HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:06 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
902 Posts
I think you guys are spot on, I have never checked the current but the v911's 8.5mm motor will probably run close to 1.5a depending on the prop.
This is a very interesting & helpful thread with lots of thrust/current tests on various 1s motors http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2009496
limmacslim is online now Find More Posts by limmacslim
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My first little Multiwii quad
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2014, 10:17 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
902 Posts
This is my little Gernot Bruckmann yak, its running the f939 board & motor/gearbox. Only saved a few grams by milling & covering it but it does prop hang a little easier now. Was a bit of a rush job to get it ready for today's indoor meeting so fingers crossed for the maiden.

it is 460mm span, 432mm long, 35.7g auw & yes it is a little floppy but not too bad .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 14, 2014, 04:38 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
902 Posts
The micro Yak flew quite well, still not as floaty as I would like & could do with more thrust. Need to tighten up the control rods a bit & am thinking about a brushless conversion, could probably afford more wingspan then too.
Got a little video of it flying .

Micro yak (1 min 33 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 15, 2014, 04:47 PM
Malaysia, Selangor, Kajang
Joined Jun 2009
1,391 Posts
That is super cool. Now I want to build one.
slebetman is offline Find More Posts by slebetman
Old Jul 15, 2014, 09:25 PM
Joined Jul 2009
1,311 Posts
How did you get that extra channel for the ailerons servo?
mrexcel is offline Find More Posts by mrexcel
Old Jul 16, 2014, 07:46 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
902 Posts
Mr excel, Im using the 4 channel f939 board .

The plans need some refining, I also always find it hard to trim & get a good cg when flying indoors. When I get these things sorted I will post the plans here.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 16, 2014, 03:52 PM
Weltherrschaft will be mine
Germany, SN, Leipzig
Joined Nov 2012
247 Posts
Pics
Def needs more throw on all surfaces and loose another 5gramms. Any guesses why my batts get hot? Checked for shorts and bad soldering....
borkencorter is offline Find More Posts by borkencorter
Old Jul 17, 2014, 08:03 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
902 Posts
Hey Borken, you could try poking some holes in the nose & making some slits at the rear of the enclosure for some airflow to move through there.

It should help to keep temps down but saying that I had a sky runner with a similar layout/canopy area, it did not have any vents & never had any issues heating up lipos as far as I can remember.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:30 AM
im 13 years old..
Indonesia, Jakarta, South Jakarta
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
thanks guys , you guys helped me a lot , and btw i don't have to worry about too much amp any more. and now i really need a plan for an indoor/outdoor plane with AUW less than 35 gram with all the electronics,gear and prop...
rayhanbackyard is offline Find More Posts by rayhanbackyard
Old Jul 19, 2014, 09:09 AM
Joined Dec 2005
2 Posts
Testing v911 pro v2 Tx with WLToys F939 Rx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1993 View Post
i bought two of these but cannot get to bind with my new v911 transmitter. the one with more buttons and bigger display. is there some special trick to getting these to work? has anyone else tried with the new tx yet?
Are you using v911 pro v2 Tx to bind with WLToys F939 Rx ?

At banggood website:
http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-F929-...-p-930768.html

A user (risko) claimed that this Rx works with Turnigy 9X and WLToys Tx (SKU061399).
KMSum is offline Find More Posts by KMSum
Old Jul 19, 2014, 09:21 AM
Joined Dec 2005
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvlthn View Post
Well, I got something out of v911 PCB

Well, you can simply desolder Murata Gyrostar from the PCB and connect GND to OUT with simple wire - yaw still works.
Did you used a special soldering iron to desolder the gyro ?
KMSum is offline Find More Posts by KMSum
Old Jul 19, 2014, 11:46 PM
Livermore, CA
Joined Sep 2004
8,573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borkencorter View Post
Pics
Def needs more throw on all surfaces and loose another 5gramms. Any guesses why my batts get hot? Checked for shorts and bad soldering....
I had a similar EPP plane and the ESC and batt got too hot.
I cut a vent slot in front of the canopy, where the canopy sets on the front of the fuselage and I notched the back of the canopy to let the air through.
Butch777 is online now Find More Posts by Butch777
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM
Weltherrschaft will be mine
Germany, SN, Leipzig
Joined Nov 2012
247 Posts
i now have some cooling holes for motor and batt, which seem to help the motor a lot and a little with the lipo..... maybe the motor draws a lot more when it gets hot... anyway atm its in the "hangar" again for i have to replace the gearbox which lost some teeth .f939 is reallyb good, had a HH um polecat in the air today which is exactly the same plane. (foamwise..) its the first bought plane that doesnt bore me after 30mins in the air oh and neatly my second 939 weight 33 gramms without batt, so its good 2,5 gramms lighter than my first, and u do really notice the 2 gramms in the air. much better vert performance
borkencorter is offline Find More Posts by borkencorter
Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM
RC beginner
New York
Joined Oct 2008
5,959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMSum View Post
Are you using v911 pro v2 Tx to bind with WLToys F939 Rx ?
no. ive avoided that because word is they use a different protocol. anyway acquired a few more of these new transmitters. basically i got a couple with v272 toy quads and also buy one or two whenever theres a sale. can never have too many cases for diy radios and they are a bargain even at the regular $16 price.

anyway i have more info on my problem. turns out that out of the 7 units here of this new design, four of them dont work with the new airplane brick and two of those wont bind with the original heli brick either. its expected for two of those because they are for v272 which is known to have different protocol. but there is even trouble with the ones that were supposed to be v911 compatible and should work with the brick.

one from banggood was apparently for some other model type because the led window was different color from the others. maybe it was the "pro" version idk. anyway thanks to banggoods excellent customer service a replacement was sent that works ok.

strangest of all though one of the units works with my v911 helis and the brick being talked about here but not the new airplane brick. so there appears to maybe be some slight difference between flysky protocols. or maybe it was defective too. in any case i also got a replacement for that so quite happy to have ended up paying around $7 ea for this latest collection. even the ones that dont work will make great core9x donors:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post21299734

dave1993 is offline Find More Posts by dave1993