The only thing I don't like is the Battery. Looking at the pictures of how you charge it I think the low voltage cutt off is in the end of the battery. That would make it difficult to use other batteries.

I also can't find a good review on this thing either. I may just pull the trigger on one and see how it goes.
livinlife is offline Find More Posts by livinlife
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Mar 2009
9,673 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
Can't find the relevant blog entries.

Could link to it?

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1680272&page=7 und dann nach unten scrollen bis post#96
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:03 PM
USA, So.Cal.
Joined Jan 2009
406 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinlife View Post
The only thing I don't like is the Battery. Looking at the pictures of how you charge it I think the low voltage cutt off is in the end of the battery. That would make it difficult to use other batteries.
Also, I've been told that the battery is hardwired to the board, so it's not easily replaced.
MikeSRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeSRC
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:06 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1680272&page=7 und dann nach unten scrollen bis post#96
You could check here for a translated version of the manual http://www.mjxtoys.com/Support.asp

Thanks for pointing me straight to the blog entries
here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=96
and here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=97

I wonder how your MJX adventure will turn out