Thanks areogel
aerogel is offline Find More Posts by aerogel
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 09, 2002, 11:40 AM
Dude, where's My Plane?
Green Lane PA USA
Joined Mar 2001
2,167 Posts
What type of motor are you trying to Tach? I have had sucess using the Frequency function of my $50 DMM to detect the motor speeds of brushed motors even with the capcitor in place. I suppose that would work fine for a brushless too as the Ac pulses are what dictates motor speed but I dont know how many pulses it takes to make 1 RPM of the motor, I suppose that is the nuber of turns of the motor ? I dont know, I have not tried it, Mostly because the Kv of a brushless motor tells you RPM per Volt and you can measure the Voltage easily.
JasonJ is offline Find More Posts by JasonJ
Old Jan 09, 2002, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the Fish!
Land of cajuns
Joined Dec 2001
1,066 Posts
mostly Brushless... I Wanted somthing Fast where I can just point and range for the fans Im working on plus it has to be lazer so I can just point it at the hub instead of looking through the blade's the fans are micro so strobes I dont think will work
Hmm, Ill try that on my Dmm And see what Comes up....

later areogel
aerogel is offline Find More Posts by aerogel