Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 14, 2012, 05:08 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
119 Posts
Question
Used MCPX v2 (or v1 with mods) or new NCPX?

Hi

As the title says, used MCPX v2 or v1 with mods or a new NCPX?

I'm leaning towards the NCPX because of durability and indoor flight characteristics.

Also, what are the limitations to micro sized CP helicopters? Will the weathervane effect do anything to it, since the tail rotor can only spin one direction? I ask this because I'm interested in being able to learn how to do backwards flight.

Thanks
feerof is offline Find More Posts by feerof
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:33 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
119 Posts
bump bump?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:45 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,133 Posts
I would go for the Nano CPX. It is much more suitable for indoor flying because of its smaller. However, it is less stable than the mCPX. If you are not experienced with CPs, you will need a programmable transmitter to tame it down. There is probably not a lot of difference between them if you are just sports flying. However if you are doing 3D, it will soon become apparent that the stock Nano CPX is much better than the stock mCPX. For a start, the tail holds much better and there is much lesser chance of tail blowouts. The power to weight ratio is much greater and the chance of the motor getting bogged down when inverted is reduced. Nowadays, direct motor driven tails hold the heli quite well.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:23 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2011
119 Posts
Yeah, I currently have a DX6i, so I will be able to set my expos and what not.

I guess the nCPX wins in my books. thanks zadaw!