HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:10 AM
Registered User
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo View Post
Anyone flying this Maxamps batteries? Lifetime warranty sounds nice, since my Zippys died after a year, but intense use.
And 11000mah pack is 400g lighter than 2x Zippy 5800 pack.

http://www.maxamps.com/Lipo-11000-222-Pack.htm
$400 for one battery. I could buy close to 4 Turnigy's or Gens Ace etc. for that. Plus if/when one cell goes the whole pack is junk.

I guess I should order a bunch 6s lipos direct from the manufacture. They contact me to order direct or OEM them. I just never do because its hard to compete with Hobbypartz.com or hobbyking.com

That's my 2 cents
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:27 PM
Registered User
piscaj's Avatar
United States, MA, Boston
Joined Dec 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flytahiti View Post
how do you balance those thin props ? with tape ? sanding ? paint ?
I sanded close to the hub.
piscaj is offline Find More Posts by piscaj
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 04:47 PM
Registered User
Austria, Wien, Vienna
Joined May 2011
822 Posts
were are these redundant video with the s800 can't find them anymore !

hmm removed ;( just wanted to show it to some one !
BorisSA is offline Find More Posts by BorisSA
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 06:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
CASCARLOS,

Have you tried to spool up the motors without props on? How does it react? I think the LED is independent of the esc. I remember one other own had this problem. I am not sure it he solved his issue as well. You might run a search of this thread.
The led blink once When connect and disconnect battery. I tried spool motor, led do not work
CASCARLOS is offline Find More Posts by CASCARLOS
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:07 AM
Registered User
United States, CA, Anaheim
Joined Dec 2011
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways View Post
And this post is why I'm not afraid to fly my S800. Robert / DJIUSA will take care of you.
Yes he will
shdwkeeper is online now Find More Posts by shdwkeeper
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:53 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
WOW....that is crazy low Atti number.

It must come back to level very slow and lazy?? I usually keep mine around 100 because for video I want it smooth and slow. But with Z15 I guess it doesn't matter as much now.

I don't even adjust the gains on the WKM anymore.
Depends on the mode you fly. in GPS it is more nervous than in atti. At 100 setting I see a regular beat.
The more high frequency large changes to the ESC's the higher the temps. so That is the direction that I am working on. It's a reliability thing.
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Last edited by dennyrowland@mac; Sep 17, 2012 at 02:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:53 AM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2011
123 Posts
For those of you who like to crash their S800:

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...7&productname=
Hypam is offline Find More Posts by Hypam
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:39 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2005
238 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypam View Post
For those of you who like to crash their S800:

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...7&productname=
I didn't think it would take em long. I hope those internal wires are done with a little care and attention.

I had a nice windy day at the beach today so I took the Zen off the S800 to make it more lively and moved the battery to the center and decided to do some intensive set-up. Windy enough for the kite surfers and far too windy for my light quads. My low atti settings that I mentioned before would not hold the GPS position so they ended up at 130 before it would hold position. Main gain was at 240 240 100 140 and advanced was V.damp 140 dist.G 160
vert 120 120 Quite some way from what I was using and a little more in line with what some of you guys are using. I have to say the S800 is as good as any MK Okto that I have seen in a strong gusty wind. I am luvin it at the moment.
dennyrowland@mac is offline Find More Posts by dennyrowland@mac
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:28 AM
Registered User
Slovenia
Joined Feb 2011
848 Posts
do you have some video?
quadslo is offline Find More Posts by quadslo
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:34 AM
Registered User
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypam View Post
For those of you who like to crash their S800:

http://rctimer.com/index.php?gOo=goo...7&productname=
Link does not work on my end. What is it exactly?
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:38 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Link does not work on my end. What is it exactly?
Cloned S800 arm for $20.
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:41 AM
Registered User
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2011
249 Posts
I've got big vibes!

Going to look at the prop balance tomorrow to see if its causing the issue.

Also getting 2 white flashes every now and then which i think is due to the vibration

DJI S800 Second Flight - Attitude Test - DJI Wookong-M (3 min 34 sec)
Huddo is offline Find More Posts by Huddo
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
Registered User
Australia, New South Wales, St Leonards
Joined Aug 2009
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorisSA View Post
were are these redundant video with the s800 can't find them anymore !

hmm removed ;( just wanted to show it to some one !
anyone know why DJi remove the video?
piccoloflyer is offline Find More Posts by piccoloflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:33 PM
Z06 Tony's Avatar
United States, NY, Rochester
Joined Sep 2008
7,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huddo View Post
I've got big vibes!

Going to look at the prop balance tomorrow to see if its causing the issue.

Also getting 2 white flashes every now and then which i think is due to the vibration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYsWJa8ZjE
Did you balance the stock props before the video?
Z06 Tony is online now Find More Posts by Z06 Tony
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 17, 2012, 01:39 PM
Registered User
flytahiti's Avatar
PolynÚsie franšaise, ╬les du Vent, Papeete
Joined Mar 2010
519 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyrowland@mac View Post
I didn't think it would take em long. I hope those internal wires are done with a little care and attention.

I had a nice windy day at the beach today so I took the Zen off the S800 to make it more lively and moved the battery to the center and decided to do some intensive set-up. Windy enough for the kite surfers and far too windy for my light quads. My low atti settings that I mentioned before would not hold the GPS position so they ended up at 130 before it would hold position. Main gain was at 240 240 100 140 and advanced was V.damp 140 dist.G 160
vert 120 120 Quite some way from what I was using and a little more in line with what some of you guys are using. I have to say the S800 is as good as any MK Okto that I have seen in a strong gusty wind. I am luvin it at the moment.
have you tried those setting with the z15 on ? are the advanced setting same with z15?
flytahiti is online now Find More Posts by flytahiti
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion My DJI Spreading Wings S800 just came in the mail and I think I'm in trouble jasper7821 Multirotor Talk 219 Oct 16, 2012 06:11 PM
New Product DJI Spreading Wings S-800 Hexa multi-rotor sidneyw Multirotor Talk 930 Jun 22, 2012 11:14 AM
Discussion DJI Spread Wings S800 and Zenmuse Z15 prices are out! tpnitro Multirotor Talk 120 Jun 19, 2012 02:27 AM
Discussion DJI S800 Spreading Wings has landed at Quadcopters UK Headquarters QuadcoptersUk Multirotor Talk 8 May 14, 2012 02:27 PM
Discussion Dji Spreading Wings (S800) coming Huluhulu Multirotor Talk 7 Apr 27, 2012 04:11 AM