SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 05, 2013, 10:39 AM
United States, CA, Baldwin Park
Joined Dec 2011
24 Posts
Video
New 50-60cc Slick540 First Look Video!

Join Pete for a first look at the new Aerobeez Slick540!

Aerobeez Slick540 50-60cc ARF New Design! First Look! (20 min 14 sec)
Aerobeez is offline Find More Posts by Aerobeez
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2013, 06:45 PM
Joined Dec 2011
24 Posts
Aerobeez 87" Slick 540 Maiden

We finally got the first one assembled and put it through maiden flight. All I could say is that we couldn't be happier with this new slick. From the build the the overall quality to the flying it's a smooth process.

This Slick has lots of quick build feature to make assembling time a lot easier and get you in the air in a lot less time. What I mean is that this Slick as the aileron and elevator pre-glued in the factory. And if you are like me who take our time to make sure all the control surfaces are done correctly, you know that usually we spend whole first day of building pretty much on gluing the hinges and holding them to make sure they are in place properly. Not anymore now that every piece is pre-glued and checked at the factory that takes a lot out of the equation.

Another thing is that the fuel tank is pre-plumbed and installed into the fuse already. So if you decide to stick with the stock fuel tank that alone would save you another 30mins. Everything else fit smoothly. I didn't have to modify anything to make it fit.

The color scheme is just beautiful and I they did a great job on it. The paint job on these Slick is just amazing. You can tell by how perfectly the line matches on the cowl to the fuselage. Also see how shiny the finishing is.

Because we put a brand new DLE55RA the first few fight was aiming to break in the motor and trim the plane. After we ran 1 tank of fuel on the ground it's time to take the plane in the air for some break in maneuver.

All it took to trim was 3 click of elevator and 2 clicks of rudder and the Slick just flew straight like an arrow. The CG was right on the spot. Inverted flight was almost level. I was ready to throw it around already but I had to remind myself that it's a break in flight.

During the 2nd flight I was able to wring it around a bit more. Pop top, rolling harrier, torque rolling, knife edge, this bird is so light and tracks so well that it keep asking for more. But I didn't want to push the engine too hard so I just waited for a few more flights before pushing it. But I was able to hover her around myself--one of my favorite move (not recommended for anyone at "home"). This bird to me is has anything one could ask for from a Slick-floaty, precise, track and hover effortlessly--what a 3D machine.

Here are some of the pictures from the maiden day. Please stay tuned for flight video that is coming shortly. Thanks.

https://aerobeez.com/87-30-Slick-540...Red-Black.html

Some close up shots of the plane during build process:

More info and review of the plane will be updated here soon. Thanks.
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 16, 2013, 08:03 PM
Joined Dec 2011
24 Posts
Double Post.

Sorry double posted! Maiden is above this post! Thanks!
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Aerobeez; Oct 16, 2013 at 09:28 PM. Reason: Double Post
Old Nov 09, 2013, 06:22 PM
EG= Quality and Craftmanship
United States, OH, Pickerington
Joined Jul 2011
23 Posts
How is the black covering holding up?is the Lear pealing? We all want to know.
HazMat1 is offline Find More Posts by HazMat1