HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM
Joined Jul 2013
120 Posts
Is it possible in ppm mode to change output channel six to channel 5?

I checked in the config app. In pwm mode I saw it is possible. But I don't understand how it s done in ppm mode.
ShiftyPK is online now Find More Posts by ShiftyPK
Last edited by ShiftyPK; Yesterday at 03:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM
Fix it till its broke!
United Kingdom, Scotland, North Ayrshire
Joined Feb 2010
735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyPK View Post
Is it possible in ppm mode to change output channel six to channel 5?

I checked in the config app. In pwm mode I saw it is possible. But I don't understand how it s done in ppm mode.
Its a hardware limitation I'm sure its Something to do with timers.
geofrancis is offline Find More Posts by geofrancis
Old Today, 03:38 AM
Rchelistuff
Romania, AR, Arad
Joined Nov 2012
494 Posts
subscribed
cofl10011 is offline Find More Posts by cofl10011
Old Today, 02:29 PM
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Jun 2012
36 Posts
Just found the limit of my 1W module, flashed with the newest version as of two weeks ago, using an IBC dipole on Tx and a turnstyle on the plane with 5.8 for video. Sadly it was only 4,700 feet. My rssi dropped to 0% but I was able to get her back by raising the Tx way over my head.
This is too bad. I can get 3 miles with Futaba PCM 72mhz. Shame, I was liking the little antennas...
ratbird911 is online now Find More Posts by ratbird911
Old Today, 02:40 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbird911 View Post
Just found the limit of my 1W module, flashed with the newest version as of two weeks ago, using an IBC dipole on Tx and a turnstyle on the plane with 5.8 for video. Sadly it was only 4,700 feet. My rssi dropped to 0% but I was able to get her back by raising the Tx way over my head.
This is too bad. I can get 3 miles with Futaba PCM 72mhz. Shame, I was liking the little antennas...
Either you have some really horrible antennas or your module is not putting out proper power.
NorCalMatCat is online now Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
Old Today, 02:47 PM
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Jun 2012
36 Posts
The antennas are from IBCrazy. How can I test the power?
ratbird911 is online now Find More Posts by ratbird911
Old Today, 03:00 PM
Better then Sliced Bread!
United States, CA, Arcata
Joined Oct 2011
2,611 Posts
You would have to have a power meter or a spectrum analyzer, the 1W TX I got from HK only put out 32mW! I already had another 1W module from previous projects so I changed it out.

It seems that even when they are working properly you can only expect about 250 to 300mW from them anyway, you could get them up to close to 600mW if you hack it to run off 5v like it's meant to be.

Just as a side note even on 32mW I was able to fly about 2.5 miles using a dipole on the ground and a turnstyle on the plane, though honestly I think you will find better performance out of a ground plane on the plane then a turnstyle.
NorCalMatCat is online now Find More Posts by NorCalMatCat
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Let'sFPV UBEC 1 WEEK SALE
Old Today, 03:12 PM
United States, CA, Huntington Beach
Joined Jan 2013
1,009 Posts
Join the Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratbird911 View Post
Frustrating isn't it? I just experienced a similar disappointing maiden flight of my F450 quad. My venture into the world of UHF 433 mHz flight control radios started when I switched to FrSkys Taranis transmitter along with their X8R receiver. I was not happy with the range I was getting with the FrSky system compared to my previous Spektrum system.

I chose the Hobby King's Orange RX LRS 1 watt JR style module along with the 9 channel receiver. While I waiting for the OpenLRS system to arrive from China, I did research and found that a better version of OpenLRS called OpenLRSng so I made plans to flash the TX and RX when they arrived.

They finally arrived so I set about to flash them. I struggled a bit until I was pointed to the proper tools. After flashing the new firmware I used the same tools to make adjustments to the TX and RX. After installing the RX on the F450 I reprogrammed the Taranis for this model to use the UHF module and receiver to control the NAZA flight controller on my quad.

After a couple of close in LOS flights to confirm a controls were working properly I headed to my favorite flight spot to test the range. All went well until suddenly the quad stopped forward flight and went into the RTH mode because the RX sensed on signal from the transmitter. Unfortunately this happened at about 3500 foot from my take-off location.

I was upset to say the least. Why would this 433 mHz system preform so poorly? even with the same output that the Taranis 2.4 gHz TX has the UHF system should run circles around it. I haven't found the cause at this point, I'm thinking the Module is not outputting the advertised 1 watt. I wish I had a way to measure the output, but I don't.

The next step will be to build a better RX antenna for the quad.

Just thought I would publish my experience in the hopes that someone may have an idea of what is going on here.
hoggdoc is online now Find More Posts by hoggdoc