HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2011, 10:23 PM
United States, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Apr 2006
965 Posts
Discussion
AMA Muncie, IN - AMA 75th Anniv. Dirt Track Open House!

The Academy of Model Aeronautics is celebrating their 75th Anniversary! If you have not been to their 1000 acre (yes I've got my zeros correct!) site in Muncie, Indiana, you should visit. Even if you are not a model airplane guy, they appreciate all hobbies!

Here's a link to the event website: http://ama75.com/ama-75th-anniversary-event/

The AMA built a nice dirt track on their property several years ago and they have a great Driver's Stand too. For the 75th Anniversary, the plan to have the track open and also to have 6-8 demonstration vehicles for the use of people who want to try running R/C trucks!

They have asked me to spearhead this effort because I race R/C cars and trucks and I am also a 25 year flying member of the AMA. For a long time, I only considered myself "an airplane guy" until my son exposed me to R/C cars and trucks. Now I love both!

We are hoping that the vehicles will be Traxxas Slash trucks. Box Stock for people to use.

We will for sure be there on Saturday and Sunday, but Thursday and Friday are "iffy" due to work schedules. It depends on if we can get volunteers to run those days.

Please print out the attached flyer! Pass it to friends that you think might be interested and ask your LHS to post one too!

Scott Black
www.IndyHobbies.com

HelloScott is offline Find More Posts by HelloScott
Last edited by HelloScott; Jul 01, 2011 at 08:30 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2011, 05:43 AM
Joined Apr 2006
965 Posts
Yes, the track is a little rough. Sadly it doesn't get the use/care that it should. We will work on that prior to the event. What they need is a good group of local racers to come enjoy it and take care of it.
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:46 PM
Joined Oct 2011
2 Posts
I am moving to Muncie this winter and I am looking for racing, I can help promote and ru n a track. I started the rc club in cape and was race director. Looks like the track does need work but I know from experience that it is hard to get people to actually work, lots of people talk but few follow up.
Can I make a suggestion?
If dirt is not going over well how about a paved run way to race on road on? A little NASCAR or Touring car series might work.
Another idea is a point series and a raacing season with prizes at the end.
If you want my help just let me know ..............
I want to race
semoracer is offline Find More Posts by semoracer
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:57 PM
Joined Apr 2006
965 Posts
You should stop in to the AMA headquarters and see if they will let you work on the track. They may be!