HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2013, 05:59 PM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
I just got back from seeing "The Lone Ranger" with my daughter and my wife meets me at the door and tells me that the 21 month old grandson of a close business associate of mine knocked the screen out of the window and fell two stories........sustaining injuries that later resulted in his death........the mother heard the child say: "Oh, oh" and she popped her head out of the kitchen just in time to witness the accident........so sad, yet so preventable.........which makes it all the worse! Day of bad news..........
Can't imagine going through such tragedy. Thoughts and prayers to both families.
abaser is offline Find More Posts by abaser
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2013, 09:08 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
That's horrible snowman, so sorry to hear about that. Any bad news involving children is really tough to hear. I don't even want to imagine how those parents feel, I'm sure you never recover from such devistation. Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

So what happened to Dead Roman? Was he injured? I hope he is okay. Guess I'll call Shane, unless you can share more info Kerwin?
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:04 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,584 Posts
Give him a call Plow and update us as much as possible. This stuff strikes way too close to home. Pass on best wishes if you do call. Thanks
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:33 PM
Montana Transplant
United States, OR, Klamath Falls
Joined Aug 2005
1,929 Posts
I know he was injured last year by an IED, but didn't hear about anything else... nothing about it on his father facebook other than getting ready to come home.
mt_flyer is offline Find More Posts by mt_flyer
Old Jul 13, 2013, 10:59 PM
Cookies Good - Bacon Better
Portland, Oregon
Joined Sep 2008
1,584 Posts
I realize we have had some sobering news here today, and I don't want to trivialize these events, nor the airliner crash earlied on, but I ran across this on another site and knowing the Twistaholics, I believe a little levity may be OK. Note content can be interpreted to be R rated.

KTVU Apology for Friday Noon Report [FULL] -- Asiana Flight 214 Pilot Names (2 min 30 sec)
NoMatta is offline Find More Posts by NoMatta
Old Jul 13, 2013, 11:33 PM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,032 Posts
Sheesh, all sorts or sad news. On a up note, I just got back from NJ FLI, I won a Slick
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Jul 14, 2013, 12:12 AM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
7,858 Posts
Congrats DOG! What size?
3DNater is online now Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jul 14, 2013, 06:35 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,032 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Congrats DOG! What size?
51 like I had for 1 flight. Got a little Orange going on
Last edited by DaOldGuy; Jul 14, 2013 at 07:28 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 08:10 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,552 Posts
Heya kids!!!!

No fear! All is well in my little world!

Chase has been here for leave. (here now) He got his golden ticket....no practicing medicine....no carrying any weapon.... so he is done. He sits around all day and plays video games...lol
Recently found out the doc is going to try to realese him from the service in 4 months (hurray).....he should draw 100% disability. He will come home to live with us a few or more years (or less ) we are all looking forward to it. Further note: Kerwin was technically right in what he said. Come to find out Chase had been hit with IED's about 4 times. The last one was the bad one and yea he took shrapnel, and saved everybody, 4 critical, one with no legs. Now all this was a couple years ago. Plus in special forces he broke his back, pelvis, tore MCL. Then in mountain traing last year that MCL blew his knee out again. All that combined with hearing loss and PTSD and he is finished so thats where all that comes from.

As a nice side note the military gave a bronze star with a "V" to the seargent who wasnt even there. Funny when the guy with no legs retired last month, the colonel took Chase to the ceremonies and not the seargent?????? I have gained a tremendous amount more respect for the men and what they do but I have lost almost all respct for the organization itself (sorry Daniel, I love ya man! )

My new job went well but litterally took all my time. Lately the new boss who gave me my position got fired and then the mayor and city secretary have tried to undo everything he had done (and it was mostly all good)

They changed the organization of public works again and I lost my position....funny thing....I kept my pay

Mammas boss retired this year so the assistant got the top position and mamma moved up to the asst. position....shes excited.

Dustin keeps moving up in his position....about another year of school for Journeyman Elec. (he makes as friggen much as I do)....lol

All good....thanks for asking.

I miss you guys and should be back soon....saw a diddy about a NW fly-in....looks good.
Dad_Roman is online now Find More Posts by Dad_Roman
Old Jul 14, 2013, 08:33 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,552 Posts
Funny story...

Last city manager kicked us off our flying field and made us strip the structures out, he wanted to sell the land (100ac) They always try that but the land is condemned cause its the old city dump. You cant dig a foot without hitting trash so you cany put water, sewer, elec etc. No one ever bids on it. So naturally it didnt sell.

In the meantime we have moved out to the airport....course thats pretty great cause the mgr had all but closed it down...lol.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 08:38 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,576 Posts
DR, sorry to hear of your tough times and son. He's a true hero in my eyes. Wish him well.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 08:39 AM
BANG IT!!!
Joined Dec 2007
12,032 Posts
WUZZUP DADDY R!

Good to hear all is well and city politics continue... This has always reinforced my thoughts that you cant beat City Hall and explains why people would like their own deserted island!
Old Jul 14, 2013, 08:44 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,552 Posts
Tough stuff there snow....

I was coming over a hill in my town the other day (hwy coming into town) and looked at the next hill......a guy was coming to meet me and suddenly swerved off the road into the ditch, kinda slid sideways, jumped out of his car and ran out into the middle of the road.

I was still a ways away and couldnt figure out WTH??? but I was slowing up anyways.

In a sec he reached down and picked up a naked 2 yr old that was walking down the middle of the highway.

Out of all the crap I deal with in the FD and EMS that one kinda freaked me out a little
Old Jul 14, 2013, 08:48 AM
Twistaholic AMA 134406
USA, TX, Teague
Joined Jul 2007
5,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaser View Post
DR, sorry to hear of your tough times and son. He's a true hero in my eyes. Wish him well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaOldGuy View Post
WUZZUP DADDY R!

Good to hear all is well and city politics continue... This has always reinforced my thoughts that you cant beat City Hall and explains why people would like their own deserted island!
All good abaser. If you think he is a hero in your eyes you ought to see him through mine (or Cairnes eyes...Ill attach a pic)

DuuuOOOOG...whazzap my man...miss you guys...Im fixin to lock back in and get some flyin done!
Old Jul 14, 2013, 09:09 AM
Lawn Dart Professional
USA, AR, Stuttgart
Joined Jul 2010
1,576 Posts
About the same thing happened to me a couple years ago. I was on my way to work, and a couple cars swerved in the street ahead of me. One stops to wait on oncoming traffic before going around. When I got to where I could see what was going on, a little hispanic boy was walking down the street crying his eyes out. Now, I know at least 6-7 cars went around this little boy. I stopped in the middle of the street and got out to grab him. Come to find out, after over an hour of searching for his parents, they finally came home. Said he was asleep, so they left and washed a load of clothes at the laundromat across town. When cops gave him back to them (who instead of being glad he was safe started scolding him for getting out of bed) they just told them not to do that again. I would think some kind of fine or something should've been in order.