HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:56 PM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkarpy
Karen is working on a quote for you. The only affordable way to ship it is USPS Priority Mail International.
If she can send it to my email at robbiew24@hotmail.com. That would be good. But was hoping to get it b4 the 10 days i waited for the plastic parts i ordered. I know its not u holding it up its the courier company. Just a pain to wait so long lol. Thanks austin.
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 01, 2009, 11:53 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2009
119 Posts
ARF's...what happened to them?

I'm a noob to this arena, but interested in an ARF. Any chance of one in available?

Thanks!
rcHeli101 is offline Find More Posts by rcHeli101
Old Nov 02, 2009, 08:10 AM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcHeli101 View Post
I'm a noob to this arena, but interested in an ARF. Any chance of one in available?

Thanks!
WE do plan to bring back the ARF. I just do not know when.

James
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2009, 12:31 PM
Joined Oct 2009
119 Posts
Arf

I tried Bob's to see if that last remaining yellow ARF was still there...no luck.

I'm a heli guy and don't have any of the fundamental building tools for planes. So, I'd prefer to get my foot into the door via an ARF. If anyone happens to have one they're not using......just let me know!

Thanks,

Jeff
Old Nov 02, 2009, 02:06 PM
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Aug 2006
2,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcheli101 View Post
i tried bob's to see if that last remaining yellow arf was still there...no luck.

i'm a heli guy and don't have any of the fundamental building tools for planes. So, i'd prefer to get my foot into the door via an arf. If anyone happens to have one they're not using......just let me know!

Thanks,

jeff
i would be happy to build a custom ssx for you.
jkarpy is offline Find More Posts by jkarpy
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 02, 2009, 03:52 PM
Joined Oct 2009
119 Posts
Email sent.
Old Nov 04, 2009, 02:17 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
I just ordered a kit from Millennium. I was going to buy from one of the vendors but it looked like you either ordered aN X Trainer or the straight wing kit and I havent decided which way Im going to build this one yet...

I also ordered the motor mount. motor combo and am wondering what motor this is??? kv etc.

We brought home a built, Scorpion 2215 - 22?(9xx kv) powered Millennium SS from the heli fun fly at Hodges weekend before last that I was admiring in a guys trailer . He had the trainer model with some dihedreal in the wing and straight wing plane and sold me the flat wing one. I havent flown any of my helis since bringing this home.lol

I bought a GWS slow stick kit from Macs store too while there and have been flying it since Sunday..I keep trying to use some left stick in turns but there is nothing there since there are no ailerons on the foam wing stick. A couple or 3 of those with lights would make for some fun night combat

Im liking the laid back, no pressure flying...it is just good old fasioned fun..looking forward to building the kit. I havent covered anything in 10 years but this shouldnt be too bad

Jimmy
jamesppp is offline Find More Posts by jamesppp
Last edited by jamesppp; Nov 05, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2009, 06:56 PM
Linwood NJ USA
Joined Oct 2004
1,164 Posts
When are the ARFS coming back ??? Been waiting awhile.
mori55 is online now Find More Posts by mori55
Old Nov 06, 2009, 09:23 AM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
Is it any problem to mount dual HS 55 aileron servos or similiar under the wing so that it is easier to rubber band the wing on across the top?
Thanks,
Jimmy
Last edited by jamesppp; Nov 06, 2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old Nov 06, 2009, 11:34 AM
Hodgehound # 3
Adrian, GA
Joined Mar 2005
4,441 Posts
It has been done, I can't rememeber who did it though. Maybe Tram?
You just need to make sure the servos will clear the fuselage when the wing is mounted.
_Lunchbox_ is offline Find More Posts by _Lunchbox_
Old Nov 06, 2009, 03:21 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Florence, Al
Joined Oct 2000
29,310 Posts
It's not a problem to mount them underneath, however, you do need to think about the placement.. I only ran one servo on the ailerons.. I used to have some pics of how I did it.. When I get to a computer I'll see of I can find them..
Tram is offline Find More Posts by Tram
Old Nov 06, 2009, 04:55 PM
YardGoat lives with mama
Joined Feb 2007
3,231 Posts
_Oz_ mounted 2 aileron servos under the wing. Atleast I think he did. Shoot him a PM.
Liquidity is offline Find More Posts by Liquidity
Old Nov 06, 2009, 07:34 PM
Georgia, USA
Joined Jan 2008
3,770 Posts
Thanks, I saw it mentioned when I read thru this thread, I just didnt pay too much attn at the time

my kit showed up today, thanks for getting it out quickly. I love USPS priority. I get it in 2 days if I order early wheather it is ffrom Oregon or Florida and they pick up at my wifes store everyday

Hodge Hound....did you come to the Heli Fun Fly weekend before last at Macks?

Me and my buddy came down on Friday and left after dark Sunday night. Did some night flying with Joey Fri night till midnight

I bought a Millennium SS from Pete, he had a an X trainer and the straight wing model in his trailer that i bought. It has a Scorpion 2215 200 w motor and flies great.

I tried to buy one from Joey's bosses trailer that is shown in the slide show on Milleniums web site. It was beautiful, red/blue/purple. I didnt work out a deal on that one

That leaves me with this kit. I had bought a GWS SS kit before the funfly and didnt build it till after I flew the Mill SS. I also picked up a spare GWS SS kit from Mack while at the FF. I decided to get a millennium kit also and build it with dihedral to have one of each but Im having second thoughts as the straightwing flies sooo good. I like the idea of having a little more laid back one though
Im not a great plane flyer and havent flown planes since 2000 when I quit for some reason. Ive been heavy into helis for the last 2 years.

What do you guys that have flown the dihedral wing think???Go with it or go with the staright wing on this one too?
Thanks,

Jimmy
Old Nov 07, 2009, 05:29 AM
It's gone...
Joined Aug 2004
5,130 Posts
Straight wing.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_
Old Nov 07, 2009, 05:30 AM
It's gone...
Joined Aug 2004
5,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
_Oz_ mounted 2 aileron servos under the wing. Atleast I think he did. Shoot him a PM.
I did, it was easy and made for a clean look.
_OZ_ is offline Find More Posts by _OZ_