Closed Thread
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:05 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gohansayian View Post
808 #3 cameras had a max battery life 63-80 min.

What do these 808 HDs have?
250 mAh... good for about 40 minutes of HD recording.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:29 PM
Joined Aug 2010
13 Posts
I've got one of these on order and will be running it with USB power. I want to get a 32gb micro sd card for it and there is a big difference in prices at that capacity. Those that have the camera, may I ask what cards you've used without dropped frames etc?

Will any class 4 card do? Or does it need to be an expensive one? Anyone tried a class 2?

Thanks
Jiffy82517 is offline Find More Posts by Jiffy82517
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:30 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
Are you saying you tried to delete the file, and it will not delete? Or do you mean you could delete it, but the date stamp is still there?
I delete the bin file and the time stamp is still there.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:31 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostheli View Post
If you want to try my file just let me know. I think it's the same file though.

I think Tom is right about this: booting up the camera with the file on the card is the only part of the process that matters. Are you sure you are placing the file in the root directory of the card?
I have two entries -- DCIM and No time bin file.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:44 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiffy82517 View Post
I've got one of these on order and will be running it with USB power. I want to get a 32gb micro sd card for it and there is a big difference in prices at that capacity. Those that have the camera, may I ask what cards you've used without dropped frames etc?

Will any class 4 card do? Or does it need to be an expensive one? Anyone tried a class 2?

Thanks
I guess you know a class 4 is recommended by the vendors. One of the best performers in smaller cards for these key cams has been the Transcend Class 6, and I just came across this Transcend 32 GB class 10 on amazon.com for $50. Jump on it!
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:48 PM
Dance the skies...
Joined Dec 2003
17,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
I have two entries -- DCIM and No time bin file.
I sent an email to one of the main vendors about the different file names for the same firmware files that they have sent to users, and whether that makes any difference in whether it will load on a given camera. Will not hear anything back until at least Monday, I think. I'll post when I hear anything.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:50 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I sent an email to one of the main vendors about the different file names for the same firmware files that they have sent to users, and whether that makes any difference in whether it will load on a given camera. Will not hear anything back until at least Monday, I think. I'll post when I hear anything.
Tom,

Thanks. I tried it on my XP machine as well. I still have the time stamp.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:53 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,617 Posts
Quote:
the same file that you loaded is the file (FW96630A NO TIME.bin file) that you are to delete. i ordered mine on the 20th from the same.
Lostheli,

Can you send me the file you used via email?

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2011, 12:27 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,617 Posts
Short video processed by Videopad

Here is s short outdoor, cloudy day, late in the day, video I captured today with my hatcam and then ran throush Videopad editor and saved it as an AVI file in HD format. The camera has 4 GB class 4 Kingston card in it.

backyard (1 min 35 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Jan 01, 2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 01:19 AM
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
502 Posts
I removed the time/date files files from my website cuz I dont want to create havoc...sorry your time is still there prof100...I guess it only works for me
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
Old Jan 01, 2011, 01:25 AM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,617 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finster View Post
I removed the time/date files files from my website cuz I dont want to create havoc...sorry your time is still there prof100...I guess it only works for me

Finster,

There is nothing to apologize for Finster. It may simply be I have some obscure version. What is telling is there is no delay as you and Tom describe. My camera just turns on normally. There is also possibility my security software may be blocking executing .bin files to protect. It blocked my slingplayer from loading even when I turned off the security software until I talked with a support rep in Malaysia (call forwarding) to solve the problem by setting up exceptions and paths to allow two way communication. I have tried disabling but who knows what schemes it may have embedded in files to prevent execution.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 01, 2011, 03:03 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,217 Posts
You guys are going too fast. I cant catch up.
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Indoor 3d
Old Jan 01, 2011, 03:08 AM
Knoxville, TN
Joined Apr 2008
941 Posts
Just got mine today. I didn't have time to fly, but I did take some shots of some stuff. The BIN trick to turn off the date/time stamp worked great for me.

#11 808 Keychain Camera Test (1 min 6 sec)
Kerbob is online now Find More Posts by Kerbob
Old Jan 01, 2011, 03:13 AM
Colorado Mountains
Joined Aug 2010
350 Posts
Quote:
Are you guys using a bookmark to access the thread?
I go to the REAL HD Key Cam Thread from the main rcgroups page. Then I drag the icon in the url bar into the Links bar and use that link to access the thread. Now I can go to the first post. I did that by deleting the link from the link bar. Then before saving the link, make sure I'm at the very top of the thread before bookmarking. So now when I click on the icon in the links bar, it goes to the first thread where the 'view first unread' link is right there to click on. I still have 100 posts per page, even though 'myrcgroups' is set to 15 posts per page. Haven't tried deleting cookies yet.

[edit] Deleted cookies, still can't get 15 posts per page.
zrobbie is offline Find More Posts by zrobbie
Last edited by zrobbie; Jan 01, 2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2011, 08:36 AM
Registered Abuser
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrobbie View Post
I go to the REAL HD Key Cam Thread from the main rcgroups page. Then I drag the icon in the url bar into the Links bar and use that link to access the thread. Now I can go to the first post. I did that by deleting the link from the link bar. Then before saving the link, make sure I'm at the very top of the thread before bookmarking. So now when I click on the icon in the links bar, it goes to the first thread where the 'view first unread' link is right there to click on. I still have 100 posts per page, even though 'myrcgroups' is set to 15 posts per page. Haven't tried deleting cookies yet.

[edit] Deleted cookies, still can't get 15 posts per page.
Try this: At the top of the page right below the red Hobby Lobby search box there are some links- RC Groups > Aircraft-General > Aerial Photography - Click on aerial photography and then find the real hd key cam thread and access the thread, if it shows multiple pages, then make your bookmark from there. This is what worked for me but I didn't make any changes to my account settings, they are still at default, as far as I know.
lostheli is online now Find More Posts by lostheli
Closed Thread