SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 08, 2012, 02:59 PM
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Discussion
Hitec Optic 6 Sport 2.4ghz issue

I am newer to flying and just bought a new Tower Hobbies P51. Anyway, I bought the P51 along with a new Hitec Optic 6 Sport 2.4 ghz. I got it all set up last night and then I noticed a couple of problems. For some reason, the motor does not start running until the throttle is thrown halfway. Also, all of the other servos max out before any of the control sticks are maxed out. So I have a dead stick until half throttle, and then dead control sticks after about halfway through their full range. Any ideas? Thanks!
relorre is offline Find More Posts by relorre
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Also, I am aware that there is a safety on the motor/esc where you have to "arm" it before it will work. This is not the problem.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 04:24 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by relorre View Post
I am newer to flying and just bought a new Tower Hobbies P51. Anyway, I bought the P51 along with a new Hitec Optic 6 Sport 2.4 ghz. I got it all set up last night and then I noticed a couple of problems. For some reason, the motor does not start running until the throttle is thrown halfway. Also, all of the other servos max out before any of the control sticks are maxed out. So I have a dead stick until half throttle, and then dead control sticks after about halfway through their full range. Any ideas? Thanks!
Did you reduce Ch3 trim to 60<80% or even minimum, alternatively adjusted EPA almost to maximum?
Do this prior to set up of any new ESC for each model as an Optic 6 Sport is similar to all othert computerised Tx, refer:
. EPA, ATV, Dual & Triple Rates, Expo Differences & Caution + ESC / BEC Set Up

Further information is available under:
. Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 05:13 PM
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
Quote:
Did you reduce Ch3 trim to 60<80% or even minimum, alternatively adjusted EPA almost to maximum?
Do this prior to set up of any new ESC for each model as an Optic 6 Sport is similar to all othert computerised Tx, refer:
. EPA, ATV, Dual & Triple Rates, Expo Differences & Caution + ESC / BEC Set Up

Further information is available under:
. Hitec Optic 6 & Optic 6 Sport - Manuals, Tutorial, Comparison Charts, Updates & FAQ

Alan T.
I have tried that with no luck. I could not find anything in the links you gave me that helped. Thanks for the help. Really hoping to figure this out.
Old Sep 08, 2012, 06:20 PM
Joined Aug 2002
5,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by relorre View Post
I have tried that with no luck. I could not find anything in the links you gave me that helped.
Thanks for the help. Really hoping to figure this out.
1. In case original ID-Setup was not accurate, please reset transceiver ID:
AFHSS - ID_Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Test Procedure for
........Aurora 9, Spectra 2.4Ghz Module <> Optima Transceiver or Minima Receiver.

If problem still exists, open another model memory, reset that to clear any possible residual info
as per manual page 24, copy attached.
1. Reduce throttle trim to mimimum but do not extend any EPA, reprogram the model and reset ESC.
2. Check that all servo throws are then normal, if so adjust EPA to ensure no servo are being driven to far or to short.

If above fails, email direct to:
Hitec Warranty & Service
Note: Hitec USA only services North/South America and Canada. (- Closed Weekends)
• If you are from a country that is outside North and South America, please contact the
Hitec distributor in your country for service.

Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
AFHSS Spectra Modules, Optima Transceivers, Minima Receivers
& Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
A.T. is offline Find More Posts by A.T.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Sep 2012
24 Posts
I called Hitec today and they think I got a defective Tx that was not calibrated correctly when it was made. Got a new one coming before I even have to send back the defective one. Best customer service I have had in a long time! Let's hope the next one works.