So ... should we end the war on drugs?

These three don't think so.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Aug 19, 2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the Fish!
Land of cajuns
Joined Dec 2001
1,066 Posts
No but I do believe we should have a "War On Hot Women" so they can be found on ever street corner
aerogel is offline Find More Posts by aerogel
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:17 PM
Dolores, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
1,581 Posts
aerogel you are right on this one.
To many countries have been ruined by the war on drugs, in South and Central America, its our adiction, that causes it.
As long as we can not solve the domestic problems, we will continue ruining our neighbors.
Schrott is offline Find More Posts by Schrott
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:31 PM
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
United States, LA, Monroe
Joined Mar 2003
5,541 Posts
I don't have a problem with it if you include one item. If someone sells drugs to your child or any child you know, either under age or mentally challenged, you have the right to kill them on the spot with no recourse against you in legal or civil trial.

I don't say this as a joke or lightly and I think this should also apply to child predators.
LcJ is online now Find More Posts by LcJ
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:41 PM
AustinTatious
Hurst, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,945 Posts
do you demand the same for alcohol?
AustinTatious is offline Find More Posts by AustinTatious
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:50 PM
whiirrrrrr
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Nov 2011
785 Posts
Yes it should be ended. People say regulate and tax it. Look at prescription opiate addiction. Didn't work very well there. Weed should be legal, no question. Heroin is already legal in prescription form. I don't like coke, nothing good can come from it. Idk what the answer is, but the war on drugs isn't working, it's a massive waste of money. On the other hand, complete legalization isn't the right answer either.
srt8madness is online now Find More Posts by srt8madness
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:13 PM
Who, ME?
Euclid Ohio
Joined May 2005
290 Posts
Not just money, it's a waste of life, too. So much violence is drug related...especially gun violence.
dll932 is online now Find More Posts by dll932
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:59 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
I don't have a problem with it if you include one item. If someone sells drugs to your child or any child you know, either under age or mentally challenged, you have the right to kill them on the spot with no recourse against you in legal or civil trial.

I don't say this as a joke or lightly and I think this should also apply to child predators.
Lyle there's a big fat book that a lot of folks really dig and take inspiriration from!

One of the passages in it contains the 'instruction' THOU SHALT NOT KILL
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Aug 20, 2012, 02:12 AM
Like a Boss
Canada, BC, Whistler
Joined Jun 2006
2,130 Posts
should we end the war on drugs?

Absolutely, I'm all for it, all drugs. One of the only a few issues i and my libertarian friends can agree on.
Heliman420 is offline Find More Posts by Heliman420
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:32 AM
Official Old Git!
Hampshire, UK
Joined Sep 2000
1,383 Posts
So you guys believe that making addiction and dependency easier would save money, lives etc?

I don't like drugs, believe it's an excuse for weak minded people to escape reality - which doesn't work - but don't know what the answer is.

I'm just wondering how making it more available and 'presuming' people will be more responsible (when they have already proven they are irresponsible by getting addicted in the first place) will reduce all the problems that the 'war on drugs' was trying to prevent.

A tricky problem..
Norman Adlam is offline Find More Posts by Norman Adlam
Old Aug 20, 2012, 03:59 AM
Omnipote
Louisville, KY
Joined Apr 2001
665 Posts
You do understand that the rest of the world considers the British to be alcoholics - don't you?

Alcohol is the most common way to escape reality.

The level of alcohol consumption in Britain is considered irresponsible and an addiction by the rest of the world's standards.
stone_axe is offline Find More Posts by stone_axe
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:11 AM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_axe View Post
You do understand that the rest of the world considers the British to be alcoholics - don't you?

The level of alcohol consumption in Britain is considered irresponsible and an addiction by the rest of the world's standards.
Really? It seems about average for Europe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ol_consumption
Dusty1000 is offline Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Aug 20, 2012, 05:56 AM
Santo, Tx. La Tierra de Dios
Joined Nov 2005
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone_axe View Post

First time I've ever heard that.
Whizz is online now Find More Posts by Whizz
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:06 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcj View Post
i don't have a problem with it if you include one item. If someone sells drugs to your child or any child you know, either under age or mentally challenged, you have the right to kill them on the spot with no recourse against you in legal or civil trial.

I don't say this as a joke or lightly and i think this should also apply to child predators.
wwjd?
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Aug 20, 2012, 06:07 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,199 Posts
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp