SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM
Find More Posts by CaptainElios
Flying to help
Joined Apr 2013
333 Posts
GPS Tracker

HI,

Because we can go very faraway only with DL, and we might lose the battery power, I want to use a personal GPS GSM tracker.

which one do you recommend based on field test and experience.

I saw this one http://www.goodluckbuy.com/tk102-gsm...s-tracker.html
CaptainElios is online now Find More Posts by CaptainElios
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM
Find More Posts by Vantasstic
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemaller View Post
It's a beautiful place. That's a lot of the reason I want to go long range here...there's so much to see!

So this morning's update:
I got out my RF Explorer and tried to do some sleuthing. I saw a few things. These observations were all made in micro power mode. And as a reminder, I am using a V2 receiver with the Nextgen 1280 firmware (not a Micro receiver).
  • I did switch over to using the PPM stream, and that works fine. I'm still powering the DragonLink from the PPM servo lead, though, so I could investigate powering it separately.
  • The GoPro has been exonerated...doesn't seem to make a lick of difference if it's on or off
  • I saw a small difference in the noise floor depending on what vTX frequency I use, so I picked one that was a little less noisy
  • I also tried powering off everything running on 12V (vTX, gimbal, FPV camera) and they didn't make a difference, either
  • I also tried putting on a random antenna on the DL RX and TX and testing, but the signal degraded badly in both cases, so my conclusion there is that my antennae are good

I went ahead and flew the same route as yesterday and did make it farther (3.2km!) but I guess my choice of video frequencies wasn't good, as I had a pretty bad brownout on the way back (2-3km were dark!). I did make it back just fine (thank goodness for a well-configured NAZA-M V2) after the video and DL came back to life about 2km out.

So I'm left with the possibility that maybe the problem is with my Dragonlink transmitter, which is the only thing I don't have the ability to swap out.

Any thoughts? I guess I have to just send it all in to Mike and have him work his magic. Sigh.

EDIT: here's a video showing what happened today!

https://vimeo.com/127083449
My thoughts...both your control and video were twitching in and out together. That makes me think there's something 'external' going on...like strong rf swamping your signal from somewhere. Where? Don't know...perhaps underwater alien spying post or something. Just to see the FS glitch with the camera tilt down and with the video blacking out at the same time...curious...but I'd almost guess not just DL issue.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
Old Today, 12:13 AM
Find More Posts by IamtheWalrus
Australia, NSW, Moss Vale
Joined Jun 2013
343 Posts
Could it possibly be a supply voltage issue? Perhaps after the battery voltage sags to a particular voltage, any on board regulation may be suffering a brown out? Just my two cents.
IamtheWalrus is online now Find More Posts by IamtheWalrus
Old Today, 02:08 AM
Find More Posts by suxi
Open Source It!
Joined May 2013
218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainElios View Post
HI,

Because we can go very faraway only with DL, and we might lose the battery power, I want to use a personal GPS GSM tracker.

which one do you recommend based on field test and experience.

I saw this one http://www.goodluckbuy.com/tk102-gsm...s-tracker.html
I am using that one and it already helped me once to recover my plane 25 km out. If weight is an issue you can even take the pcb out of the heavy case. Then you just need to make sure that the battery will stay connected after a crash. I wrapped my construction into thick velcro. Also take under consideration that it needs a mobile phone network as well as a GPS fix in order to work. Both can be tricky if the tracker comes to rest upside down under the plane, a tree, etc.

Best...

suxi
suxi is online now Find More Posts by suxi
Old Today, 02:36 AM
Find More Posts by tritan
Joined Apr 2007
1,896 Posts
Same but for $20?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPY-Vehicle-...item58be4d7738
tritan is online now Find More Posts by tritan
Old Today, 02:51 AM
Find More Posts by eyber
Joined May 2014
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
The calibration procedure has changed... Go into the Micro RX computer program, and follow the instructions there. That's it, nothing more required. It only takes 45 seconds, assure that you see the CALIBRATION SUCCESSFUL message at the end of the process.

I do not understand your PPM question... But what I can tell you, PPM output is channel 7 of the micro RX by default. Connect that to the PPM input of the NAZA V2.

Do not worry about posting questions here, as anything you need. There are a lot of people here that are happy to help new people like you !!! That is what this place is for

Mike
Hi again mike. so sorry bad english ... I have a problem.. I loaded drivers on my computer. Then I runned DragonLinkUpdaterV1 exe. I updated tx . Then I updated rx for DragonLinkFirmwareUpdate exe. Because dragonlink updaterv1 not update rx. Anyway, Then change Id on grey led. Then I done binding on yellow led tx with rx but blinking blue not always led blue.. Then I run DragonLink_Config_V1_9 exe and I run advance calibrate but calibration failed. Blinking blue led on rx not always blue. Helpp please.. What problem on my procedure... Calibration failed and blinking blue
eyber is online now Find More Posts by eyber
Old Today, 03:22 AM
Find More Posts by hawaiitaco
Joined Dec 2010
424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
I am getting the USB updaters TODAY

I will be putting them on the website www.FPVPro.com tonight !!!

You can not use the ones available off ebay, as there are many cheap and fake ones that do not work properly. Also, they need the RESET pin, which they do not have. If it were such an easy solution, I would just buy 1000 of them from china and sell them on my website, and not be bothered with making them ourselves....

Mike

so I checked this evening and its still out.
hawaiitaco is online now Find More Posts by hawaiitaco
Old Today, 04:03 AM
Find More Posts by eyber
Joined May 2014
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyber View Post
Hi again mike. so sorry bad english ... I have a problem.. I loaded drivers on my computer. Then I runned DragonLinkUpdaterV1 exe. I updated tx . Then I updated rx for DragonLinkFirmwareUpdate exe. Because dragonlink updaterv1 not update rx. Anyway, Then change Id on grey led. Then I done binding on yellow led tx with rx but blinking blue not always led blue.. Then I run DragonLink_Config_V1_9 exe and I run advance calibrate but calibration failed. Blinking blue led on rx not always blue. Helpp please.. What problem on my procedure... Calibration failed and blinking blue
I selected Tx_V11_1280MHz_optimized_v2 and binding okey and calibration okey. But normal TxDLNGFW27May2014-11 update is binding and calibration problem. Is it okey 1280 optimized..
eyber is online now Find More Posts by eyber