SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 23, 2014, 09:51 AM
United States, NY, Kingston
Joined Feb 2006
244 Posts
Discussion
Southwest florida

Hi guys, I am heading to the everglades - everglades city - in February for one of my annual fishing trips. Bringing a couple of small park fliers, as well as my skiff, with me but would love to come and watch some real gliders and the like. I am really interested in them and am working on a couple (BOT and GP Spirit). I have a calypso I could bring if I could find some where to fly. Anybody in the area, got a field, is there any event occurring? I am there from 2/23 to 3/1 and could give up an afternoon/morning on the water for an afternoon/morning in the air

Scott
Bariboy is offline Find More Posts by Bariboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:21 PM
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jul 2013
111 Posts
According to the RC Groups map app, you will be going to a vast wasteland. RC wise. There are clubs in Cape Coral, Homestead and Clewiston on the south shore of Lake Okeechobe. None too near Everglades City.

Check out the app. It's handy.

Mike
Grandpa Florida is offline Find More Posts by Grandpa Florida
Old Jan 23, 2014, 08:32 PM
1984 is no longer fiction
United States
Joined Mar 2012
425 Posts
War is Peace is online now Find More Posts by War is Peace
Last edited by War is Peace; Jan 24, 2014 at 07:06 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 09:27 PM
Joined Feb 2006
244 Posts
I was afraid of that, Cape Coral is not too far away. Gotta find that map app can you point me to it?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 07:32 AM
Joined Feb 2006
244 Posts
Found it grampa, and you are right...big black hole...kinda like where I live. Oh well. Hopefully I can get over to cape coral one day. Also looking to see if I can pick up a glider while I am down there. Watching the classifieds for something special and larger than 2m. Scott
Old Jan 26, 2014, 07:42 AM
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined Jul 2013
111 Posts
Sorry about the black hole, but that RC Maps app is great.

It does, however, deliver bad news now and again. The closest real hobby store (non Hobby Lobby, Michael's etc) to me is 40 miles away.
Grandpa Florida is offline Find More Posts by Grandpa Florida