SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:01 AM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,492 Posts
Discussion
Iran threatens to wipe Israel 'off the face of the Earth'

Well, not exactly.
It's a conditional threat, but the words are very clear.
(The title of this thread is taken directly from the link.)

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...319179464.html

(The previous famous statement by the mullahs and repeated by the Iranian president are more accurately translated as "must be wiped from the map", which is more ambiguous.)

"IRAN ANNOUNCED missile tests yesterday and threatened to wipe Israel “off the face of the Earth” if the Jewish state attacked it, brandishing some of its starkest threats on the day Europe began enforcing an oil embargo and harsh new sanctions."

There are some on these boards who study military capabilities of countries.

My question is, if Israel did indeed attack Iran, would Iran have the capability to make good on its threat?
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Quote:
"Allah is our objective. The Prophet is our leader. Koran is our law. Jihad is our way. Dying in the way of Allah is our highest hope."
http://www.adl.org/terrorism/symbols...therhood_1.asp
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:26 AM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
I bet the Israelis are so happy mr obama is the president of the United States.
BE77 Pilot is offline Find More Posts by BE77 Pilot
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:28 AM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto View Post

"IRAN ANNOUNCED missile tests yesterday and threatened to wipe Israel “off the face of the Earth” if the Jewish state attacked it, brandishing some of its starkest threats on the day Europe began enforcing an oil embargo and harsh new sanctions."

My question is, if Israel did indeed attack Iran, would Iran have the capability to make good on its threat?
They'll counter attack? Why those heartless bastards!
rcposter is online now Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:29 AM
THE ЯUSSIANS ARE COMING!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Apr 2011
191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
I bet the Israelis are so happy mr obama is the president of the United States.
They should be. He's putty in their hands. He is about to bomb Iran, after all.
rcposter is online now Find More Posts by rcposter
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:31 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Well, not exactly.

(The previous famous statement by the mullahs and repeated by the Iranian president are more accurately translated as "must be wiped from the map", which is more ambiguous.)

It would seem to me, that any country is allowed to at least attempt to wipe out another country if they are attacked by said country.
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jul 02, 2012, 09:45 AM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcposter View Post
They should be. He's putty in their hands. He is about to bomb Iran, after all.

Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:05 AM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Euroland
Joined Jan 2004
1,797 Posts
The last time they said a few years back that the President of Iran wanted Israel wiped out it turned out that was a gross mistranslation of something that was more like Israel was a regional pain in the butt but not that Iran would wipe them out .

In Iran Jews live there in harmony with the Iran peoples with no persecution.The Iran jews do Iran army service same as everybody else .They go on Holidays to Israel and return after their holidays . The only time they get problems is if they return and openly admit they joined the Israel army the IDF same as USA people might get problems if they returned to the USA and said they joined Cubas army for a few years .

The reality is Iran has no intention of attacking Israel directly now or even within a decade or even 20 years from now .They used to give support to peoples in neighboring countries like Lebanon but seem to have stopped that activity directly as they chart a course that is more main stream.

Iran is not Arab and many of the Arabs like Saudi Arabia (who supplied 90% of the Arab terrorist in 911 if we believe that CIA tripe about 911) plan and scheme to destroy Iran as the Iran peoples are not Sunni Muslims but Shiite Muslims which they hate with a vengeance even more than Americans Jews or Christians

Why any European or American would want to join any crappy army and go fight in these hell hole deserts only to find out often the locals are OK dudes and the regional story is so complex after thousands of years of shifting sands of wars and tribes and camel dung and to die fighting there no way Jose better to stay in Europe or USA and tell the presidents and senators politicians and so forth that they can go over there to those arid deserts and do the fighting if they are that concerned for the region.

Facts are simple Israel has more than 300 nuclear missiles with medium range missiles that can strike as far as Athens.
Iran has no nuclear missiles and would require several years in war mode to produce one and would be lucky to make 6 at best .
They have good medium range Iran made missiles.with which to hit Israel with conventional missiles which Israel fears could have bio weapons on them
That is a highly unlikely story the last regional power Iraq with bio weapons had to be given or sold them by the USA and they had a shelf life that made them unusable after ~1996 .
So we now know the USA lied about Hussein having weapons of mass destruction they were useless by 2003.
The USA eventually found most of these defunct bio weapons and destroyed them so that the evidence that the USA had sold Iraq the weapons was lost .
However it did turn out that Hussein had a real weapon of mass destruction warehouses full of USA of trillions and trillions of USA dollars perfect in every way impossible to tell from the real USA Federal note dollar of that time
If Hussein had of released on to the world dollar market 60% of all money in the world it would have killed the USA Dollar and destroyed the USA economy in 2003 . That is why the USA brought out newer USA dollar notes .

So realistically Bio weapons can go back to the country that launched them and kill the wrong target peoples and are too risky for both sides to use
Nuclear weapons are too risky to use as nuclear dust fall outs will effect the whole region and again the dust can blow back on the wrong target peoples

So if it came to a conventional war Israel slogging it out with Iran versus Israel would lose after maybe 10 years if Iran stay unified ( Iran is ready to break apart at the seams any time )

As Israel would start to lose badly they could launch nukes and turn Iran into a glass car park but risk to destroy Israel with fall out
Chances are Russia would then nuke Israel for doing that to one of their allies Iran
Then it would be the USA 's turn do they want to get wiped out taking on Russia which has ten times as many nukes as the USA has .

All war games scenarios where the big boys go at each other end in full nuclear war exchange

Needless to say Canada is gonna be wiped out also in that all out war

So trying to figure out if Iran could this that or the other is impossible as you have to factor in what the USA Russia and China would do

If you could be sure that big boys would not get involved its a close call as Iran is huge country with many different tribes some who may chose to opt out of fighting Israel so weakening Iran.That reason alone make Iran most unlikely to attack Israel as the so called mad Mullahs are on good show running Iran right now why risk it all with a war with Israel.

However the arms manufactures who control the USA government Obomination and that last lot of Bush babies want to bleed the USA dry yet again with another war and that is where a war with Iran could come from .

Why that SOB Dick Cheeny had the trucking franchise in war torn Iraq .He was getting something like $100 a mile for every mile his trucks went with or without cargo. Truck drivers from the USA who risked limb and life and some lost those complained most trips were using trucks that were either empty or lightly loaded with one Tyre or something small and Dick Cheeny was making billions from the war. That war with Iraq Was a huge lie that killed 400 USA troopers and now they got to pay for the medicines as VA wont pay nothing .

The USA troopers as Henery Kissiger say are dumb smuck animals there to use as cannon fodder and make rich americans richer

Any war with Syria or Iran is another lie for the cannon fodder USA British Canadian European troops to die for while the mega rich get insanely rich.

Everything Alex Jones says is correct he knows the most about these wars who plans them and who gets all the loot and it isn't the small peoples they get bombed on killed and more poorer either as the losers or the winners they get NADA

Hope that clears the mud a bit for you

Ralf
treehog is offline Find More Posts by treehog
Last edited by treehog; Jul 02, 2012 at 10:17 AM.
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:06 AM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
It would seem to me, that any country is allowed to at least attempt to wipe out another country if they are attacked by said country.
Please explain; I perceive an inconsistency.

This seems to suggest that If Israel attacked Iranian nuclear nuclear facilities, with the purpose of damaging or destroying Iran's nuclear capabilities, and not with the intention of 'wiping Iran out' then Iran should be "allowed to at least wipe out" Israel, which to me seems 'disproportionate'.

There have been many on these boards who have complained about Israel using 'disproportionate' force.

It also brings up another question.

If Iran tries to destroy Israel in retaliation for an attack on Iranian nuclear facilities, but fails, would it then seem justified to you for Israel to retaliate by trying to wipe "Iran off the face of the earth"?
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:08 AM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Well, not exactly.

I disagree. Considering the 'previous famous statement' was:

''the regime occupying Jerusalem will vanish from the page of time,''

...I don't see how ''must be wiped from the map'' is any more accurate than ''off the face of the earth.''

Quote:

I wouldn't think so. Israel already has missile defence shields, and the US is shipping more, under the pretext of a ''joint military exercise.''

The Iranian General also said:

Quote:
Israel is not capable of attacking Iran "since it was defeated by Hezbollah" in 2006, a reference to a month long war between Israel and the Iran-backed Lebanese group.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-e...-game-1.448102
So I would take what he says to be posturing, rather than an accurate assessment of military capabilities.

The question seems to be when will Israel attack Iran, rather than if. As a majority of Israelis are only in favour of an attack on Iran if the US joins in, my guess is it'll be in the run up to the election.

More importantly, how many Iranian civilians are likely to be killed, and how much radiation is likely to be emitted from bombed nuclear facilities, and for how long?

Dusty
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:13 AM
I want to go flying!
Joined May 2010
414 Posts
Wonder if that could effect oil prices?
Old Jul 02, 2012, 10:22 AM
Libertas in Infinitum
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Please explain; I perceive an inconsistency.

This seems to suggest that If Israel attacked Iranian nuclear nuclear facilities, with the purpose of damaging or destroying Iran's nuclear capabilities, and not with the intention of 'wiping Iran out' then Iran should be "allowed to at least wipe out" Israel, which to me seems 'disproportionate'.

There have been many on these boards who have complained about Israel using 'disproportionate' force.

It also brings up another question.

If Iran tries to destroy Israel in retaliation for an attack on Iranian nuclear facilities, but fails, would it then seem justified to you for Israel to retaliate by trying to wipe "Iran off the face of the earth"?
If an actual foriegn government ennacted the 9/11 attacks, I think the US would have been in its full rights to completely demolish that country back down to the stone age.

If Iran attacks Israel, then I say, Israel is free to smack the living crap out of Iran.

So, following that thread ... if Israel attacks Iran ... then I think it appropriate the Iran feel it would need to destroy Israel ... i doubt they could ... but the could certainly try.
logan5 is offline Find More Posts by logan5
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:08 AM
Sometimes it works!
Caldera, Costa Rica
Joined May 2000
897 Posts
Say What?

.................................................. .................
GYROGEARLOOSE is offline Find More Posts by GYROGEARLOOSE
Old Jul 02, 2012, 11:10 AM
Joined Aug 2011
714 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BE77 Pilot View Post
Wonder if that could effect oil prices?
Thats in Obama's hands now that he saved us from Bush...
UlteriorModem is offline Find More Posts by UlteriorModem
Old Jul 02, 2012, 12:55 PM
The original Flying Pigs Sqd.
Netanya, Israel
Joined Aug 2002
9,982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by treehog View Post
Hope that clears the mud a bit for you
No it doesn't, as you are spreading mostly mud yourself. But from you, I'm used to that.
Up&Away is online now Find More Posts by Up&Away