HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:19 AM
Joined Oct 2014
14 Posts
Question
Need a recommendation ....

Hi, I'll be happy to get a recommendation for a rc electric scale almost rtf, that is easy to fly. I have tried the T-28 (nearly a scale....) but found it hard to fly ; too small, hard to be seen when away in the sky, and needs hi speed to stay in the sky due to its relatively short wings. Thanks
Frenkela is offline Find More Posts by Frenkela
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2014, 12:56 PM
Portland, OR
Joined May 2010
170 Posts
what version of T-28 do you have? I had a Parkzone T-28 that was my first 4 channel plane and it helped me immensely with my flying skills.
davidrd is offline Find More Posts by davidrd
Old Nov 16, 2014, 02:31 PM
Joined Oct 2014
14 Posts
That's the one I have ;

http://www.horizonhobby.com/scale/t-...an-pnp-pkz4475
Old Nov 17, 2014, 05:43 AM
USA, NY, Poughkeepsie
Joined Mar 2010
693 Posts
That is probably the easiest to fly "scale" model out there. I've always thought it slowed down really well and was fairly easy to land and take off. How far away are you flying from yourself if it's hard to see? For most people, that particular model is considered a trainer.
rcguy1958 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy1958
Old Nov 17, 2014, 08:45 AM
Joined Oct 2014
14 Posts
Maybe I should try a shorter flight distance. Thanks for your help !
Old Nov 17, 2014, 08:59 AM
doha Qatar
Joined Jan 2004
402 Posts
If the T28 was too small and too fast maybe a Piper Cub around 50-60" or an Apprentice might be better. The Piper would meet the "scale" need; the Apprentice is not a model of a real airplane but it's a great trainer
Joe Perrone is offline Find More Posts by Joe Perrone
Old Nov 18, 2014, 02:08 PM
Lawrence, Kansas
Joined Dec 2001
596 Posts
I have that T-28 and it is actually quite aerobatic. Probably a much better second plane than first trainer. If you fly near full throttle and full rates on the control surfaces, you need to be comfortable with sharp turns to keep it in close. It will fly on little over half throttle, but even that may seem fast to a newbie for such a small plane. It is one of my favorite yank-and-bank planes, I would not consider it a trainer.

If you really want to go scale, a Cub might work as long as it is light; stay away from heavy, over-built glow conversions. What you really want is a floater. I am fond of powered sailplanes for learning, they can fly very slow and they do everything in slow motion. That gives a learner plenty of time to respond. I think there are some ARF foamy sailplanes out there, Radian maybe?

- - Dave
DaveA is offline Find More Posts by DaveA