SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 24, 2012, 12:08 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
326 Posts
Guess that was exciting! I had a F-16 do almost the same thing. Motor started surging then the plane surged skyward then nose dived at full throttle into the ground. Pilot never had a chance to eject. Found out it was the battery itself that was bad. Even though it showed a full charge on the charger it wasn't holding the charge. Took the battery out of the wreck, charged it up again and bench tested it on another plane. Motor would not get to full power and would die off rather quickly. You might be losing the signal to the Rx. Try another battery and test it on the ground first.
Looks like I wont try to maiden mine today. Winds came up and still taking care of my grandson. Maybe next week........................
Hawaiian Flyin is offline Find More Posts by Hawaiian Flyin
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:05 PM
Australia, QLD, Toowoomba
Joined Oct 2011
407 Posts
NB

A spokes person for BA has stated that there will be a new route from the UK to Toowoomba out back Australia using a Boeing 777-200

To accomplish this mission larger wheels have been fitted to the B777 to suit the outback runway conditions. The first flight will be a none revenue flight with only immediate crew on board and will be used as a 'shake down run'

An engineer from BA stated that an exiting under carriage was transferred from a A320 to save on development and build time that has already flow to and from the out back air strip with no issues with the UC, he later stated that if the UC held up on the B777 a new similar UC will be made specially for the B777-200

Mike
limodune is online now Find More Posts by limodune
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:42 PM
Joined Oct 2011
407 Posts
I have modified the hatch floor to suit the new location of the battery and wires, I cut a section out, sliced it and put it back with the hole at the back, then on the lid I placed a couple of blocks to stop movement of the battery

Mike
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:05 PM
Crash & Cry! Don't Fly
Australia
Joined Oct 2010
295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limodune View Post
Well done on the maiden, good to hear it can handle cross winds

I have been putting vinyl on mine this last week and the decals are almost done, I still have to do the nacelles, I will finish it off Saturday and maybe a flight on Sunday weather permitting

Mike
The vinyl works looks greate. what type of vinyl are you using and is there a thread to see how its applied to curved surfaces.
Raptorfly is offline Find More Posts by Raptorfly
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:16 PM
Joined Oct 2011
407 Posts
I got it from e-bay, search SIGN VINYL it comes in 14 or 24'' rolls, you buy 4 or 5 at a time.

Check the 737 thread, lots of info there in detail, you will need a heat gun to allow it to stretch, use the low heat setting and give 4-5 quick passes about a foot away, to much heat and it will make the foam rise, do a test piece first to get the hang of it, also start from the back so the seams are pointing backwards, I gave a 3mm over lap of the seams, I put mine on in 4 sections though I added extra panels around the nose area to make it cover well

Mike
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:57 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
326 Posts
Going to try and maiden mine tomorrow. Weather looks real good. Will take some video with my GoPro and post it if I figure out how. Take a good look. Might be the last time you see it in one piece! LOL
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:08 AM
Joined Oct 2011
407 Posts
H F

Good luck and take care, thats a nice looking plane, pic 2 with the white strip it looks for real

Mike
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:14 AM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
326 Posts
Thanks. Absolutely no wind at my house this morning. Hope it's the same down at the field. Going to drop my grandson off at school then head down to the field. Going to go for it!
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:16 PM
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Feb 2006
1,034 Posts
Good Luck HF!!
just stay cool man, it will be a success maiden
trexpilot is offline Find More Posts by trexpilot
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:31 PM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
326 Posts
FedEx has delivered it's packages. Got it airborne. Was a little twitchy on the ailerons and a little nose heavy but nothing too bad.Landings were pretty easy. Kept the flights short . about 3 1/2 minutes each. Checked the battery after and showed about 65% left so should be able to go for 5 minutes. Got some video but need to figure out how to post it here. May go again tomorrow depending on the soccer schedule. Thanks Ming! Cool plane. May need to get another one and do it as Hawaiian Air!
Thanks guys!
Last edited by Hawaiian Flyin; Nov 30, 2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:25 AM
Joined Oct 2011
407 Posts
HF well done on the maiden, try and get a vid posted, I will be taking out the B777 tomorrow for it's maiden, I have just charged up 6 batteries for the B777 and my A320 3 for each

Mike
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:41 AM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
326 Posts
Here's the link to the video on youtube. Video came out not too good. Need a better camera. .
Good luck on your flight. Wish i could go again but kid has soccer games so I'll be doing that. At least I know it flies!

Windrider 777 FedEX first flight (4 min 9 sec)
Last edited by Hawaiian Flyin; Dec 01, 2012 at 03:46 AM.
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, CT, Guilford
Joined Nov 2008
1,422 Posts
congrats on a great maiden! very nice video! heck of a flying field you have there. old full scale airport?

rob
rob737 is offline Find More Posts by rob737
Old Dec 01, 2012, 11:19 AM
Maui, Hawaii
Joined Dec 2007
326 Posts
Thanks. Think I'm gonna buy me a regular video camera for xmas. Then I can zoom in. Still need someone to shoot video while I fly.
Field is from WW2 days. Was used by the military back then. Winds can be pretty nasty there most of the time. I got lucky yesterday. Practically no wind at all.
See Mings offering free shipping on all planes! Nows the time to buy!!!!!
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:56 PM
Joined Oct 2011
407 Posts
I got to the field today with the B777 but things did not work out, I had 2 attempts at take off but it would not rotate, I then adjusted the elevator from 80 to 100% and on the third attempt after a long roll out it just started to rotate and then the complete strut came off the wing, on inspection there is no glue stuck to the plastic base but glue in the wing, it did not stick to well ----so no maiden today, one good thing I found out is I can get the plane into my Subaru Inpreza in 1 piece so that is a good thing, I will re glue the strut back onto the wing and try again Tuesday Wednesday weather permitting

Mike
Last edited by limodune; Dec 01, 2012 at 11:18 PM.