New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2015, 11:55 AM
Find More Posts by snafu87
Joined Jan 2015
7 Posts
Question
Minimosd reboots when I move camera gimbal

Hi Guys,

I finished wiring up my minimosd to my APM 2.6 this weekend, it boots and displays flight data over my video as expected. My issue is that if I move my camera gimbal servo (just a 5v servo and 3D printed gimbal) the video cuts out for a second and the minimosd reboots.

I'm currently powering my APM with power module, 4 40A turnigy Plush ESCs, GPS, Telemetry radio off of a 4S Zippy Compact 5000 25c battery. I read online that I should probably power the minimosd off of a separate 12v battery but i'm concerned about the added weight.

Which got me thinking, is it really necessary to have the minimosd onboard or at all? If the minimosd is just taking flight data before it is transmitted over the telemetry radio and overlaying that over my 5.8ghz video wouldn't it be possible to achieve the same functionality with the minimosd attached to my laptop with my telemetry receiver?

So I guess my questions are,

1. Can the minimosd be wired to a laptop and do the overlay from there?
2. Is it really necessary to have the minimosd at all? Since the flight data is already being received by mission planner in real time, couldn't I just overlay that data onto a video feed?

Sorry if this is already discussed somewhere, I searched but couldn't find anything similar.
snafu87 is offline Find More Posts by snafu87
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2015, 12:57 PM
Find More Posts by snafu87
Joined Jan 2015
7 Posts
Just found out Mission planner has this capability!
snafu87 is offline Find More Posts by snafu87