HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2014, 11:25 AM
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
New Product
Custom your TBS Discovery like a Discovery Pro

Hi all,

I have a TBS Discovery for some time now, very good quad.

But when I saw arriving Discovery Pro I said I want it!
I almost had a heart attack.
So I decided to custom mine.

I had to make a well-considered simple and removable system.

So I bought a cheap gimbal for testing, this:

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/2-axis-go...tography-.html

Here is my first test, I posted there some time.

Nacelle Brushless Gimbal on TBS Discovery Gopro 3 (6 min 6 sec)

Considering the quality of the nacelle (plug & play), I decided to keep it and modify it to TBS.

I wanted to have a system in line with the Discovery, so I got started in the measurement and design to allow this.

I removed the unnecessary things.

Then I printed my adaptation in 3d printing.

The advantage of this system, I unscrew a screw and two cables unplugged, gimbal power supply and servo wire gimbal, and I can remove the gimbal to go for a real FPV flight.
That the Discovery Pro does not allow, because the gimbal is unremovable.

I am very satisfied of results.

The first flight with this custom

Like a TBS Discovery Pro "Ballade au col des Aravis" 16:9 (5 min 56 sec)

You can find the parts available directly on the Shapeways site at the following address :

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/polakshop

Enjoy ! This shape is perfect for the gimbal like a discovery pro ! And certainly less expensive!

Thank you for reading

Polak
polak74 is offline Find More Posts by polak74
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:01 AM
Joined Jan 2013
125 Posts
Thanks, I have the same gimbal in three axis with the EvvGC board. I am modding another for my Disco clone. You solution is very elegant.
NoRcExperience is offline Find More Posts by NoRcExperience