HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2014, 03:06 PM
Joined Oct 2013
3 Posts
Discussion
elevons question

hello all

just a quick question here. i bought the hobbyking's go discover and i cant get it to lunch. it allway nose sink to the ground. checked the CG and it looks good the only thing i replaced is the prop which broke , so i installed a 9x7 prop instead of origal 10inch prop

something wired i noticed but i need your help guys determing if it right or wrong is that when i move the"elerons" stick left and right i noticed the control surface angle is much greater then the "elevator" stick (up and down)

could it be the reason of me not able to take off?

if so how can i chenged it?
i have a Sanwa TX and i configured it to delta wing type allready

many thanks
pazkor is offline Find More Posts by pazkor
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 04, 2014, 04:53 PM
Joined Apr 2013
611 Posts
We can help better if we have some more info:

1. What is your experience level (complete newbie?)
2. Is there flight stabilization in that plane?
3. What are the exact dimensions of the wing?
4. What is the fully loaded weight of the plane?
5. Post a video of you manipulating the controls slowly with the transmitter and plane clearly visible so that we can see exactly what's happening.
6. Where exactly are you located? If someone lives near, they may be willing to help in person.
7. What is the actual static thrust generated (how to measure this is discussed in other posts)? If your thrust-to-weight ratio is less than 1, you're going to have challenging hand launching.
nuteman is online now Find More Posts by nuteman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My youtube channel
Old Nov 04, 2014, 06:50 PM
Joined Aug 2005
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazkor View Post
hello all

just a quick question here. i bought the hobbyking's go discover and i cant get it to lunch. it allway nose sink to the ground. checked the CG and it looks good the only thing i replaced is the prop which broke , so i installed a 9x7 prop instead of origal 10inch prop

something wired i noticed but i need your help guys determing if it right or wrong is that when i move the"elerons" stick left and right i noticed the control surface angle is much greater then the "elevator" stick (up and down)

could it be the reason of me not able to take off?

if so how can i chenged it?
i have a Sanwa TX and i configured it to delta wing type allready

many thanks
Are you hand launching this model? If so, are you launching fast enough?

Is the replacement prop also a pusher prop? Don't laugh, it happens.

With most flying wing planforms, it is quite common to have more elevon travel in roll than in pitch.

Does this model use reflexed elevons for pitch stability like many chevrons? If so, you may need more reflex than you presently have set.
DT56 is offline Find More Posts by DT56
Old Nov 05, 2014, 01:26 PM
I don't like your altitude
Joined Sep 2011
3,356 Posts
http://www.hobbyking.co.uk/hobbyking...00mm_PNF_.html
If you've set up as per the instructions recheck the prop as pointed out above.
Stupot46 is offline Find More Posts by Stupot46
Old Nov 08, 2014, 12:02 PM
buyer of the farm
United States, FL, DeLand
Joined Mar 2009
4,611 Posts
Actually there is no such thing as a pusher prop any more, just left and right hand rotation props. This is because our electric motors are happy to turn in either direction, unlike some IC motors, which will only rotate one direction.

There are two possible prop problems. Your prop could be rotating the wrong direction and you would know that because it wouldn't be trying to push your plane forward, it would be pulling it backwards. I think it's safe to say that's not happening here.

The other is that the prop may be mounted backwards. We used to say that the lettering on the prop should be facing in the direction of flight but there are a few props that are labeled on the back side now. So look at the airfoil of the prop. There is a rounded edge and a sharp edge. The rounded edge is always on the side of the prop facing the direction of flight. If the prop is backwards, the thrust will still be in the same direction but you will have much, much less of it.

Where's that image I stole from another member.........

Rockin Robbins is offline Find More Posts by Rockin Robbins