FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,124 Posts
Discussion
Wildrc IFO

Just got my kit for T-IFO..
rather disappointed:
-no decal in kit, but web page shows plane with decals..
- no mention on web site of no decals in kit..
- instructions show how to mount a geared notor but not a brushless motor.
they even sell a brushless motor on their web site
- also no parts supplied in kit to mount brushless motor..
- no phone number on their support page
- no email address on their support page
- guess they do not want to be bothered with support questions

so does anyone else have a solution to mount brushless motor(6mm) on the IFI?

thanks..
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:10 PM
United States, OH, Strongsville
Joined Nov 2000
2,696 Posts
I do not know if it is the same model as you are using or not, but this review has some pics.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777098
Vince Herman is offline Find More Posts by Vince Herman
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:59 PM
Sopwith Camel's Cousin
Between my tx and crashed aircraft
Joined Mar 2006
3,791 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Herman View Post
I do not know if it is the same model as you are using or not, but this review has some pics.
A general large thread on the IFO where you could try asking questions, etc.:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262563
flying-llama is offline Find More Posts by flying-llama
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:41 AM
FPV'r
Joined May 2011
1,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
A general large thread on the IFO where you could try asking questions, etc.:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262563
I have tried that thread but it is pretty dead...
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:50 AM
FPV'r
Joined May 2011
1,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Herman View Post
ok thanks that is good and the kit they bought is complete and comes with motor..picture show "IFO" label but that does not come with kit..
they tell you at end of review..
"Note the IFO decal is not a part of the kit."
should say on their web site !!! before you buy...
yes only way to buy it is buy full kit with motor etc but I got it without motor because they charged extra $36 for motor,esc,prop

still do not like the lack of support on their web site...not a good sign
Old Feb 03, 2013, 02:08 PM
FPV'r
Joined May 2011
1,124 Posts
I think the assy instructions and plans are all out of sync..
the description on web site refers to " •Transmitter with Elevon Mixing "
but there is NO mention of this in plans or assy instructions:
Looks like do not build with rudder control but build with Elevon control instead.
Old Feb 03, 2013, 07:59 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,762 Posts
Just curious. Have you ever built an RC model before? I'm not talking about an ARF. Not every kit is designed to hold a builders hand all the way through the build process. There is a multitude of RC gear on the market and there is no way a designer can address all the various combinations that are out there. A general knowledge of motor install, gear install or radio setup may be needed with some aircraft. Sometimes as builders we need to step up and make decisions for ourselves on what gear we want to use and how to install it.
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
Old Feb 03, 2013, 08:30 PM
FPV'r
Joined May 2011
1,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eliworm View Post
Just curious. Have you ever built an RC model before? I'm not talking about an ARF. Not every kit is designed to hold a builders hand all the way through the build process. There is a multitude of RC gear on the market and there is no way a designer can address all the various combinations that are out there. A general knowledge of motor install, gear install or radio setup may be needed with some aircraft. Sometimes as builders we need to step up and make decisions for ourselves on what gear we want to use and how to install it.
yes thank you, I have been in RC for over 50 years but that is not the point, if the assy instructions and plans are not correct than why waste my time and his time and money creating them. I have paid for plans, material and instructions...then he should deliver them. But this is so typical rcgroups, if you say something bad, attack the author.. even though forum etiquette says attack the subject and not the author...
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:27 PM
You sabotaged my plane.
Arizona
Joined Jun 2002
2,762 Posts
I'm not trying to attack you, I'm just stating the facts. Remember 50 years ago when you would get a set of plans and a stack of wood? We had to deicide what we would have to do to make a flyable model with the equipment/tools and skill we had. I have assembled an IFO as well and you are right, they are not perfect, but very doable. Come to think of it, I don't know of any plan, kit or arf that I have ever built that didn't have something that I didn't like or wanted to change. It's impossible for a designer to cover everyone. Some just do it better than others.
eliworm is offline Find More Posts by eliworm
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:44 AM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,444 Posts
I have seen some people modify the ifo to have a rudder, and even some that did 2 wings in an X shape with 4 elevons. On the stock ifo i wouldn't bother to add the rudder, there isnt much side profile to make it worth the effort to do it.
derk is online now Find More Posts by derk
Old Feb 04, 2013, 12:01 PM
FPV'r
Joined May 2011
1,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derk View Post
I have seen some people modify the ifo to have a rudder, and even some that did 2 wings in an X shape with 4 elevons. On the stock ifo i wouldn't bother to add the rudder, there isnt much side profile to make it worth the effort to do it.
thanks, i am going to use elevons, but never thought about no rudder...guys in a club near by have a fixed/removable rudder.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 06:50 PM
TheyreComingToTakeMeAway!
USA, ID, Coeur D'Alene
Joined Dec 2003
5,444 Posts
just to clarify, i mean i wouldn't add rudder control. the surface is still going to be needed for stable flying
derk is online now Find More Posts by derk
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:50 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
7,729 Posts
The IFO is an antique, one of the first every fully acrobatic indoor planes. The Trainer version you bought is designed to have an all flying rudder in addition to elevons. You can mount a brushless motor several ways, probably the easiest is you use a stick mount and a larger size stick, there are a bunch of them available. If you specify the motor you have someone will probably be able to help.

For some ideas you might want to search on user davereap in the foamy scratch build forum, he's done a ton of rip stop nylon versions using all different power plants.

You must have missed their email address, it's on their contact page. Dan has always been responsive in the past.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Feb 07, 2013, 04:32 PM
FPV'r
Joined May 2011
1,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr View Post
The IFO is an antique, one of the first every fully acrobatic indoor planes. The Trainer version you bought is designed to have an all flying rudder in addition to elevons. You can mount a brushless motor several ways, probably the easiest is you use a stick mount and a larger size stick, there are a bunch of them available. If you specify the motor you have someone will probably be able to help.

For some ideas you might want to search on user davereap in the foamy scratch build forum, he's done a ton of rip stop nylon versions using all different power plants.

You must have missed their email address, it's on their contact page. Dan has always been responsive in the past.

Azarr
ok thanks, but i guess I am blind..I do not see how to get from their home page to the "contact us" page. I do not see it under the "support menu".
I got motor mount solved. I put it in a 6mm*25mm pipe and tiewrap pipe to frame.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 02:16 PM
Pro Bro #1963
Joined Mar 2004
638 Posts
I built an IFO many years ago......I didn't have any problems or issues. Sounds like your feelings are hurt because you didn't get a decal!!!! I liked mine.
flygilmore is online now Find More Posts by flygilmore