SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 01, 2013, 10:35 AM
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jan 2012
212 Posts
Discussion
Spektrum DX6i range problem?

So I have been flying on a new dx6i for about a month now and I have had three instance of losing all controll/power to my planes.

1st like new condition pz extra 300 with ar500 stock reciver: was high and far away but still easly visable mid loop I lose power and controlls, it stalls and dead sticks high angle into the ground snaps the fuse...fixed and have flown fine close to me.

2nd is with a pz p-47 with an orangerx 615 receiver i take off go out a good ways out and mid turn around I lose power and controlls, glides towards me and I regain and fly normal closer to me. I thought It may have just been interference...

3rd is with a pz p-47 with an orangerx 615 receiver again similar event as second lost everything glided towards me and saved it.

Never had any probs with my cracked pits w/ orangerx R610 but Im never that far away with it.

I have a feeling theres an issue with my tx as it has happened with 2 dif brand new rx. I only ever lose range when im pretty far away. Any input would be nice but im thinking it might be dx8 time...I have range checked every flight since the first crash with no probs.
xrichierichx is offline Find More Posts by xrichierichx
Last edited by xrichierichx; Apr 01, 2013 at 05:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2013, 10:38 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,640 Posts
If it passes range check but during flight you lose control it would suggest you should reposition the rx for better signal.

When you range check get a buddy to hold the plane in varies position to ensure it passes in all orientation.
freechip is offline Find More Posts by freechip
Old Apr 01, 2013, 10:38 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,096 Posts
I would send the AR500 in to have the Service guys look at it. I wouldn't fly a crashed rx until checked out, period.

As for the other two, you're on your own.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 01, 2013, 04:54 PM
Joined Jan 2012
212 Posts
guess I need to check this too...

Important Product Bulletin

DSMX transmitters operating in DSM2 mode

The Spektrum Team has been investigating sporadic reports from DSMX transmitter owners using their products in DSM2 mode. We have discovered that in some rare instances, DSMX equipped transmitters with the Product ID (PID) within this bulletin, may have a backwards compatibility issue that could cause a "hold" with the following superseded DSM2 receivers: AR500, AR6100, AR6100E, AR6110, AR6110E, AR6200 and AR6300.

If you have a DSMX transmitter with one of the following PIDs, please complete the Transmitter Service Request Form to receive a prepaid shipping label to send your transmitter to Horizon Hobby for a free firmware update.

DX6i/DX5e/DX4e:
PID's beginning with one of the following prefixes: HS, HH, HT, HE, HA

DX8:
PID's beginning with one of the following prefixes: HS, HH, HT, HE, HA, HO, HM, HR

DX7:
PID's beginning with the following prefix: HA

JRP9503/JPR9309:
PID's beginning with the following prefix: TM
Old Apr 01, 2013, 05:08 PM
New Zealand, Marlborough, Blenheim
Joined Jun 2012
465 Posts
I've had similar issues with my DX6i and have started a separate thread to try and find out how widespread loss of signal and other issues are out there. The PID, is that the FCC ID on the label. Mine starts with BR.
I have several Orange rx's and they don't say on them which one they are and the packet doesn't say either. They all have different coloured aerial wires and one has two. How do you tell which model they are?
otherhalf2 is offline Find More Posts by otherhalf2
Last edited by otherhalf2; Apr 01, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2013, 05:12 PM
Joined Jan 2012
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by otherhalf2 View Post
I've had similar issues with my DX6i and have started a separate thread to try and find out how widespread loss of signal and other issues are out there. The PID, is that the FCC ID on the label. Mine starts with BR.
whats the link to yours?

Might hop in my truck with my plane at low throttle and see how far I can drive before the prop stops lol.
Last edited by xrichierichx; Apr 01, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2013, 06:27 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,096 Posts
Quote:
The PID, is that the FCC ID on the label. Mine starts with BR.
No, it's the white label inside the battery compartment.

Quote:
I have several Orange rx's and they don't say on them which one they are and the packet doesn't say either. They all have different coloured aerial wires and one has two. How do you tell which model they are?
We don't offer any help for non-Horizon products like those. You need to contact them for technical and warranty support.

Andy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 02, 2013, 08:27 AM
Joined Jan 2012
212 Posts
Quote:
R610 has 1 wire and sat port
R615 has 2 wires for better signal
R620 has 1 wire that loops back in w/ failsafe

then theres 4,7 and 9 chn
but regardless there all dsm2.

might be time to shell out the $70 for a spek AR6210 dsmx receiver.
Last edited by xrichierichx; Apr 02, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old Apr 02, 2013, 08:40 AM
Joined Jan 2012
212 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
I would send the AR500 in to have the Service guys look at it. I wouldn't fly a crashed rx until checked out, period.

As for the other two, you're on your own.

Andy
How would I go about doing that? They send prepaid box?
Old Apr 02, 2013, 08:44 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
23,096 Posts
Start here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/content/...service-center and follow the instructions.

To get that link, I went to www.horizonhobby.com and then scrolled down to "Service Center" at the bottom left corner.

You pay the postage.

Andy
Site Sponsor