HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:23 PM
United States, OR, Albany
Joined Oct 2011
551 Posts
Question
Naza lite gains question

I've been trying to ween myself off of flying exclusively with GPS and Atti mode by switching to manual mode (Naza lite) for the last couple minutes of my flights. I'm slowly getting better but it seems really touchy. Can i calm it down by adjusting the gains or adding expo? Do the gains only matter in manual mode or GPS and Atti or do they effect the flight characteristics in all modes. Thanks
scottieusa is online now Find More Posts by scottieusa
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:18 AM
United States, TX, Sugar Land
Joined May 2014
141 Posts
Hey Scottieusa - so take this with a grain of salt! ;-) I played extensively with Manual Mode on the Lite about 8 months ago, which I think is at least one firmware release back. Both from reading and from experience, I didn't see or expect any effect of adjusting the gains.

It sorta makes sense when you think about it as the Naza apparently uses the gain values only to adjust the self level parameters, and despite the fact that one seems to also adjust rate of change, I didn't see that on Manual mode.

Adding Expo helps. Personally, I'm not good enough to want to fly with no computer assistance at all - I *really* enjoy flying OpenPilot's Rattiude mode, and the ability to adjust the rate of change to my personal preference and ability! ;-)
SystemsGuy is offline Find More Posts by SystemsGuy