Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 04, 2014, 12:45 AM
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
Discussion
My Scratchbuilt Foamie Collection

Hey guys, after a 2 year break from RC, I decided to come back. It first started with a DX6i and a AS3Xtra in Feb 2014. Ive slowly jumped back in, with the last month being the most active for me in years.

A little background:

Started flying when I was 13. I am now 20. In the past, I flew mostly ARFs. My favorites would have been the MUS, Slow Stick and Eflight P47.

Since coming back I have really enjoyed building from scratch. Dollar Tree foam board is like gold to me. Ive always got 20-30 sheets on hand. My planes are mostly my designs, with the exception of a few FliteTest planes. Those guys are very entertaining, and do a great job expanding the Dollar Tree scratchbuilding world.

I am currently using the new Spektrum DX6. Simulator time is spent on RealFlight 7. I have also gotten into copters, but I'll keep that out of this forum.

My techniques have been learned over the last 3-4 years both from ExperimentalAir and FliteTest. Both have really great techniques, and I have combined many of their techniques in my building.

Instead of me creating a individual thread for each plane I'm building/built, I figured I would just start combining them all in one thread. Should keep the forums clutter free.

The few planes I am running with right now are:

30" flying combat wing
FliteTest Bloody Wonder
22" Yak54 3D using the electronics out of the UMX Beast.

Anything that I dont specify a designer name, can be assume its drawn by me. Im still learning to use AutoCad, so be patient if anyone wants plans. Most of these are drawn on the foamboard prior to cutting, with a note pad, calculator and a straight edge.

The wing and Yak54 fly great. The Bloody Wonder was loaded with a much to heavy power set up. It flys, but not how I want it. That will change soon.

Im also working on a 60" Ultra Stick style plane. Most likely a 40E size motor. The wing was build tonight. The wing itself if 3 sheets of Dollar Tree foamboard full airfoil. The picture is shown behind my Blade 500X to reference the size.
MinnesotaFoamie is offline Find More Posts by MinnesotaFoamie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2014, 02:34 PM
Trapped in California
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2003
1,853 Posts
Welcome back!
foamflyer is online now Find More Posts by foamflyer
Old Jul 20, 2014, 03:23 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,444 Posts
Another welcome back! While it can be fun reading to group all your planes in a single thread, that's not generally how this forum is set up. Folks are generally looking forcl a specific plane or type, so search for that. Searches work better with separate threads, and one can go into more detail when they create a plane specific thread. Most guys use their blog to list all their planes and post links to the build threads. Obviously you can do whatever you want, it's all about scratchbuilding!
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member