Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:01 PM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,806 Posts
Mark,
He's a 'Fruit cake'! I just took a look at your other thread and realised it was the same person, I should have put a tenner on it!. All my autogyro friends who share the same interest in your design know what he is like and what he is capable of saying.

Just one example:

Last year we had a mass build of Webbits over on the RCME forum, this was to raise money for charity. I decided to make mine a convertible model. Nothing new just a bit of fun....along comes our friend saying he had been flying for 30 years and stated this was not new and he had done it. Sounds alarming the same?

http://www.modelflying.co.uk/forums/...p?th=50096&p=2

Then low and behold on RcGroups a new thread appeared called the 6-1 model (or something like that). Now this was the 'other' person who we were told was hired by Mario..LOL he even flew in the same street?? strange. He had lots of flack as he was getting deeper in crap, then his profile suddenly changed and he actually lived in Australia?

People like that here would end up in Kidderminster 'D' block! licking windows!

Another fine example was my first Little Nellie, the moment it flew 'BANG' a video was up saying something like The worlds first flying RC Little Nellie. Now that is fine but the model in question was an almost direct copy of one of our past friends brilliant designs with just a poxy piece of depron in the shape of Nellie. I couldn't stop laughing and I'm sure others would agree with me?
There is far more but I wont bore you with the details!

You should be proud of what you have achieved, its great to see someone having a go and not being big headed about what they have designed. You have created interest in what you enjoy doing...no one can copy that my friend

I also enjoy what I love doing...but on a plus side I have now got some good friends around the world There are good guys out there Its a great Hobby

Regards

Rich
SafeLandings is offline Find More Posts by SafeLandings
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2012, 02:35 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeLandings View Post
People like that here would end up in Kidderminster 'D' block! licking windows!
Thanks for the kind words about my microlight Rich means alot,
this comment above made me LOL

ive had a quick look through your link and can see what you mean! does sound very similar..
some beautiful and different autogyros on there though! the one with two rotors is the dogs bits

look forward to flying with you some time Rich and your right this hobby is too cool

regards, mark
mark675 is offline Find More Posts by mark675
Old Jan 23, 2012, 05:57 PM
Elizabeth South Australia 5113
Joined Nov 2005
1,684 Posts
G "day Mark
You have to believe what Rich tells you about our good friend ''MARIO'' He is a pain in the butt. I did not know he was the one you were referring to all this time,so now I can fully understand why you were pissed off.He was booted of RC groups and then he changed his name and came on as some one else .( he got tossed of again) Talk about a wast of space ,with a big head !!! I told you that a few of my autogyro buddies are taking interest in your project. So there is Rich,Ricardo, Bill and myself ,all into autogyros from different parts of the world ,all hanging on you every word. please keep up the good work.
Happy Landings
Chris.......
britinoz is offline Find More Posts by britinoz
Old Jan 23, 2012, 08:16 PM
Up State New York , USA
Joined Mar 2009
1,170 Posts
Well Chris & Rich
I didn't put 2 & 2 together but I did think to myself that sounded just like our old nut case. So he seems to have done it all the only thing is he has no knowledge to answer any questions about his so called creations until the true inventor reply's. He must Just sit and surf for things to call his own HOW SAD SO SAD. Ya Mark we are all looking forward to this one.

Bill
Mud Duck Bill is offline Find More Posts by Mud Duck Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2012, 01:51 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
thanks guys youve all made my week
hearing this news is just what i was looking for to prove what kind of guy he is,
I was so sure he had copied me- the design was soo similar and only 2 weeks after my video and pics were released!
he obviously did what you guys said.. talks down your design, then as soon as it works.. bammm sat in his shed making one and claiming it as his design

careful though guys he'll sue us all for dragging his name through the mud,
even though its been there more times than his original weightshift microlights

I didnt want to mention names at first.. and im glad i didnt because richard knowing who it was just by what ive put proves my point exactly

thanks for the kind words guys and following my thread,
there will be more changes and tests very soon as long as the weather plays ball!
so expect new things from our friend mario too.. maybe a few days after that
Old Jan 24, 2012, 08:56 AM
It was a GLITCH! Honestly!
Stourport on Severn ,Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2007
4,806 Posts
Mark,
Threats with suing! well he hasn't got a leg top stand on!! he's all talk when it comes to kitting a design. Get a copywright on your design and sue him I say, you have all the proof in black and white! But some how I would think you wouldn't stoop to his childish level!
Besides a local shop has been selling some kind of heli mould that he does, I have seen one and its rubbish. In fact I would think my 10 year old son could create something better with paper mache! I just laughed when I saw the poor quality..LOL
Its a shame because we all had a bit of respect for him to start with until he showed his true colours.

Sorry to go on mate, but I felt the same as you. It stopped me putting detailed build logs for all to see, instead if there is interest I let people have a design to play with

Looking forward to more progress on your Microlight. I am sure Chris and Billy Boy will somehow be constructing very soon....they are like building monsters!

Regards

Rich
SafeLandings is offline Find More Posts by SafeLandings
Old Jan 24, 2012, 02:11 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
Yeah i cant be bothered with his childish ways and dont want to copywrite the design as i want other people to build them too.. why should everyone suffer cus of one person?
No problem about going on about it!
It gets very frustrating when its just your word against his but as you say- ive got all the proof i need in photos and dates to prove my case whereas that plank hasnt got nothing else he would of showed me when i asked.
funny about his 'upgrades' being cheap crap though

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeLandings View Post
I am sure Chris and Billy Boy will somehow be constructing very soon....they are like building monsters!
looking forward to other people building these!
i know i havent released any plans yet but if anyone needs any close up pics or dimensions of any part just let me know and ill post them up

regards,mark
Old Mar 02, 2012, 06:38 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
been flying the microlight quite alot the last few days and enjoying every minute of it

got a the new gopro HD2 last week so made another onboard video from some different angles,
was quite windy so it was getting bumped about abit when down low cus of the rotor off the trees but smoothed out when up higher.

rc microlight hd2 #new video# (7 min 12 sec)
Old Mar 03, 2012, 03:35 AM
Joined Jun 2006
1,065 Posts
Mark, What a great realistic video! I was expecting the pilot to move his legs and the dials on the instrument panel to move and the take off and landing were superb!

Well done Congratulations!

Ted
tedrobphoto is offline Find More Posts by tedrobphoto
Old Mar 03, 2012, 04:33 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
Thanks very much Ted,

ive just ordered a smaller hd bullet camera to get some better views,
its far lighter than my gopro so can be mounted out on the wing facing back in to the trike,
the gopro weighs just over 200g's with the lcd backpack fitted and isnt the smallest camera either so is very limited with where it can be put! lol

i loved the pilots view too was very happy with how it turned out,
i was gonna remove the pilot and just have the bar moving free but wanted the arms and legs in the picture,
i removed his insides along with his head and just folded his torso out the way and put the camera on top

the qualitys gone down quite abit though since uploaded to youtube, straight of the camera was stunning quality, love the new gopro
Old Mar 04, 2012, 05:17 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
little video my mate did on his phone so not brilliant quality lol

microlight sunset (0 min 34 sec)

also a edited version of the video above, alot shorter but with music and added pics and other bits of video

radio controlled microlight (edited version) (3 min 59 sec)

have been making some side skirts tonight to cover the electics, finished the one side but need to figure out how to make a quick release for the other side to change batterys.
also making some scale details like the radio for the cockpit, only rough at the moment but is giving me ideas for the 2nd version

cant post pics today for some reason so will do it tomorrow
Last edited by mark675; Mar 04, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2012, 06:30 PM
Whats a search engine?
Missouri
Joined Jun 2006
886 Posts
For better views on the vid 's , I'd do away with the wind screen . But other than that Super real looking from the chest cam! Nice !
inventing_man is offline Find More Posts by inventing_man
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:45 AM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
thanks inventing man,
yeah i agree with you about the screen, next video ill remove it (4 screws) or cut it right down out the way

still working on side skirts but here they are so far..
Old Mar 05, 2012, 02:45 AM
Peterborough
Joined Feb 2009
159 Posts
Kneeboy,

I've just found this thread, and I all I can say is FANTASTIC !!!!

I have been flying RC models for 15 years, and have amassed nearly 1000 hours in 10 years of flying flexwings.
I have often puzzled over making an RC microlight, but just couldn't work out how to control it such that the wing could still attain its own hands off position, as in a real microlight.

I also fly auogyros, so know a lot of the guys posting on this forum. We often have get togethers, it would be great if you wanted to join us at one.

I would love to build one of your microlights, please let me know if you do release a plan.

Thanks and good luck

Ian
ismith2uk is online now Find More Posts by ismith2uk
Old Mar 05, 2012, 12:33 PM
flexwing addict
midlands uk
Joined Sep 2004
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ismith2uk View Post

I have often puzzled over making an RC microlight, but just couldn't work out how to control it such that the wing could still attain its own hands off position, as in a real microlight.

Ian
Thanks for the kind words Ian

I spent alot of time researching about how hang gliders and microlights fly,
the servo setup is used on some (most?) rc autogyros.. as youll know
but i heard the downside about this arrangement is servos stripping in a hard landing or crash so the springs act like servo savers.
actually got the 'springs' idea off rc motorbikes! (which is another of my hobbies)

the main reason for me using the springs though is to allow the wing to deal with wind/turbulance (as your arms do in a real one- sort of like shock absorbers )
they allow the wing to be bumped about by turbulance but not pass this movement down to the trike so you remain in control.
if trike and wing were locked as one it would swing all over the place due to the pendulam effect and be very hard to control.

if the collets are in the wrong place on the steering arms they can stop the trike swinging to its natural hang postion and stop the wing flying at its natural trim postion- determined by the trike hang point (as youll also know lol) and make the whole aircraft very unstable.

i found you need to get the collets the right distance apart -
not too far else you wont have much roll control as the springs take out all your input-
but not too close as youll loose the 'servo saver' part and also there wont be enough 'free play' to soak up turbulance.

springs and collets are positioned on the carbon rods with trial and error at first but once you have them as close as possible you can find the 'sweet spot' with a few bumps of elevator trim.

i would love to come and meet you guys and see your autogyros one day,
let me know where and when your going and ill try and come over

mark

ps sorry for telling you what you already know in this post..ive just read it back!
with 10yrs experience youll know all this already! lol
Last edited by mark675; Mar 05, 2012 at 12:42 PM.