Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 09, 2011, 01:17 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenflying View Post
Sorry, it's a no go. The CopterX program box only works with the CopterX gyros.
different firmware??
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 09, 2011, 02:10 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchp View Post
different firmware??
No, I don't think so. I've checked the advanced settings and everything looks the same, even the same 5 default models. I think the program box looks for a unique customer ID when it downloads the data from the gyro. If the ID doesn't match it ignores the data and hangs waiting for a data packet with the correct ID. The ID is probably used for firmware updates as well.
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Old Nov 09, 2011, 03:01 AM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,780 Posts
From what I'm seeing in the CX-3X1000, for option 2 the FC3 setting selects the Beginner model 1 and the 3D setting selects the Hardcore model 4. I like the way model 4 flies on the 3GYS on my 450 pro, and checking the advanced settings, everything is the same. The ZYX in my 250 is also set to the 3D setting and flies well.
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:47 AM
Pensacola, FL
Joined Nov 2010
19 Posts
Hey guys is anybody gonna make a video on how to setup this unit? This would greatly help out us guys that get confused really easily. But on the side note its good to hear that they are making a program box for this unit.
Jhook is offline Find More Posts by Jhook
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:51 AM
Joined Jul 2011
144 Posts
+1 for a setup video
Jomaba4308 is offline Find More Posts by Jomaba4308
Old Nov 09, 2011, 09:54 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,072 Posts
+1!!!!!!!!!!!
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Old Nov 09, 2011, 10:50 AM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
404 Posts
Hi Guys

Managed to hover my 450Pro in the garden for a bit before it got dark. Oh dear it’s a bit lively for an old hover bovver like me any suggestions on taming the beast would be helpful, I’ve reduced the rates a lot like down to 40% and added expo then taken that out I’m still using the same throttle curve from the FB set-up should this be reduced in any way?
I’ve also got the jumping tail that Beenflying mentioned but my one moves a good 6th of a whole revolution.

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
Old Nov 10, 2011, 12:59 AM
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomaba4308 View Post
+1 for a setup video
A video would be a huge benefit to those beginner FB pilots who are looking to go FBL with the tarot ZYX! Thanks for considering and we really appreciate the effort whoever does it.
RoboJam is offline Find More Posts by RoboJam
Old Nov 10, 2011, 02:19 AM
No Longer Active
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Aug 2010
6,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboJam View Post
A video would be a huge benefit to those beginner FB pilots who are looking to go FBL with the tarot ZYX! Thanks for considering and we really appreciate the effort whoever does it.

Some one here will make a setup tutorial video of the fbl unit for sure. I just hope the video would be precise step by step instructions. I hope it's one of the good guys here that will do it.
pitchp is offline Find More Posts by pitchp
Old Nov 10, 2011, 01:37 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcright View Post
Hi Guys

Managed to hover my 450Pro in the garden for a bit before it got dark. Oh dear itís a bit lively for an old hover bovver like me any suggestions on taming the beast would be helpful, Iíve reduced the rates a lot like down to 40% and added expo then taken that out Iím still using the same throttle curve from the FB set-up should this be reduced in any way?
Iíve also got the jumping tail that Beenflying mentioned but my one moves a good 6th of a whole revolution.

Arcright
If by "rates" you mean the roll and pitch limits, they should not be used to reduce sensitivity, only to stop servo binding.

You can reduce the collective range to make it less pitchy and then you should use dual rates (or elevator/aileron end points EPA) to reduce any cyclic sensitivity.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:22 AM
Atleast It's in one piece
United Kingdom, North Weald Bassett
Joined Nov 2008
404 Posts
Hi Beenflying

I always refer to the dual rate in the TX as rates bit of a bad habit I suppose. If I reduce the end points of the aileron/elevator will this leave the gyro with enough throw if a gust of wind or other mishap catches the heli? Or is this also done at the TX so only my control throws are reduced.
Did you manage to iron out the strange twitch the tail makes while hovering itís a bit annoying to say the least?

Arcright
Arcright is offline Find More Posts by Arcright
Old Nov 11, 2011, 03:07 PM
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
4,780 Posts
rates/dual rates, I'm with you now. Yes, the Tx only effects control throws. Dual rates and EPAs have the same effect of limiting the maximum control throw. The limit setting in the gyro determines how much throw the gyro can use.

The only workaround I've found so far for the tail twitch in the 3GYS, is to lower the Tail Tx deadband in the gyro. Unfortunately, this option is not currently available in the ZYX.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:40 AM
AMA # 949551
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2009
2,072 Posts
For Sale:

Hiya Kidz!

Sometimes the true measure of a man is understanding his limitations.

As always, you guys have been GREAT so I am posting here 1ST!

For sale: One Tarot ZYX and 450 FBL head. Neither used.

For sale: One HK 500 Flybar head

CONUS and Pay Pal only!

Look around the forums, been here for years!

PM me!

Best to all!

Brian
rikybob is online now Find More Posts by rikybob
Last edited by rikybob; Nov 14, 2011 at 11:09 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:57 AM
How high does it go?..duh
Currently in...UK
Joined Jun 2004
2,633 Posts
Yay! It flys!...My HK250 is up and running with the ZYX stuck on the side frame (my Rx is too big for all to go inside the frame), I was worried it was going to be hard figuring out the setup, but it was pretty easy.
However my tail servo is crap, and I still have the same bounce as with my el cheapo GY520 gyro, so I've ordered a new one. I'll post some more when I've got the tail sorted.

Thanks for posting all the gotcha's beenflying, there were no issues on the maiden flight. I'll have to get a few more of these puppies.
Pigs dont fly is offline Find More Posts by Pigs dont fly
Old Nov 14, 2011, 02:07 PM
United States, CA, Rancho Cordova
Joined Jan 2011
3,760 Posts
I ordered the Tarot fbl head gyro comb for 86.99 w/free shipping.

I got my shipping notice from cy-model so they say they sent it out. If I actually get this I think its a good deal for total of 87.00.
barnstorm100 is offline Find More Posts by barnstorm100