HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 05, 2014, 06:14 AM
Joined Jan 2014
32 Posts
Discussion
Naza V2 quad won't come up level anymore

The title pretty much says it. This quad worked fine before and all of a sudden, things changed. Normally, I only need to use my throttle only, and bring it to just above 50 percent. Now, it wants to flip over or dive into the ground as it takes off.

I need lots of stick input on AIL and ELE to get it up into the air, then sticks to center again. What's changed? I changed nothing.

All looks good on Naza Assistant (all sticks in the green). Props are spinning in the right direction and no trims or sub-trims on. All All calibrations were done too.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what might be wrong?

See video below:

Naza V2 not coming up level (4 min 23 sec)
davbry is offline Find More Posts by davbry
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 05, 2014, 06:24 AM
United States, SC, Moncks Corner
Joined Dec 2013
93 Posts
Have you done an IMU calibration lately?
Railrode1 is offline Find More Posts by Railrode1
Old Aug 05, 2014, 06:33 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,640 Posts
Once in the air the LED is flashing single GREEN meaning in GPS mode with sticks centered BUT on the ground flashing double yellow means in ATTITUDE mode and sticks NOT centered which is normal since Throttle stick would be in low position.

Just looks like a setting not right somewhere you might be over looking. Plus it doesn't look like the Naza Auto Take Off is active ??????
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Last edited by freechip; Aug 05, 2014 at 06:41 AM.
Old Aug 05, 2014, 06:45 AM
Norway, Vestfold, Larvik
Joined May 2012
111 Posts
cg is right.. front heavy?
GTI20 is online now Find More Posts by GTI20
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 05, 2014, 07:45 AM
Joined Jan 2014
32 Posts
Railrode, yesI did both basic and advanced calibration (extra effort to make sure it was perfectly level at the time).

GT120, CG is pretty good. Battery on rear is 4500mah 4S so it's a good counter weight for the BG at the front.

Freechip, there's an 'auto take-off enable' on Naza Assistant? Can you please tell me where? I've not noticed that before or may have overlooked that. All other settings looked good on NA but if there is that setting, that could be my problem. Although, I don't now how that could have become 'unchecked' as when the problem first occured, it was not hooked up to NA to accidently make that change so not sure why that would have happened. Where on NA do I find that?

Thanks guys for any help.
davbry is offline Find More Posts by davbry
Last edited by davbry; Aug 05, 2014 at 07:52 AM.