HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:19 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_WI View Post
I believe a OS 4B or 4BK carb will work. These carbs came off of the FSR series of engines and were very good carbs.

I have a EVO 52 in the junk box so I will check.
willing to sell it?
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2012, 12:10 AM
Cox Engine Hoarder
Neenah, Wisconsin, United States
Joined Jun 2004
571 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
willing to sell it?
The OS 4BK and 4B carb does fit in the Evo 52.

It is in tough shape. It was in an engine lot I bought. It had a bent crank shaft and a crack in the casting where the muffler bolt goes through. The Needle valve is broke off the bracket and the fuel nipple is missing on the carb.

I straightned the crankshaft, JB welded the crack in the casting, and replaced the front bearing. It has an Evo muffler and does run with an OS carb installed.

Still interested? I will not sell the OS carb though.....

Jason
Jason_WI is online now Find More Posts by Jason_WI
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:57 PM
United States, FL, Sarasota
Joined Dec 2010
331 Posts
I just put my finger over the hole on the muffler and that gets it to stop but ya it's most likely your carb O-Ring. Make sure the ring isn't broken or get a new ring or even a new carb.
Rcflyyer1 is offline Find More Posts by Rcflyyer1
Old Oct 08, 2012, 06:57 PM
United States, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Nov 2011
1,220 Posts
I just took my Cherokee with an Evo 46 out of mothballs and had to take the carb apart to clean it. It had been sitting for about 5 years. Thats the only Evo I've had and Im not sure I put the carb back togeather right. Whats the small lever that moves inside the throttle lever. I haven't been able to find a breakdown of just the carb.
FloridaFlyBob is offline Find More Posts by FloridaFlyBob
Old Oct 08, 2012, 11:34 PM
Augernaut
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstekeur View Post
I just took my Cherokee with an Evo 46 out of mothballs and had to take the carb apart to clean it. It had been sitting for about 5 years. Thats the only Evo I've had and Im not sure I put the carb back togeather right. Whats the small lever that moves inside the throttle lever. I haven't been able to find a breakdown of just the carb.
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.
Wookster is online now Find More Posts by Wookster