HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2013, 06:31 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,265 Posts
try the stick calibration just to be sure ?
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 12, 2013, 08:29 AM
Weltherrschaft will be mine
Germany, SN, Leipzig
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
How does that work? gonna guggl a video anyway, but just to be sure
borkencorter is offline Find More Posts by borkencorter
Old Nov 12, 2013, 12:05 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borkencorter View Post
I no this is not the place,but I got a big problem, guys.... recieved my flysky 9x today, but somehow I m too dumb to get it vworking or this bradio is a lemon. first of all, the menu button behaves a little erratic, meaning it sometimes doesnt respond at all. but the mutch bigger issue, when I bound my v911 like shown in some yt video, I got a solid red light but no stick response at all... tried several v911 rx s and gw9958 rx s, but all the same, solid red but no motor or servo movement. When I choose to view the stick outputs on the diplay it shows they workn fine???
the rx is is definitly bound to tx but I do not get any response to any tx inputs.
the servos dont seem to be centering also?????
whaddafak could that be??? already had it open and visually checked for flaws but nothing so far.
google or the search here hasnt turned up something useful yet, so please help me!!!!!!!!!
Borken that doesnt sound right I had to replace a couple of buttons on my 9x so your menu button issue is probably pretty normal & easily fixed but Im a bit baffled about the other issue.
I think if it is binding ok, the PPM signal is making it to the v911 brick but something is obviously going wrong along the way, it may be a fault inside the flysky module? Maybe open it up & check for bad soldering etc.

You could try hooking up a 3.5mm jack to the PC soundcard & download "PPM-audio" to see if a PPM signal is coming out of trainer port ok, I guess that might rule out most of the actual radio & narrow it down to the module & supporting circuitry. http://www.smartpropoplus.com/dnn/Se...9/Default.aspx

Sorry if this is a silly question but I guess you have certainly turned on/off the brick a couple of times? When I first bind a v911 brick to flysky module it is unresponsive until I reboot the brick, it sounds like you are stuck in this bound but unresponsive scenario
limmacslim is offline Find More Posts by limmacslim
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My first little Multiwii quad
Old Nov 12, 2013, 04:15 PM
Joined Jan 2006
3,265 Posts
What about using the tail rotor output to drive some leds ? Believe it or not i am still !! waiting for my order to arrive from Banggood or i would test myself, bloody lazy postman around here, or he's playing with the heli's.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 03:13 AM
Germany, SN, Leipzig
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
Did stick calibration and everythink, turned several bricks on/off dozens of times...
thatscwhat I thought too, wrote bg about the issue yesterday.
Should I ask them if I should open it?
The brick is defnitly bound, steady red and when u gently put a finger against a servo it starts buzzing.... no trim input ether

It suggs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 13, 2013, 06:54 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3,265 Posts
Borken are your channels set correctly for the flysky setting ? ie 1 2 3 4 and not like spektrum which is a weird channel setting.

Mine is flashed so i cannot really help with the stock firmware.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 07:53 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
Borken are your channels set correctly for the flysky setting ? ie 1 2 3 4 and not like spektrum which is a weird channel setting.

Mine is flashed so i cannot really help with the stock firmware.
I still have the stock firmware, you dont get the option to change the channel order , it one of the reasons I should flash it too.

Borken, its a bit of a long shot but the soldering inside my 9x was very poor & I dont have too much faith in their workers abilities, I just popped open my flysky module & its very easy to ground the inner lead of the antenna by accident. Maybe have a look inside to make sure sure the ground & signal pads are not shorted.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2013, 10:24 AM
Germany, SN, Leipzig
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
can u post a pic of how it should be ? didnt see anything wrong at first glance, but I dunno what to look for. I think I understand what u mean limma but dont know and what to check....
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:47 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
851 Posts
The pad in the middle is the signal, the 2 pads either side are ground.
Its a really tiny coax type cable & a bit fiddly to solder.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2013, 01:59 PM
Joined Jan 2006
3,265 Posts
All my bits came today Yay

My flysky 9x module is faulty no Yay
Old Nov 13, 2013, 03:53 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scousethief View Post
All my bits came today Yay

My flysky 9x module is faulty no Yay
whats the problem with it? Sounds a bit iffy that both you & borken just received faulty gear.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2013, 04:02 PM
Joined Jan 2006
3,265 Posts
No m8 the Flysky module for the transmitter is old , it maybe just a faulty connection or it might have died , not too sure.

The l929 rc car i bought from there is faulty though , the wheels turn the wrong way and there is no reverse switch to correct it lol.

The 2 911 helis i bought are fine just really badly out of trim, nothing some meddling won't solve, the spare board and motors are untested yet but probably fine.

Probably easily sorted just a bit of a pain.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 04:36 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jun 2012
851 Posts
Ahh ok

My old v911 sized lipos had definitely all expired, think I left them laying around fully charged for too long, lol.

I got a couple of new 160mah nanotech's & the v911 rifle feels a lot better but the weather has been so poor recently, seems like its getting calmer now so I will hopefully take it out soon & see if it flies straight. I got a bit restless & am also building a 720mm span version with a 3000kv blue wonder motor, im hoping it will go quicker than the pusher jets
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 13, 2013, 05:02 PM
Joined Jan 2006
3,265 Posts
Mines on the top shelf exactly what the spare board and motors were for , and then the damn tx module has a fit lol been playing with the skelecub and trying to get an se5a around the same size then ill be happy and finished with building for a while , the rifle will be perfect on the field when the wind dies down a bit, the skelecub and se5a will be nice for just pottering about ( i do love the se5a though just cant twist my own arm to buy one of the rc ones though , too pricey)
Old Nov 14, 2013, 01:56 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia / UK visits
Joined Jan 2010
7,466 Posts
Trying to wade through 55 odd pages !! so please excuse me if I repeat anothers already item ...

The 'brick' seems to me to be an ideal candidate for the '$1' catapult launched free-flight / rubber powered models such as HK sell ....?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...40mm_Span.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...52mm_Span.html

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...92mm_Span.html

as examples ?

Nigel
solentlife is online now Find More Posts by solentlife