HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:20 PM
Joined Dec 2009
10 Posts
Question
Help! Can't bind HP6DSM to Blade MSR Heli

I followed the instructions. Right stick works in all directions. Left stick works right and left but the throttle does not work at all. Dip switch 4 is up and all others are in the down position.

Does this really work? I would love to hear from someone who has had luck binding the MSR to the HP6DSM radio.
pnovotny21 is offline Find More Posts by pnovotny21
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:22 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnovotny21 View Post
I followed the instructions. Right stick works in all directions. Left stick works right and left but the throttle does not work at all. Dip switch 4 is up and all others are in the down position.

Does this really work? I would love to hear from someone who has had luck binding the MSR to the HP6DSM radio.
Did you have the throttle and throttle trim all the way down when you tried binding this?
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Mar 20, 2010, 10:22 PM
USA, KY, Letcher
Joined Feb 2005
29 Posts
Make sure you don't have the throttle hold switched on at the top right toggle.
redrob is offline Find More Posts by redrob
Old Mar 21, 2010, 07:58 AM
Joined Dec 2009
10 Posts
more info

I have the throttle trim turned all the way down as well as the throttle stick turned all the way down. The cuttoff switch for the main motor is set to "0" so the throttle should work. The transmitter works perfectly with my Blade SR but not with my MSR. When I use the old transmitter with my MSR it works perfectly. All of the directional inputs work correctly after I complete the binding but I have no main motor power at all. Please help!
Old Mar 21, 2010, 08:44 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,380 Posts
On one of the videos about the SR, I thought I heard it mentioned not to use the HP6DSM-SR with any other helicopter of the Eflite line because of the model specific programming done to it. Stick with the one that works with your mSR and save yourself a bit of trouble. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Mar 21, 2010, 09:46 AM
Sometimes alot/Sometimes not
Joined Dec 2009
123 Posts
No offense, but are the dip switch settings correct?
I talked to one person at Eflite, he said the SR tx will work, and another one said it wouldn't.
dhmojo is online now Find More Posts by dhmojo
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:10 AM
USA, KY, Letcher
Joined Feb 2005
29 Posts
It will work. I even use the HP6DSM on my Ember II plane.
redrob is offline Find More Posts by redrob
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:28 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,380 Posts
Even if you change the DIP switches until it does work, the programmed settings of the SR TX will not allow it to fly as well as it does with the stock TX. There is a big difference in the settings of an HP6DSM and an HP6DSM-SR and you can't alter them. I have both of these TX's and I just retired the SR TX. Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:49 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
I had the same issue. Horizon hobby walked me through the steps 1st make sure batteries are fully charged
Make sure throttle position and trim is at lowest setting
HP6DSM Transmitter Dip switches: all switches down except #8 which is up.
Transmitter off
Plug up heli first and wait until heli is blinking about five blinks per second
Next with the trainer switch pulled forward, hold it forward while turning on transmitter, wait a few seconds then release, Heli should bind to the transmitter
Unless you have a bad board, it should be OK. After this the next time you turn off and on the transmitter and heli you should not need to hold the trainer switch when turning on the radio.
See if this will work and report back to this thread to let us know if it works.
darthdrk is offline Find More Posts by darthdrk
Old Mar 21, 2010, 01:12 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
I was just looking at the MSR maunal and it is contradicting what the tech told me over the phone as far as the Dip switches. The tech told me that for the HP6DSM the dip switch #8 is up and the rest down but in the manual, it shows dip switch #4 up and the rest down (Now Im confused as to what is right or wrong) I have to add when I did what the tech told me to do over the phone My heli did bind but after binding about 2-5 seconds later my heli took off on its own. Also after I retrieved my heli off my cabinets, the throttle no longer worked even after going through the whole process again. I called back Horizon and they are having me send the board back in. So, I assumed the board may have been bad but now looking at the instruction manual, I dont really know. As far as the manual goes, it says for the LP5DSM transmitter #8 switch is up and all the rest of the switches are down. Im wondering if the tech told me the wrong thing and it caused my throttle to be reversed or something to fry on my 5-1 board. Because after that all I could get to work was my servos. I do know that what the tech told me and what the manual told me are two complete different things. I will be calling them again to verify which is right for the HP6DSM
Old Mar 21, 2010, 07:53 PM
Joined Dec 2009
10 Posts
darth, please share your experience with the #8 dip switch pushed up. I had the #4 dip switch pushed up and all others down and it did not work. All controls operate with the exception of the throttle.
Old Mar 21, 2010, 10:49 PM
My hobby is why Im broke
USA, TN, Millington
Joined Dec 2002
6,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnovotny21 View Post
darth, please share your experience with the #8 dip switch pushed up. I had the #4 dip switch pushed up and all others down and it did not work. All controls operate with the exception of the throttle.
Seems like my experience is/was the same as your experience with the #4 dip switch up. I dont know if something has burned out my 5-1 board , Its on its way to Horizon hobby so they can take a look at it
Old Mar 22, 2010, 01:59 AM
Incurable heli addict
Southern Ohio
Joined Mar 2009
1,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
Even if you change the DIP switches until it does work, the programmed settings of the SR TX will not allow it to fly as well as it does with the stock TX. There is a big difference in the settings of an HP6DSM and an HP6DSM-SR and you can't alter them. I have both of these TX's and I just retired the SR TX. Take care.

Don
I used the HP6DSM-SR for my MSR for a short itme and it worked perfectly.
Especially when I flipped the dual rate switch to high.
Low rate just has a bunch of expo dialed in and some weak pitch and throttle curves but the high rate setting is pretty much the same as any RTF TX on the market.
McKrackin is offline Find More Posts by McKrackin
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:05 PM
Northwest Oregon
Joined Mar 2010
9 Posts
Thanks

I was just working on this, this morning. I had the#4 position up and I could not get it to bind. Thanks for the advise using the#8 up. Will go try that.
Boltarama is offline Find More Posts by Boltarama
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:12 AM
Joined Dec 2009
10 Posts
I called E-Flite yesterday and the technical support guy couldn't get it to work either. I can still fly my MSR perfectly with the LP5DSM transmitter so I know for a fact that there is nothing wrong with the helicopter.