SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 20, 2014, 01:52 PM
My hovercraft is full of eels.
USA, TN, Gallatin
Joined Aug 2009
3,410 Posts
Your memory is correct! First time I saw the place I was like... "THIS??? Is Hobby-Lobby?" Their sales floor was a tiny room packed so tightly that there was no room to move with more than two people in there. A few years ago they moved up the hill to the larger half of the building and it's now more like what you would expect, or... it used to be until this new guy took over the place. Now, I don't know what they are trying to do but there's always a help wanted sign in the window.

Still
SD One. is offline Find More Posts by SD One.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 06, 2014, 12:25 AM
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,120 Posts
No more jets?
Bob Reynolds is offline Find More Posts by Bob Reynolds
Old May 06, 2014, 10:59 AM
Always Fly 2 Mistakes High!
Houston, Texas
Joined Mar 2010
3,646 Posts
Wow, they are gone...just one left...F86 that is overpriced.
RGS2010 is offline Find More Posts by RGS2010
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by RGS2010; May 06, 2014 at 11:39 AM.
Old May 11, 2014, 04:48 PM
SAM Elec GrdChmp04,07,10,12,14
Smithfield, Ky.
Joined Sep 2001
1,076 Posts
Did you all see this!

Hobby Express

Our local store building has been sold and we will be moving, but we don’t have the new location yet. Don’t worry, the online website www.hobbyexpress.com will continue to serve you while we get a new location.

We have to be out by the end of the month, drop by and see us to get some great deals and stock up on parts before May 31st at 5614 Franklin Pike Circle in Brentwood, TN before we close the store. The warehouse will continue to operate from Nashville, but we will not be able to take care of retail customers from there.

So, come by the local store to stock up on RC, flying season items or buy one of the beautiful built planes hanging in the store, Monday-Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 12pm-5pm till May 31st at Hobby Express, 5614 Franklin Pike Cir Brentwood, TN 37027.

The Hobby Express team will continue to be online and serve over 3 million visitors a year including everyone in Nashville www.hobbyexpress.com. Shop Hobby Express Online or Place Your Order BY Phone and take advantage of easy shipping and returns.

Sincerely your Hobby Express friends,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

President, Hobby Express
Jay Burkart is offline Find More Posts by Jay Burkart
Old May 12, 2014, 06:15 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,216 Posts
I thought the warehouse was connected to the sales building, in other words, there was one building. If we assume that is correct, how in the world can they still do mail order?

Things that make you say hmmmmmmm

update: Is see they say the warehouse is in Nashville. Is this new?
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
Old May 12, 2014, 07:44 PM
SAM Elec GrdChmp04,07,10,12,14
Smithfield, Ky.
Joined Sep 2001
1,076 Posts
NO, they had a second warehouse for quite a few years now.
Jay
Jay Burkart is offline Find More Posts by Jay Burkart
Old May 12, 2014, 08:40 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,216 Posts
Ahhh well that is good. Had me worried for a bit lol. Actually I can see this move then. Seems much better from business standpoint to have everything in one location .. assuming this is what they are going for of course. Hope they get it all worked out but I do miss the Hobby Lobby of old. With that said, if they are not selling enough to justify the business then change is what is needed. Guess we can't stop change regardless of if we personally like it or not.

Best of luch HL, hope you guys get it working perfect.
Old May 12, 2014, 08:47 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,216 Posts
I just popped over to their site again and saw they have the Miss 2 in stock. But there is an issue ... a 140 buck issue. There just isn't much wood in a Miss 2. What, like $25 worth? Laser cutting isn't that much these days particularly given there are not many parts in the kit to cut. Wasn't this kit like $40 before? Wow, sorry HL but you better work on the prices on some of your stuff or the change will be for nothing
Old May 17, 2014, 09:02 PM
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Feb 2001
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbyrne View Post
I just popped over to their site again and saw they have the Miss 2 in stock. But there is an issue ... a 140 buck issue. There just isn't much wood in a Miss 2. What, like $25 worth? Laser cutting isn't that much these days particularly given there are not many parts in the kit to cut. Wasn't this kit like $40 before? Wow, sorry HL but you better work on the prices on some of your stuff or the change will be for nothing
Agree that Hobby Express prices are outrageously too high. Looking to get the Mini Telemaster but 89.99? Why are prices so high?!
atsiang is online now Find More Posts by atsiang
Old May 17, 2014, 09:42 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,216 Posts
If they are reading this I'm sure they are saying we dont' know what we are talking about. Well I'm a control line pilot too and companies like Brodak are making some super nice kits with lots of hardware (top notch hardware) and laser cut parts too for less than 140 ... and for WAY more kit. Brodak is a US company and makes their kits in the US so they can't say that either. Plus their wood is super top notch.

I just don't get it. You listening Hobby Express?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 08:18 AM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
I needed a couple tubes of UHU Por glue and they had some. First time I have used them, so I gave them a try.

No issues ordering, or them getting my money, but they seemed to ignore any attempts at contact after that.

Sat on hold listening to music and/or ringing attempting to contact their sales/support. Never got an answer - gave up.

So I tried contacting them via their email. I have yet to receive a response.

I check the order status daily, and it has not changed a bit.

I will give them a couple more days and them raise the issue through paypal.

Will update if I hear from them, but at this time, not sure I will use them again.

Oh by the way, there web site says they will not be shipping until June 13 - today is June 17. I think this should be a red flag all by itself.

2014/06/17 - order is in same state - no reply to email. Will give two more days and then will enter a dispute with paypal.
helicow is offline Find More Posts by helicow
Last edited by helicow; Jun 17, 2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Provide status
Old Jun 18, 2014, 08:33 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,216 Posts
I think I recall that they were moving one of their building/sites. Maybe it is taking a bit longer or something. A note on the web site would be nice if that is the case. I'm still hoping for them but thus far it isn't looking good
Old Jun 19, 2014, 01:06 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
I finally got through around 10:30am EST. They seem to be having "moving pains".

The guy I talked to took my name and number and said he would have someone get back to me and apologized for the issues.

Will hang in there a little bit longer.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 09:03 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,216 Posts
Hoping this is all there is to it. I still have a soft spot for HL though this isn't the same company. Maybe I need to just get grips on that realization.
Old Jul 01, 2014, 03:40 PM
Gravity gets me down.
USA, FL, Brooksville
Joined Jan 2008
1,393 Posts
Just wanted to provide an update.

I did receive my package and I do believe it was just "moving" pains. I will keep these guys on list to buy from.