HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 08, 2012, 12:22 PM
I know nothing about RC
United States, NY, Northport
Joined Jul 2012
5 Posts
Discussion
What do you guys do with your Old RC Toys?

Hello Everyone This is my first time posting here. I was curious what do any of you guys do if you find any unused Radio Shack 4x4's that does not now have the transmitter? In addition I have a Tyco RC Hovercraft with a Transmitter. They look great and used to run great. I have got new NiCD packs and they turn on and lights and the hovercraft rises. I just have no way to control and handle them all. I know you can tell by the nature of this question that I am definite noob to RC. I only have been flying a Blade micro quad copter. If anyone can please offer any suggestions on how I can enjoy these toys again. Please let me know and I Thank You Very Much in advance.
Sherlock221B is offline Find More Posts by Sherlock221B
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2012, 11:42 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,372 Posts
If you want to put in the money and effort, you could probably retrofit them with industry-standard components (ESCs, radios, servos). You'd end up with vehicles that are better than they were when they were brand-new.

Other than that, they're mostly just paperweights. You might be able to find original transmitters for them on eBay or something, but I doubt there's much of a supply out there.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Aug 17, 2012, 02:29 AM View Post
barry3065
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting. Show it to me anyway.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 03:28 PM
Queens, NY and sometimes Orlando, FL
Joined Sep 2003
329 Posts
EBay or Craigslist I say

Store brand R/C's just aren't worth keeping, but there always folks out there looking to either kit bash for scale hobby projects and even some that want to relive a childhood experience

That's the way I felt about this inflatable Radio Shack robot lol

I remember begging my dad for one when I was 3 years old

30 years later, I picked this one up off of EBay and had my fun with it, but soon realized the party was short lived, so back on sale it goes lol

Intergalactic Tandy Bot (3 min 38 sec)

http://orlando.craigslist.org/tag/3294946213.html
98 SNAKE EATER is offline Find More Posts by 98 SNAKE EATER
Old Jun 12, 2014, 07:17 AM
Joe_Crash
United States, MD, Gaithersburg
Joined Oct 2010
423 Posts
I usually try to sell it, at a steep discount from what I paid. I had some ... guy ... try to lowball me, one offer after the other, about 3 or 4 times before I sent an email, breaking down the price of of each component, leading to what I was asking, and that I was losing $$ on the deal. His reply? "Yeah, but YOU didn't pay that!" in such a manner that was totally condescending. He was promptly blocked from sending me mail.
That reminds me, I have most of the parts of a Trex 450 to list today!
joe_crash is offline Find More Posts by joe_crash
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:34 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,528 Posts
My kids had these great cars that had rear axles on a swivel and drove like a tank and they would flip and spin and do all kinds of tricks. Very fun on the tile floor. Then my little girl put it on the table and left there powered on while she tried to drive another car also on 27Mhz. It drove off the table and broke. Of course it went in the trash. Shame, it was a very fun toy for them. Would like to find another one.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72