HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2010, 04:03 PM
Joined Jan 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100 View Post
In other news, has everyone seen the 4F200's 4-bladed, fixed pitch, 'little' cousin, the 4F180:
http://www.walkera.com/en1/particular.jsp?pn=4F180 ? I think I'm past it now, but it looks kinda cool.

Rafa
Something's wrong in the pics... I can't figure out how the blue anti-rotation system work

EDIT: nvm, just realized it's a FP
Teckos is offline Find More Posts by Teckos
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2010, 04:37 PM
UK, Leeds.
Joined Mar 2009
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post
I just put a 2702V in my 4F200. In my initial testing it is rock solid. It is night and day compared to the 2612V. I am impressed. No regrets here.
Yep, I've got this in the post as well. I'm going to try it on my 4F200 to sort the tail wag. Depending on performance I'm either getting another 2702V or a Beast X to go in my Blade 400-this needs servos upgrading to digital, so I'm waiting on initial reports that the Walkera ones are quite good. Who knows maybe they have gone all out this time and made a stunning heli.

Ps 55% is very low for gain you should try moving the ball in on the servo arm, this should allow you to increase the gain value, aim for around 75 if poss. Much below 65% could mean you loose the tail unexpectedly.

Could you just clarify that you have full servo revers with this Rx thanks.
Andy.
rew-7 is online now Find More Posts by rew-7
Last edited by rew-7; Dec 15, 2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 05:22 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rew-7 View Post
Yep, I've got this in the post as well. I'm going to try it on my 4F200 to sort the tail wag. Depending on performance I'm either getting another 2702V or a Beast X to go in my Blade 400-this needs servos upgrading to digital, so I'm waiting on initial reports that the Walkera ones are quite good. Who knows maybe they have gone all out this time and made a stunning heli.

Ps 55% is very low for gain you should try moving the ball in on the servo arm, this should allow you to increase the gain value, aim for around 75 if poss. Much below 65% could mean you loose the tail unexpectedly.

Andy.
Yes very good point on the tail gyro gain. I noticed it is right above the min sensitivity. I was thinking about making that adjustmant to the mechanical ratio to get it away from the min threshhold.

On the rudder there is a servo direction reverse as well as a gyro reverse.
ri0grand is offline Find More Posts by ri0grand
Old Dec 15, 2010, 05:46 PM
UK, Leeds.
Joined Mar 2009
398 Posts
Nice.
Thanks.

I can't wait to try this for myself-going 3S as well so this should be a really nice heli.
rew-7 is online now Find More Posts by rew-7
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:37 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I wanted to mention something else about these blades. I ordered 6 sets, and 5 of them were 'A' blades, and one were 'B' blades. The blades looked the same, as far as I could tell, but the 'A' blades weighed a bit less that the 'B' blades, like 0.8 grams less. Other than the A/B thing, the blades balanced out very well.

I guess I'm suggesting that one specify that these blades will be for a 3 bladed heli, and that it's important to have all A or all B blades.

Rafa

ps Way to liven up the thread, ri0grand!
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Dec 15, 2010, 08:49 PM
USA, IL, Elgin
Joined Jan 2006
666 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I wanted to mention something else about these blades. I ordered 6 sets, and 5 of them were 'A' blades, and one were 'B' blades. The blades looked the same, as far as I could tell, but the 'A' blades weighed a bit less that the 'B' blades, like 0.8 grams less. Other than the A/B thing, the blades balanced out very well.

I guess I'm suggesting that one specify that these blades will be for a 3 bladed heli, and that it's important to have all A or all B blades.

Rafa

Crap I ordered 4 sets a few days ago. Maybe we can swap A's for B's lol
stretch1100 is offline Find More Posts by stretch1100
Old Dec 15, 2010, 09:00 PM
Live to learn. . .
Austin, TX
Joined Dec 2009
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch1100 View Post
Crap I ordered 4 sets a few days ago. Maybe we can swap A's for B's lol
I just emailed the seller before I posted this. I'll let you know what he says. A trade might not be a bad idea!

Rafa
Rafa's CB100 is offline Find More Posts by Rafa's CB100
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:20 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Hi Guys,

Rafa

I ordered 3 pairs of sets too. Out of the 12 blades I was able to make 2 sets. Out of my 12 blade they seemed to fall into 3 weight groups. I was able to make 3 balanced sets. I haven't tried them out yet though.

On the subject of balancing I found that taking the time to balance the blades on the heli really helps. The 2612V performs much better when everything is as smooth as possible. Also making sure the tail pitch slide movers as freely as possible helps minimize the tail wag.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:30 PM
"you'll play to live "
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Sep 2009
1,713 Posts
Hey Rafa, don't worry too much for blades, have you try to use stock carbon blades with "yellow Esc's"? incredible speed and stability.Lift off is so smooth ...sweet.
AC
Alwayscrash is offline Find More Posts by Alwayscrash
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:43 PM
Joined Sep 2010
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0grand View Post
The 2702V differs from the 2612 in several ways.

The the 2612V does the CCPM mixing in the reciever which is why the swash settigng is for single servo in the TX. With 2702V, the TX is set to 120 degree 3 servo. I think this is the way most CCPM setups are. The CCPM mixing is done in the TX. Swash Mix on the TX is used to adjust the ele/ail/pit travels. The rudder set up function is pretty cool and makes setting up the rudder travel and neutral easier.

The 2702V is designed for a CCPM 120 degree swash with the elevator servo at the back of the swash This causes the elevator function to be reversed for the 4F200 where the elevator servo is at the front of the swash. By reversing the elevator servo and switching the aileron (ail/pit) servo positions, the elevator function can be reversed to work with the 4F200 swash. However this causes the pitch function to be reversed also. I reversed the pitch curves to reverse the pitch function. There may be another way but that is what I did. Since the CCPM mixing is done in the TX, servo reversing on the TX changes the individual servo direction not CCPM function (i.e. pitch).

The 2702V only works with digital servos. I use Futaba 3154s for cyclic, and Ino-Labs HG-D201HB AL for the tail.

The 2702V is larger than the 2612V and the servos plug in on the end. When mounted on the 4F200 receiver tray, it overhangs the tail servo but there is plenty of area for the adhesive servo/gyro tape to securely hold it down. If you look at pictures of the V450 you will see the RX hangs of the back of the tray as well. I used some clear silicone stuff I picked up at the LHS. I used a few layers to make sure it cleared the top of the tail servo.

The 2702V needs more set up than the 2612V as you already know. The RX learns the TX travel/end points in the setup process. It isn't complicated if you know how to do it. I don't think you would ever figure it out without the instructions though.

The tail hold is very solid. I could get the 2612V pretty steady if everything was balanced perfectly, but wind gusts would make it wag some. The 2612V would also wag on a full + pitch punch out. The 2702V is very solid on a full + pitch punch out.

The tail Gyro is very quick. I have the tail gyro sensitivity set an 55% on the TX. The cyclic stabilization is noticibly better also. I left the 2702V sensitivity settings all at 50% and with 40% differential on ail/ele, and 35% on rudder things are really smooth and stable.

My guess is the 2702V may really work pretty well in a T-Rex 250 or 450 as claimed. I am tempted to get a T-Rex 450 Sport, buy a FBL head and use the 2702V.

I am using the 2801 Pro v2.3
In the ''swashmix'' you have to put negative value to inverse the pitch function.
martin_ is offline Find More Posts by martin_
Old Dec 15, 2010, 10:45 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin_ View Post
In the ''swashmix'' you have to put negative value to inverse the pitch function.
Cool. That is simpler than putting in all the curves. I figured there was probably another way. Thanks Martin!
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:04 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
With the 2702V the trims hold their true position after the TX and RX are turned off. With the 2612V,when there is anything other than neutral trim when binding the servo would center in the opposite direction than the trim value. if the trim amounts are minor it may not be very noticeable. But with large amounts of trim it was a problem. If you notice that your servos aren't centered after binding this may be what is causing it. The only way to prevent was to bind with neutral trim, and then retrim. My V120D0 does the same thing.
Old Dec 15, 2010, 11:15 PM
Addicted Again
Wylie TX
Joined May 2009
371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rew-7 View Post

Andy.
I moved the ball in on the servo arm in to give the servo more swing. I was able to get the gain up to 68% before it shakes. I am running it at 66% just slightly below when the shake starts. The min gyro sensitivity seems to be 51% This gives me 15% above that which should be safer. I could move the ball in one more hole but the push rod angle isn't optimal any more.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:59 AM
Suspended Account
china
Joined Jul 2010
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-a-kite View Post
Just a heads up: Rc711 have the 4F200 currently listed with the 2801 TX for US$359.90.

Terence at ChineseJade should have them very soon as well. Also looks like he'll have the bind'n'fly version too.

For those of us here in Aus, it may be a better option...

*Just transplanting an unwelcomed post that I unwittingly posted in a vendor's thread. I hope I have not made that same mistake again...
The orginal transmitter comes with 4F200 is the wk-2801pro, all the functions could be used.

Also, I got another place, which sells this heli at $335 and had all the spare parts for the helicopter.

http://www.hobby-wing.com/walkera-4f...with-2801.html
hw-nancy is offline Find More Posts by hw-nancy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 16, 2010, 01:00 AM View Post
hw-nancy
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.