Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 01, 2010, 07:27 PM
Xroadie
St. Louis, Missouri
Joined Mar 2006
329 Posts
Discussion
Models for sale at the JR Aerotow 2010

I haven't flown these models in seven years, so I guess it is time to sell them. I will come up to the JR event this weekend and bring them with me.

I have an EMS 5.3 Meter Duo Discus. Never crashed or even a hard landing. It has a detailed cockpit and an Axel Pilot in the front seat. It is a fantastic flier!! It will soar out of sight, then do four point rolls from one end of the field to the other.

I hate to sell it, but I have lost interest and I would rather see someone else tear up the sky with it than let it collect dust in my basement!

Also for sale is my Townado tow plane. It towed almost everything at the JR Aerotow in 2003, even one of Tony Elliot's monster ships. It is 100 inch span and has a 3w85 twin. It was a kit that Robin Lehman brought into the country and is what inspired John Derstine to design the Pegasus tug.

Both of the above models have dual battery systems, tied together with an EMS Battery Backer. Neither has seen a charger in seven years so, I would absolutely count on replacing them in both models.

I have no photos of it, but I also have a Rosenthal 1/3 scale Duo Discus kit for sale. It is a Glass Fuse, Styro Obechi wings, FG wing rod, FG parts to make up the interior and comes with the retract. As I recall it is 6 plus meters when finished.

I have not decided on what I want to sell them for, so if you are interested look me up at the event and I'll make you a bargain!
xroadie is offline Find More Posts by xroadie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 01, 2010, 08:16 PM
No substitute for aspect ratio
Norwalk, CT aka the Nutmeg State -- I just can't seem to find any %$#@! nutmeg here?
Joined Nov 2003
2,252 Posts
Sent you a PM on the EMS Duo...
SPasierb is online now Find More Posts by SPasierb
Old Jun 01, 2010, 09:42 PM
Vintage wood is the best!
In a house
Joined Sep 2002
2,816 Posts
Sent you a PM on the 1/3 Duo.....
SZD16 is online now Find More Posts by SZD16
Old Jun 01, 2010, 09:49 PM
"Fly"Fisherman
Guntersville, AL
Joined Jun 2004
688 Posts
Pete,
Rusty and I are looking forward to seeing you at JR!
Asher
Asher Carmichael is offline Find More Posts by Asher Carmichael
Old Jun 06, 2010, 08:25 AM
Xroadie
St. Louis, Missouri
Joined Mar 2006
329 Posts
Everything is sold! Great seeing everyone at the event too!!!
xroadie is offline Find More Posts by xroadie