HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 16, 2014, 01:09 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,720 Posts
Making the tyres is easy, i don't have any here to do a step by step but i got the idea from this old magazine it is a good article & works very well, me & my mate have been running modded hpi baja front tyres on the rear of the MM's for the last few months & they have not one hole in the tyre especially in the sidewall area where the stock tyres were useless & the tread is showing very little wear for it's use, i also made a block tyre from a baja dirt buster rear tyre that i have not used yet, you have to use 2 baja tyres to make 1 MM tyre as the baja tyres have a larger diameter bead & a smaller sidewall on 1 side than the other, you have to use the 2 larger sides with the smaller sidewall from 2 tyres & glue them together, the beadlock on the Hpi tyres is not a continuous bead it is like lugs & you just have to fit the insert & glue the beadlock lugs to the centre ring just to hold them in place for the wheel shell to push into, it may seem like an expensive tyre at first but the way my tyre is wearing i won't need a tyre for a long time so it would actually work out cheaper than buying multiple stock tyres in the long run.
Throttlejunkie is offline Find More Posts by Throttlejunkie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 16, 2014, 02:46 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlejunkie View Post
Nice mate, the wheelie back flip was cool shame it wasn't closer to the camera it would have looked good in close up slo mo, the SR4 tyre as an insert is a good idea to get away from using the inserts & would last a lot longer than those cr@p Atomik inserts
Thanks mate, it was a shame I couldn't pull the flip closer . Hopefully the SR4 tyre as an insert will last a while, I might get a Himoto one to try also.
chktm is offline Find More Posts by chktm
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2014, 02:52 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Must have missed the zip tie suggestion. Dang the back of Deegan is tore up wow.
Lol, looks like he's been chewed by the dog . I've been meaning to fill it in with shoe goo and paint it, one day meanwhile he's on a diet . I've just used a smaller zip tie around the bigger one up close to the neck to stop it coming off in a crash. You can slide it down to remove the body and rider.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2014, 02:56 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopDave View Post
Duh,! of couse I think it's a great idea! My fully hacked out riders are (all three) holding up very well to all the abuse too, of which I really surprised!! I think tucking their heads down like that helps prevent the de capitations for sure!
Hey Dave, good to hear you're still having fun and all is well .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2014, 09:28 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,720 Posts
Me & my mate having some fun the other day with the MM's, my bike has more power but you can see the extra stability his bike has running the light Phantom weight on his flywheel it takes away that bit of front wheel wobble which is good as it is making him ride better & gives me more competition he just needs a bit more throttle control to stop the wheelies.
MM450 Dirt Bikes (6 min 51 sec)
Old Jul 16, 2014, 05:09 PM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Me & my mate having some fun the other day with the MM's, my bike has more power but you can see the extra stability his bike has running the light Phantom weight on his flywheel it takes away that bit of front wheel wobble which is good as it is making him ride better & gives me more competition he just needs a bit more throttle control to stop the wheelies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3EzYq0RnPs
Nice vid again mate , I lol at some of the crashes, great stuff. Your mate is getting better all the time which must be fun racing with him now . The footage is a lot clearer with some cloud cover making no shadows, nice. Its funny, it looked like you two started out smooth and controlled and as the racing went on started hammering it more and more to beat each other lol .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2014, 05:45 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,735 Posts
Amazing how overcast clouds can make the video soooo much better with the lighting. Great battling TJ. Great stuff!
JohnnyMc is offline Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:35 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
Nice vid again mate , I lol at some of the crashes, great stuff. Your mate is getting better all the time which must be fun racing with him now . The footage is a lot clearer with some cloud cover making no shadows, nice. Its funny, it looked like you two started out smooth and controlled and as the racing went on started hammering it more and more to beat each other lol .
Cheers mate, the crashes are funny, i lol when my mate bumped me off the track & i cartwheeled through the trees & disappeared lol
He is getting better he just needs more practice on throttle control to keep the front down but the problem is he likes doing wheelies lol, i try to keep the front down when it wants to lift but he will keep it going to see how far he can go lol, hopefully one day we will be as good as each other & really be able to do some fast consistent laps.
Lol, that's exactly how it was, the red mist gets thicker as we race
It is amazing how much better the footage is with the cloud i thought it would be worse.
Old Jul 16, 2014, 08:48 PM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMc View Post
Amazing how overcast clouds can make the video soooo much better with the lighting. Great battling TJ. Great stuff!
Thanks mate, i was surprised how much clearer the footage was with the cloud i thought it would be worse, it has been annoying me the way the shadows when it is sunny ruins the footage it's sort of like should i even bother to vid it i might have to vid only when it is cloudy.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 02:49 AM
Australia, QLD, Burua
Joined Jul 2012
2,525 Posts
Quote:
Cheers mate, the crashes are funny, i lol when my mate bumped me off the track & i cartwheeled through the trees & disappeared lol
He is getting better he just needs more practice on throttle control to keep the front down but the problem is he likes doing wheelies lol, i try to keep the front down when it wants to lift but he will keep it going to see how far he can go lol, hopefully one day we will be as good as each other & really be able to do some fast consistent laps.
Lol, that's exactly how it was, the red mist gets thicker as we race
It is amazing how much better the footage is with the cloud i thought it would be worse.
That crash cracked me up .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 17, 2014, 07:03 AM
If u aint 1st your last
Sydney, Australia
Joined Mar 2010
1,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chktm View Post
That crash cracked me up .
It was a fun day, we had some fun battles with the trucks as well they are getting rid of the grass pretty quick, i will have to start working on the jumps again soon, hoping to get out again on the weekend for some more fun, i am doing up a new body for my mate he is going Dungey decals so it will be RC v's RD lol