Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 16, 2014, 02:39 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
Thats why I will be getting a new one. Much better deal.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 16, 2014, 04:46 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2013
83 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Headspeed View Post
These particular lights need a separate power source as they require 12V @ ~ 2A to operate properly which would tend to overwhelm the vehicle's routine drive and control power system.

A condition which those who attempt to pedal such rigs off as RTR deserve to find themselves.
I just plug them in for show..
bug1 is offline Find More Posts by bug1
Old May 11, 2014, 09:21 AM
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
What ESC

Hi,
I am a newb to Trucks but not to RC.
I just received on Friday a Wraith that I bought used here on RC Groups. The truck ran fine for the first battery and smoked the Timbuk2 ESC two minutes into my second battery. I have not taken it out of my totally flat 60' square back yard.

I assume the motor is fine as the only thing that smells fried is the ESC.

What ESC should I buy?
I bought this mainly for FPV, but I didn't want to get stuck is the reason I bought a crawler. I do want to be able to climb a hill if there happens to be one there.
Please advise.
Terry
teb1963 is offline Find More Posts by teb1963
Old May 12, 2014, 09:11 AM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
What motor is in the Wraith and what battery were you using?
Paul Onorato is offline Find More Posts by Paul Onorato
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A little about me.
Old May 12, 2014, 04:53 PM
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Oct 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Onorato View Post
What motor is in the Wraith and what battery were you using?
I have the Timbuk2 Wraith Edition with the 13.5 motor.

http://www.teamnovak.com/products/es...esc/index.html

2S 5000 mah. battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by teb1963 View Post
Hi,
I am a newb to Trucks but not to RC.
I just received on Friday a Wraith that I bought used here on RC Groups. The truck ran fine for the first battery and smoked the Timbuk2 ESC two minutes into my second battery. I have not taken it out of my totally flat 60' square back yard.

I assume the motor is fine as the only thing that smells fried is the ESC.

What ESC should I buy?
I bought this mainly for FPV, but I didn't want to get stuck is the reason I bought a crawler. I do want to be able to climb a hill if there happens to be one there.
Please advise.
Terry
It appears its only the BEC that smoked. The one that is in there is melted and hopefully it is only thing fried and not the ESC. I quickly powered up the rig with a new BEC that I had kickin around and everything appears normal.

Thanks for the reply, i will advise if I still need an ESC when I get it all back together.
Terry
teb1963 is offline Find More Posts by teb1963
Old May 12, 2014, 06:42 PM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
Good news and have fun.
Paul Onorato is offline Find More Posts by Paul Onorato
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: A little about me.
Old Jun 09, 2014, 08:46 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2013
83 Posts
Hi,
Does any one know if there is a larger gear box for the axial? Some one told me too cut off part of the motor too fit it in , I want to find a proper cover.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 07:09 AM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2013
83 Posts
Old Jun 15, 2014, 08:11 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
I just ran my Wraith Poison Spyder today for the first time and it was a hoot! Nice compromise of speed and torque. I think it is fast enough for the chassis, it's no buggy. Lots of fun in my wooded back yard and I just love the way it looks scale as it rolls around. I don't think it has quite the capability of my Maxstone, but it's not far behind. Limitations are about half the articulation, I honestly was suprised how little there was, but it still works fine. The gearing and motor is much more for speed than the Maxstone, so it's it much easier to drive slow over difficult sections. The Wraith really needs to be geared down for better crawling, but it would be a shame to lose that speed. It really is a great all around car for adults. Very happy with it. After one run I did the bearing mod on the steering servo. Good thing I did cause the horn screw was loose and about to fall out. No thread lock was on it. I also don't like the plastic steering links as they are very flexy but I'm not sure how much difference I'm really going to feel with metal ones. Just used to having them stock on my cheap Chinese crawlers. These plastic ones kinda act like a servo saver!
Old Jun 19, 2014, 09:11 AM
"EMAXX!"
United States, AL, Thorsby
Joined Apr 2014
137 Posts
Here is a pic of my beloved wraith. Im sold on axial. I LOVE this thing!

tmoon is offline Find More Posts by tmoon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 20, 2014, 10:49 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Nov 2013
83 Posts
I cant believe how popular this thing is and there is no cover too fit the Traxxas motor. There is tons of parts and theirs nothing for that.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 12:50 PM
"EMAXX!"
Joined Apr 2014
137 Posts
Which traxxas motor?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2014, 08:41 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
I just installed a Hot Racing steering link on my Wraith RTR, it was the only thing I didn't like. Haven't run it yet but I don't expect to notice much of a difference. Was only $12 on ebay, don't know why the other brands cost so much more. It flops around a lot less than the stock one and just looks better too. I was about to throw it out, but does anyone want my stock plastic steering link? Just the 2 links and the balls, no screws except the one that holds the 2 parts together. Just pay me $3 for shipping and packing. PM if you want it.
Last edited by shahram72; Jun 21, 2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 09:49 PM
"EMAXX!"
Joined Apr 2014
137 Posts
I have strc on mine along with the strc carriers and hubs
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 21, 2014, 09:56 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
I'll do other upgrades if I break something. It's all probably pretty durable for a casual user like myself. I find myself wishing it had a 2 speed transmission so I had the best of both worlds. The speed and better low speed control and torque. if you need a bit more power it jumps too easy and that's not very scale. I'm all about the scale aspect.