SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:16 PM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
ip address

hey robone thanx for the response

i have been through the instructions oh i dunno like 100 times i think where i am going wrong is with the ip address but i go to change it on my cisco router and then i run into probs when i change the ip addy it changes my network name to unknown from ys-x6-serial and then i can t get back in to change it
fish3man is offline Find More Posts by fish3man
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 08, 2012, 06:23 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,091 Posts
Hi Rob, yes I hit send a bunch of times becuase I know it does not always take on the first one....

I will try zeroing all the values.

I know this thing can fly well... I just have to find the problem.

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
Old Aug 09, 2012, 02:39 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
ZeroUAV,

There is firmware dated 20120802 in your website, what's changed to 20120723 version?
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:10 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3man View Post
hey robone thanx for the response

i have been through the instructions oh i dunno like 100 times i think where i am going wrong is with the ip address but i go to change it on my cisco router and then i run into probs when i change the ip addy it changes my network name to unknown from ys-x6-serial and then i can t get back in to change it
It is best to use a different Router to the one you use for your home/office network. Routers are cheap and you can get a TP-Link one for about $60

I never messed around with any IP addresses. Just changed the name to YS-X6-xxxxxxxx and changed the password and made sure the encryption method was set as per the manual
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:07 AM
Joined Aug 2012
23 Posts
hey robone

ok i have a new cisco router i bought for it and my encryption isnt the exact same as they ask for but it doesnt give me an option on my router to change it myself or offer the correct one to pick were you able to type in the encryption on your router ?or did it give the exact one in the list provided ?
fish3man is offline Find More Posts by fish3man
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:29 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish3man View Post
hey robone

ok i have a new cisco router i bought for it and my encryption isnt the exact same as they ask for but it doesnt give me an option on my router to change it myself or offer the correct one to pick were you able to type in the encryption on your router ?or did it give the exact one in the list provided ?
I am not familiar with setting up a Cisco system, but below is the encryption set up for my TP-Link TL-WR941ND and my Linksys wrt54GS

If you try and use any other encryption method, it won't work.

Rob
Old Aug 09, 2012, 12:39 PM
Valencia-Spain
Joined May 2009
56 Posts
Hello alls:

Another video, I flight my hexacopter with a tablet

Hexacopter + UAV YS-X6 Test flight with a tablet (3 min 23 sec)
jeanclaude is offline Find More Posts by jeanclaude
Old Aug 09, 2012, 03:44 PM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanclaude View Post
Hello alls:

Another video, I flight my hexacopter with a tablet
That looks good, but definitely not for me. Every time I play games on the tablet I crash, so I will stick to what I know

Rob
Old Aug 09, 2012, 08:09 PM
Joined Feb 2010
203 Posts
I'm also waiting to hear what's different about the new firmware. Can somebody on here please confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariY View Post
ZeroUAV,

There is firmware dated 20120802 in your website, what's changed to 20120723 version?
jdreitman is offline Find More Posts by jdreitman
Old Aug 09, 2012, 09:15 PM
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2008
33 Posts
Having problem how to install the iPhone/iPad app using MAC. I already restore my ipad to factory state and jailbreak it. but still could not get it to work. Anybody has successfully install it?

In the manual it says to find YSWifi.app but I simply could not find the file. do I need to rename the folder to YSWifi.app? because the downloaded file is in archived format and upon unarchiving, it a directory instead of a .app file.

Thank you in advance.
rotoblade is offline Find More Posts by rotoblade
Old Aug 10, 2012, 01:47 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotoblade View Post
Having problem how to install the iPhone/iPad app using MAC. I already restore my ipad to factory state and jailbreak it. but still could not get it to work. Anybody has successfully install it?

In the manual it says to find YSWifi.app but I simply could not find the file. do I need to rename the folder to YSWifi.app? because the downloaded file is in archived format and upon unarchiving, it a directory instead of a .app file.

Thank you in advance.
Yes rename it just like you described and upload to applications folder, restart iPhone and it should work.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:09 AM
Malaysia
Joined Nov 2008
33 Posts
Quote:
Yes rename it just like you described and upload to applications folder, restart iPhone and it should work.
I finally got it working.... using CyberDuck

Thanks KariY
rotoblade is offline Find More Posts by rotoblade
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:26 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
I'm also waiting to hear what's different about the new firmware. Can somebody on here please confirm?
Ok, new firmware adds Care Free function and low voltage yellow led warning.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 04:58 AM
Joined May 2012
124 Posts
New Firmare

Quote:
ZeroUAV,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdreitman View Post
Quote:
Ok, new firmware adds Care Free function and low voltage yellow led warning.
Yes,the "YS-X6-20120802-FirmwareV1.1-Enc" has released on Zero official website http://www.zerouav.net/

What is new?
*Carefree Function
*Yellow light to alert when voltage is low

Please download the latest firmware V1.1 from Zero UAV website or the first page of this thread to upgrade your YS-X6 online.
Zero UAV is offline Find More Posts by Zero UAV
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 10, 2012, 05:46 AM
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero UAV View Post
Yes,the "YS-X6-20120802-FirmwareV1.1-Enc" has released on Zero official website http://www.zerouav.net/

What is new?
*Carefree Function
*Yellow light to alert when voltage is low

Please download the latest firmware V1.1 from Zero UAV website or the first page of this thread to upgrade your YS-X6 online.
How does the Carefree function get activated?