New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2011, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by richos
Joined Mar 2008
530 Posts
New Product
Miniaviation 300 mAh, 30c mCP X Style Li-Po Battery

Look at this new (BIG MEGA POWER) lipo from Miniaviation

The new Miniaviation 300mAh batteries deliver more capacity and Power over the standard 200mAh EFlite batteries and after market cells such as the Hyperion 250 mAh 25C or Turnigy 300mAh 35C. See how the new Miniaviation compare with these cells on the discharge graph below. These are a great upgrade for your helicopter, increasing flight time and enjoyment of your model aircraft.

It took us several months of testing to source the best cells we could and the result is now available to buy and fly.

As well as the extra capacity, these cells are capable of a true 30c discharge meaning a higher voltage under load, which gives more lively performance. The graph below clearly shows the voltage output of these cells compared with the competition at a constant 2A. Give them a try, we're sure you'll agree they are the best plug and play battery you've put in your micro helicopter.

Stock E-Flite for MCPX 200mAh 1S 3.7V 25C LiPo
Capacity 200mAh
Weight: 7g

Old Hyperion G3 CX 250mAh 25C for MCPX
Capacity 250mAh
Weight: 7.81g
Dimensions: 43 x 19 x 5.8 mm

Turnigy nano tech 300mah 1s 35c lipo for MCPX
Capacity: 300mAh
Weight: 7.6g
Dimensions: 48.5x7.1x19mm

Parkzone mosquito stock 250mAh 20C 1-Cell 3.7V LiPo
Capacity: 250mAh
Weight: 8g

Old Hyperion G3 CX - 1S 240mAh 25c for Ultra Micro and Minium Series with conector
Capacity: 240mAh
Weight: 7.03g
Dimensions: 31.6 x 20.0 x 6.3 mm

THE NEW MINIAVIATION 300mAh 30c BLADE MCPX LIPO
Weight: 7.8g
Dimensions: 47x18x6.2mm Fits standard chargers (dimensions include plug and cap)

http://miniaviation.com/mCPX.html
richos is online now Find More Posts by richos
Last edited by richos; Nov 29, 2011 at 12:47 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2011, 11:31 AM
Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,765 Posts
Well, I don't know about this one yet. But, I have been telling everyone that MA batts are my favorites. Just told them all on the off topic Champ thread. hahahaha. My Hyp's are all sittin in storage now hoping something will happen to the MA's. ahahahahaha
Best batts I have flown to date. Love em. I have the 190mah and the ones for the Beast. They ROCK!!!
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Old Nov 27, 2011, 12:51 PM
Joined Mar 2008
530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy View Post
Well, I don't know about this one yet. But, I have been telling everyone that MA batts are my favorites. Just told them all on the off topic Champ thread. hahahaha. My Hyp's are all sittin in storage now hoping something will happen to the MA's. ahahahahaha
Best batts I have flown to date. Love em. I have the 190mah and the ones for the Beast. They ROCK!!!
Yes leethetreeguy! as we all know, anyone that has tried and TESTED, and EXPEIENCED the Mega duration of the miniaviation 190 mAh lipo in the Champ will know that you get a mega 25 minutes average flight time that blows the old 160 Hyp's generic/stock lipos away.

Humm!

So the fat Old Hyperion G3 CX 250mAh 25C compared to the THE NEW MINIAVIATION 300mAh 30c is looking GOOD!!

Old Hyperion G3 CX - 1S 240mAh 25c for Ultra Micro and Minium Series with conector
Capacity: 240mAh
Weight: 7.03g
Dimensions: 31.6 x 20.0 x 6.3 mm

THE NEW MINIAVIATION 300mAh 30c BLADE MCPX LIPO
Weight: 7.8g
Dimensions: 47x18x6.2mm

So thats another EXTRA 5c punch and an EXTRA 60mAh from the NEW
MINIAVIATION 300mAh 30c LIPO

And the miniaviation is only 0.4g more in weight

Don't you just love Lipo progress leethetreeguy
Old Nov 27, 2011, 03:07 PM
Find More Posts by RealGambler
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,501 Posts
Richos,

I know you love to sell the MiniAviation batteries, but at least, you should learn where you should post your advertisement. This is a airplane thread. This battery is a Heli battery. Your selling post belong in the heli thread, not here. There's plenty of mCPX thread in the heli section.
RealGambler is online now Find More Posts by RealGambler
Old Nov 27, 2011, 03:55 PM
Find More Posts by Thermal Hobby
Joined Dec 2010
461 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGambler View Post
Richos,

This battery is a Heli battery.
There is no difference.
Thermal Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Thermal Hobby
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:01 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermal Hobby View Post
There is no difference.
Connector is for a heli...
Old Nov 27, 2011, 04:40 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,765 Posts
Is that not a normal UM connector?
Old Nov 27, 2011, 05:16 PM
Find More Posts by rcpaintfx
Kev Waite
Plymouth UK
Joined Nov 2005
396 Posts
Not so, This battery works great in a 3d planes with a 1 cell brushless set up. I have changed over to the mcp x battery connector because it can take more current.

See my previous post on these great batteries.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1538374

Kev
rcpaintfx is offline Find More Posts by rcpaintfx
Old Nov 28, 2011, 05:54 AM
Find More Posts by Lberry.88
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
I hate to be a pain but your graph is quite misleading: Comparing different capacity batteries will always yield different discharge curves - only when you compare batteries of the same capacity can you have a real comparison. Of course the 200mAh E-flite battery will discharge quicker than the battery with 50% more capacity. The only battery that could be compared on your graph is the 300mAh Turnigy, which the Miniaviation battery beats anyway, so adding the other lines is unnecessary and deceptive.

Also this discharge curve is for 10C, what would it look like for higher discharge curves? I notice that the Turnigy is 35C whilst Miniaviation is 30... apologies if I have missed something here, but misleading graphs do annoy me.
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Last edited by Lberry.88; Nov 28, 2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by richardbarnett
UK
Joined Sep 2009
170 Posts
The graph is not only there to show the discharge time. It also shows the voltage under a load. The Eflite is there as a baseline as anyone who has bought the model will have one of these cells. All these cells are sold for the MCPx so a comparison of them under load is hardly misleading, if we were comparing cells that were not suitable for this model i'd agree, but...

This is actually the graph using the prototype MA cells i had to test. I've redone the graphs at both 2Amp and 3Amp with the production cells we now have in stock. The new graphs will be on the site in the next day or so.

Do any other Li-Po suppliers even show data like this? Some make us rely on the dubious numbers printed on the labels!!!!

I'd also like to point out again that Richos is not connected in any way with Miniaviation.
richardbarnett is offline Find More Posts by richardbarnett
Old Nov 28, 2011, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by Lberry.88
If in doubt, add accelerant
United Kingdom, England, Stansted Mountfitchet
Joined May 2007
1,825 Posts
Thanks for the explanation, seems reasonable
Lberry.88 is offline Find More Posts by Lberry.88
Old Nov 29, 2011, 06:20 AM
Joined Mar 2008
530 Posts
Name: EFLA7002UM.jpg
Views: 113
Size: 15.1 KB
Description: 1s High Current Ultra-Micro Battery Adapter Lead EFLA7002UMName: EFLA7002UM.jpg
Views: 113
Size: 15.1 KB
Description: 1s High Current Ultra-Micro Battery Adapter Lead EFLA7002UM
Quote:
Is that not a normal UM connector?
That's Correct leethetreeguy im going to use the (1s High Current Ultra-Micro Battery Adapter Lead EFLA7002UM) to modify and replace my Mk1 PZ Sukhoi lead to the AR6400 brick this will supply a higher current to the brick , also i will be swapping out my 4-site motor for the Bravo SX motor with the a PZ pinion swap . I hear that the Bravo SX 8.5mm can motor draws quite alot of current .

Or just use a um to mcpx Micro Adapter
Last edited by richos; Dec 18, 2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 06:46 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by richos View Post
That's Correct leethetreeguy im going to use the (1s High Current Ultra-Micro Battery Adapter Lead EFLA7002UM) to modify and replace my Mk1 PZ Sukhoi lead to the AR600 brick this will supply a higher current to the brick , also i will be swapping out my 4-site motor for the Bravo SX motor with the a PZ pinion swap . I hear that the Bravo SX 8.5mm can motor draws quite alot of current .
Great idea... Be careful though, I think the battery slot on your Sukhoi is not wide enough to take those batteries without some foam carving. And you said many time, in the past, that you don't want to carve the foam on your airplanes to take wider batteries.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 11:13 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,765 Posts
There is no need to carve out the battery through. Just make a small piece of foam to fill the gap. Velcro to the one on the plane. Add a piece of velcro for the battery. No big deal. Cept I guess it might look strange battery sticking out the bottom. But, you can cover it and make it look like an externall gas tank. Lee
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:06 PM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,501 Posts
Quote:
There is no need to carve out the battery through. Just make a small piece of foam to fill the gap. Velcro to the one on the plane. Add a piece of velcro for the battery. No big deal. Cept I guess it might look strange battery sticking out the bottom. But, you can cover it and make it look like an externall gas tank. Lee
That's what we said when Richos was complaining about carving airplanes for bigger batteries!