Aug 04, 2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixFLYER
When this new helicopter with spektrum reciver will be available? What price? Thanks and good job!
Will HiSky also make 4ch helicopter with spektrum receiver?
This will be available soon:

The HiSky 100 helicopter will soon be available like this:

heli:45g
battery*2:15g
accessories bag:15g
RF MODULE:25g
Wires(for JR and FUTABA):25g
blister package:120g

Sent to any place in the world from China maybe more fast and relyable than from inside any other country.

Because of the light weight, it can be sent as registered Air Letter all around the world without any restrictions.

The same about the new HiSky 80 cooming soon.

I fly to China this week to sort out all these thing.

Any serious requests?

HobbyEUSZH
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2012, 12:02 PM
2 seconds from crashing
No most 3d micros do not look like the mcpx...they look like what the desginers made them look like.

Go look at walkeras and all their off name brands.... Walkera has bee able to come up with about 30 different frames for their heli's alone..
There is a lot of room for different frame design and such, that is if you dont want to use parts that already have molds and have already been designed for another product.

So what you put a different board on (you had too) or a stronger motor on it. Also making a larger battery tray on the same mcpx landing gear isnt a big deal either. These are simple improvements on someone elses design. This doesnt mean it was your design or you didnt clone it. Using parts and making minor changes from someone elses design and calling it your own is ridiculous. If Blade did the changes you did they woulnt give it a new name and instead they would put a v3 badge on it. You cloned and everbody knows it and you are just making your company look silly.

Look I dont care that you cloned it all I am saying is you are charging too much for a product that is 100% based on another companies design

If you dont like the word clone then my suggestion is dont clone or use th emain parts from another product.

quack quack
Aug 04, 2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyEurope
This will be available soon:

The HiSky 100 helicopter will soon be available like this:

heli:45g
battery*2:15g
accessories bag:15g
RF MODULE:25g
Wires(for JR and FUTABA):25g
blister package:120g

Sent to any place in the world from China maybe more fast and relyable than from inside any other country.

Because of the light weight, it can be sent as registered Air Letter all around the world without any restrictions.

The same about the new HiSky 80 cooming soon.

I fly to China this week to sort out all these thing.

Any serious requests?

HobbyEUSZH
So this will be an external rf module that will connect then to the trainer ports on the JR/Futaba radios?

Do you have a tentative date as to when these may appear for order?

Do you know who will be carrying them?

Jim
Aug 05, 2012, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli
No most 3d micros do not look like the mcpx...they look like what the desginers made them look like.

Go look at walkeras and all their off name brands.... Walkera has bee able to come up with about 30 different frames for their heli's alone..
There is a lot of room for different frame design and such, that is if you dont want to use parts that already have molds and have already been designed for another product.

So what you put a different board on (you had too) or a stronger motor on it. Also making a larger battery tray on the same mcpx landing gear isnt a big deal either. These are simple improvements on someone elses design. This doesnt mean it was your design or you didnt clone it. Using parts and making minor changes from someone elses design and calling it your own is ridiculous. If Blade did the changes you did they woulnt give it a new name and instead they would put a v3 badge on it. You cloned and everbody knows it and you are just making your company look silly.

Look I dont care that you cloned it all I am saying is you are charging too much for a product that is 100% based on another companies design

If you dont like the word clone then my suggestion is dont clone or use th emain parts from another product.

quack quack
I know very well about Walkera. And all the other companies too. Walkera had to hired 100 expert persons from Hong Kong to make their new range. If not they probably would have gone bust. So something new should come out of that. But if you take a closer look at their products, you will find a lot of similarities there too.

HiSky is not my company. I help them with ideas and development, like I do to a number of companies around the world.

The first things I looked for when they showed me their helicopter, was patented and copy parts. I told them to make improvments and changes to several parts. Among them the servos and the motors, to make the helicopter perform better. I also noticed them the design. Not because it was a copy or anything like that, but because it is to too common and dull with too little identity. So this will be changed. But this will take some time, because it has to fit into the foam box too, that already is made in big numbers.

I think you have a wrong idea about how a production of things like this is working. HiSky, or any other similar company does not make the different plastic parts. These parts are made by other factories in big numbers of variations for anybody to buy. HiSky, as other similar companies, does not design these parts. They just pick the parts that is most convenient for their purpose. Small companies like the HiSky and others does not have the financial power to make their own molds for everything. They have to purchase the common parts that is legally offered on the open market.

HobbyEUSZH
Last edited by HobbyEurope; Aug 05, 2012 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Spelling
Aug 05, 2012, 08:22 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
I also noticed them the design. Not because it was a copy or anything like that, but because it is to too common and dull with too little identity.
LOL Maybe too little identity of its own as everybody who flys micro cp heli's knows of the mcpx design. And umm yeah the design is common because it is of the mcpx.

You should just drop it..you are not going to convience me or others here that it isnt a clone. Also the more you say the more it affirms my original thought that Hisky based the design on the mcpx and changed mainly what they had too.

BTW have you noticed the name of this thread?????

I do not have the wrong idea about production as I am in sales and manufacturing.I actually make custom products for customers and once produced if another company wants to by that product i am able to sell it to them as well. That is as long as there is no agreement against doing so on that product.
This is what has been done with the Hisky with the exception that more money for R&D and molds was put into the original design of the mcpx. Then hisky bought parts that were originally designed for the mcpx and created a new board. They did this so they can call it their own and save tons on using mcpx molds and not needing to do R&D on the design and layout of the helicopter.

I wonder maybe it is another brand that cloned the mcpx and is selling to both hisky and turnigy as turnigy looks the exact same as hiskys clone, board, TX and all
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F_Mode_2_.html

If put a mcpx board on either I am sure everybody would think it is a mcpx...because it is made from the same parts and is a clone. The parts are now common and are purchasable for cheap because they were previously designed for the mcpx .

Again i do not care that Hisky cloned the mcpx. My original point was IMHO hisky is trying to charge to much for a clone. They saved a boatload by not designing the helicopter from ground up.

CLONE: One that copies or closely resembles another, as in appearance or function.
Last edited by indoorheli; Aug 05, 2012 at 08:45 PM.
Aug 06, 2012, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli

I wonder maybe it is another brand that cloned the mcpx and is selling to both hisky and turnigy as turnigy looks the exact same as hiskys clone, board, TX and all
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...F_Mode_2_.html
Nice try, but this reveals how much you actually have of knowledge about this type of production.

The Turnigy FBL 100 is an OEM production manufactured by the HiSky company.

One thing I can agree on is that the price is somewhat high, although the performance is better than all other similar helicopters.

And that actually says even more about how high the price is on the other similar helicopters in terms of performance.

For a similar reason, now the HiSky helicopter will be available without TX, but with RF module suitable other TX brands.

And they will soon launch an even smaller 3D helicopter.

So the world does not stop turning yet.

HobbyEUSZ
Aug 06, 2012, 02:38 AM
2 seconds from crashing
Did you understand what I wrote? I said it looks to be the exact same as turnigy version and that who ever made it probably made both hisky and turnigy... I understand plenty about the subject

Still it doesn't matter that hisky is behind the clone under the name turnigy as well.

All in all I still think it is too much for a mcpx clone. I mean I can get an 450pro clone for $65 and the real deal is over $300. These extreme price differences are common on the clone market.

Yes price is high on the mcpx and everyone know it doesn't cost much to make the parts. But to be fair blade paid a fortune in research and development.. it isn't like the parts were on the shelf when blade designed the mcpx. Lucky for hisky they are available for all who want to make their own heIi now.

I look forward to the 80 version you say is coming out. I hope it is a new design rather than a mothed ultra light mcpx clone.
Last edited by indoorheli; Aug 06, 2012 at 02:44 AM.
Aug 06, 2012, 03:18 AM
Fan of just about anything RC
The reason the mCPx costs more is 2-fold. The Blade engineers want return on invested time in the design, and you get over the top customer service with HH, it's not uncommon to get some extra parts sent after you report an issue with your purchase. You partially pay for that customer service in advance.

Now I don't say Hi-Sk didn't take time to apparently improve upon the mCP x design, and perhaps it is indeed better than the mCPx, so provides more bang for the buck. But with some parts being even interchangable 1 on 1, you can't but call it a clone. The v911 is a clone of the Solo Pro V, no one denied that at it's introduction, but that didn't stop it from becoming popular and respected. Although it would have taken longer, and perhaps not reach as much acclaim had it been almost similarly priced as the original Nine Eagles heli. It's about perception. The HiSky heli looks like a direct clone, and even though it's souped up on performance, the first impression many will have is "hey, that's a clone of the mCPx, but why does it cost almost the same as the original?"

You can't change that perception by repeating it's not a clone. Instead you should stop denying and try another approach. Yes, it may look like a well known CP heli, but it actually flies better. Put emphasis on performance, instead of making it look like HiSky invented this heli all by themselves, and didn't have a good look around of what others came up with...
Aug 06, 2012, 03:44 AM
Thread OP
We are not 3 year old kids here. We can make our own judgement as to whether it is a clone or not. We resent people telling us that an apple is an orange, or a chicken is a duck. Please show some respect to the members here, many of whom have a lot of experience with micro helis and have been around for a long time.
Aug 06, 2012, 07:32 AM
I need a bigger shed..
unsub'd.
HobbyEurope's arguement is gettting childish and this mcpx clone is way way too expensive, seen as I can build a T-Rex 450 clone for around $200.
Aug 06, 2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw
We are not 3 year old kids here. We can make our own judgement as to whether it is a clone or not. We resent people telling us that an apple is an orange, or a chicken is a duck. Please show some respect to the members here, many of whom have a lot of experience with micro helis and have been around for a long time.
Yes, agree.

It is waste of time to discuss who came first. The chicken or the egg.

Clone or not clone. The business market will keep on turning.

Not much we can do about that.

The market, and the customers, will decide who will survive or not.

If HiSky is a failure, it will die. If not, nobody can stop them. The world market is too big.

Just to make one thing clear. I am not involved financially in HiSky or any other Chinese company. I just happened to know this market, and the companies there very well. From time to time they ask me for advice.

Sometimes they ask me for more than an advice. Then the answer is always no.

And just to warn you. At the Shanghai Fair end of this month, you will see tons of clones of the clone of this helicopter and many others.

So it is just waste of energy. Don't shoot the messenger.

HobbyEUSZ
Aug 06, 2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
The reason the mCPx costs more is 2-fold. The Blade engineers want return on invested time in the design, and you get over the top customer service with HH, it's not uncommon to get some extra parts sent after you report an issue with your purchase. You partially pay for that customer service in advance.

Now I don't say Hi-Sk didn't take time to apparently improve upon the mCP x design, and perhaps it is indeed better than the mCPx, so provides more bang for the buck. But with some parts being even interchangable 1 on 1, you can't but call it a clone. The v911 is a clone of the Solo Pro V, no one denied that at it's introduction, but that didn't stop it from becoming popular and respected. Although it would have taken longer, and perhaps not reach as much acclaim had it been almost similarly priced as the original Nine Eagles heli. It's about perception. The HiSky heli looks like a direct clone, and even though it's souped up on performance, the first impression many will have is "hey, that's a clone of the mCPx, but why does it cost almost the same as the original?"

You can't change that perception by repeating it's not a clone. Instead you should stop denying and try another approach. Yes, it may look like a well known CP heli, but it actually flies better. Put emphasis on performance, instead of making it look like HiSky invented this heli all by themselves, and didn't have a good look around of what others came up with...
Never mention a word about invention. Igor Sikorsky invented the helicopter.

So invention at this field is not possible anymore, even when talking about toys.

To pick parts from the open market has nothing to do about invention. Hardly only improvements.

But it is fully legal.

HobbyEUSZ
Aug 06, 2012, 05:22 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan
The HiSky heli looks like a direct clone, and even though it's souped up on performance, the first impression many will have is "hey, that's a clone of the mCPx, but why does it cost almost the same as the original?"
Yep that is what most will think and is why my original post was that IMHO they should lower it. Clones are always a good cheaper way to get a helicopter that people have been wanting....well until this micro 100.
If the price point is around $80 people will snatch them up. But if kept near the real deal the mcpx then my bet Hisky will have issues selling these.

Quote:
And just to warn you. At the Shanghai Fair end of this month, you will see tons of clones of the clone of this helicopter and many others.

So it is just waste of energy. Don't shoot the messenger.

HobbyEUSZ
You seem to be misunderstanding vast amounts of what is being said. No one cares Hisky cloned the mcpx or if there will be more mcpx clones. We all know it is inevitable but what most hope for is a vast surplus of cheap clones and clone parts.The original point was not an issue of cloning (it was only an issue for you and that term) instead it was more of an issue on too high of price for what it is.

I love OEM products such as Align and Blade and have owned many of each. But I also love clones and have owned at least 10 variations of the align knock offs.
I actually look forward to more blade and Align clones. But the one thing that drives a clone market is PRICE! You can not simply charge what the OEM products sell for as they have much more built in to their initial price offering.

Quote:
Never mention a word about invention. Igor Sikorsky invented the helicopter.

So invention at this field is not possible anymore, even when talking about toys.

To pick parts from the open market has nothing to do about invention. Hardly only improvements.

But it is fully legal.

HobbyEUSZ
Invention is only not possible if you choose not to invent

It is possible to invent your own design and it happens repeatedly in this field. Take the mcpx Hisky cloned for example, there was no design like the mcpx before it was made
Same with other micro's like Walkera's TT micro cp heli's.
To pick parts from the open market from helicopters already made is not designing and is assembly and its very hard to make it not look like a clone when you are using parts from another brand.

Please stop, take a deep breath and read what has been written again as you are just making yourself and the Hisky brand look worse.
Aug 07, 2012, 12:59 AM
Suspended Account
the price at http://www.buychina.com/products/15254321719 is USD136 free shipping
Aug 07, 2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifans
the price at http://www.buychina.com/products/15254321719 is USD136 free shipping
They take it out from it's original box som they can ship it below 1 kg.

A smaller and lighter box will soon be available weighing totally less that 1 kg.

Then the total cost will drop far below 136 USD all included.

HobbyEUSZ

Quick Reply