HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:55 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Discussion
Racing Porter Texas Gulf Coast Raceway

This is a thread on the topic of rules and regs for the racing at Mike's hobby shop.

1.) Ideas
2.) Rules
3.) Regulations
4.) Classes

Three weeks from Sunday we would like to hold a race... Please everyone keep a eye out for this thread if your interested. I will be taking all info on the race schedule and entry information.

As for now i think the first couple of events will be run what you brung to get the race started off. Of course it has to be a two wheel R/c. No 1:1 with a remote attached please. LOL
621clay is offline Find More Posts by 621clay
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2011, 09:59 AM
Joined Jun 2006
285 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 621clay View Post
This is a thread on the topic of rules and regs for the racing at Mike's hobby shop.

1.) Ideas
2.) Rules
3.) Regulations
4.) Classes

Three weeks from Sunday we would like to hold a race... Please everyone keep a eye out for this thread if your interested. I will be taking all info on the race schedule and entry information.

As for now i think the first couple of events will be run what you brung to get the race started off. Of course it has to be a two wheel R/c. No 1:1 with a remote attached please. LOL
Bummer - Ill be away on vacation
rskip is offline Find More Posts by rskip
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:10 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Bi monthly will be our goal. To give veryone time to get ready and prep for the time from the family. Sunday for sure though, no one races on sundays usually at mikes unless its a large event.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 12:53 PM
Joined Jul 2011
121 Posts
Clay c'mon u killing me. When need to have it every month.
Exavior1221 is offline Find More Posts by Exavior1221
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:16 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Your thoughts will be taken into consideration.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 01:37 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
I think making your own starting block also will be a must... Having a bulk of them made will only result in bad starts only becuase some peoples bike will not have the same ride hight etc. Just keep in mind that no one should have a block that perpels the bike without the bikes power. That wouldnt be fair. lol (no rubberbands, sling shots, etc)
Old Jul 21, 2011, 04:04 PM
Editor, RCCA
Joined Nov 2004
3,163 Posts
We do rolling starts for qualifiers (IFMAR-style), since everyone is on their own clock anyway. That way be get to warm up our tires and spread out on the track before the clock(s) start.

For the Mains, we get a warm up to get heat into the tires, then do what the UK guys do -- have a guy trained as a launcher to send the bikes off in qualifying order. We've got a couple of the car guys and a couple of our kids capable of launching us consistently. On occasion we do get a bike launched off-line, but for the most part, things have been good this way. We did try starter rails a few years ago or starting from against the wall, but having a guy hand launch them has given the best results.
Guidoracer is offline Find More Posts by Guidoracer
Old Jul 21, 2011, 04:39 PM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
I do like this idea better myself... Just hope that everyone else does agree and not complain that the starting method made them to far behind the next bike to be passed.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 11:03 PM
Joined Jun 2011
163 Posts
problem with that is that there are not going to be enough people out to even corner marshall. i like the starting block idea. Also clay did you mean bi weekly or bi monthly? i suggest bi weekly, people will find other things to do if they have to wait that long to race and will eventually drop off. not only that but you want someone out there at the track more often to let people see whats going on and possibly attract new racers. IFMAR starts are fine for qualifying but we still need the starting blocks , just makes things easier. we can start them on the short straight by the pit lane and that gives plenty of time to get them off of the track and out of the way.
Mantisworx is offline Find More Posts by Mantisworx
Old Jul 22, 2011, 12:05 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
I thought bi monthly, but bi weekly is fine by me. Very true on the starting blocks. We will have a problem with corner marshalling. Note this is my first attempt at organizing a event. Opinions are wanted.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 08:41 AM
Joined Jun 2011
163 Posts
you know i will help as much as i can. me being the off-road race director has burned me out! all i want to do now is sign up and race!
Mantisworx is offline Find More Posts by Mantisworx
Old Jul 22, 2011, 09:31 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
I know, just making sure everyone else knows it. Besides, we need someone to be second place lol.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 09:35 AM
Joined Jul 2011
121 Posts
I guess that person in second place will b u clay cuz I'm coming in 1st. Remember that! LOL
Exavior1221 is offline Find More Posts by Exavior1221
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:27 AM
Joined Dec 2009
1,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exavior1221 View Post
I guess that person in second place will b u clay cuz I'm coming in 1st. Remember that! LOL
Whatever gets you out to the track X.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 11:32 AM
Occasional useful idiot...
Joined Nov 2009
1,400 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
We do rolling starts for qualifiers (IFMAR-style), since everyone is on their own clock anyway. That way be get to warm up our tires and spread out on the track before the clock(s) start.

For the Mains, we get a warm up to get heat into the tires, then do what the UK guys do -- have a guy trained as a launcher to send the bikes off in qualifying order.
We at Skippy are not exactly overflowing with marshals so this is what happens at our club meets. Seems to work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisworx View Post
problem with that is that there are not going to be enough people out to even corner marshall.
You only need one fleet of foot marshal who can cover the whole track nimbly and you should be fine. It will also make you concentrate on not crashing so much and getting yourself out of trouble.
Jonathan Bradbury is offline Find More Posts by Jonathan Bradbury