HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2014, 05:52 AM
Bulgaria, Sofia-grad, Sofia
Joined Feb 2012
1,949 Posts
Wouldn't it be easier to just write a firmware for the Minim to make it encode the GPS data in the video stream, as the video and telemetry data are going into it anyway. That way APM users will not have to do anything differently on the ground, but it would be much easier when setting up the AP in the plane.
Arxangel is online now Find More Posts by Arxangel
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2014, 06:49 AM
France, Limousin, Limoges
Joined Jul 2009
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel View Post
Wouldn't it be easier to just write a firmware for the Minim to make it encode the GPS data in the video stream, as the video and telemetry data are going into it anyway. That way APM users will not have to do anything differently on the ground, but it would be much easier when setting up the AP in the plane.
I think it's not possible because minimOSD use maxim chip that can't do that .

I think the best for those who don't want another Tx on their drone and don't need an uplink, is to encode the mavlink into video live stream via TFpro, it could also provide artificial horizon data to TFpro.
GLADUS63 is offline Find More Posts by GLADUS63
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: old MyFlyDream AAT upgrade
Old Nov 21, 2014, 08:26 PM
I land with enthusiasm
Lima-Peru
Joined Aug 2004
763 Posts
hi guys which pin to upgrade the telefly pro
Arck is online now Find More Posts by Arck
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:33 PM
SSP#1
United States, MO, Louisburg
Joined Apr 2007
609 Posts
You use the GPS pins to attach the TTL updater
sjgoulet is offline Find More Posts by sjgoulet
Old Nov 21, 2014, 10:43 PM
SSP#1
Joined Apr 2007
609 Posts
Seems like the myflydream website is down at the moment, have you downloaded the firmware update from their site yet? one thing i learned that when you go to update and you use the program Charles has you have to push that small button on the PCB board while you power the TFP up, then while your holding the button you then can then click next on the STMicroelectronics program, if you dont it will say that it cant find the target...took me forever to figure it out as its nowhere in any manual they have on the TFP. Another thing to look at is the MFD AP manual it will show you how to update the AP which has the same program for the TFP
Old Nov 22, 2014, 04:03 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,987 Posts
Hi,
I have a MFD AAT and the AATD V3. I want to use it on my hexacopter with a DJI WK-M, DJI 5.8GHz video tx and DJI MKII iOSD. I don't need the OSD portion and i am willing to have two GPS units (1 for DJI and 1 for AATD). What do i need to buy from the MFD website and how do i set it up? I assume i'd need a the single GPS antenna, but what else? Again i have V3 of the AATD (bluetooth). Thanks

Kyle
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Nov 22, 2014, 05:56 PM
SSP#1
Joined Apr 2007
609 Posts
If it was me id buy the V5 driver and get the Telelfypro which uses the video for tracking not audio, do you have the Telelfly board (either red or yellow) if you dont you will need those to make the AAT work on the V3
Old Nov 22, 2014, 06:59 PM
United States, MD, Solomons
Joined Feb 2002
1,987 Posts
I do have the red board but it's on my Zephyr II. Is using the video signal better than using the audio?
gromitvt10 is offline Find More Posts by gromitvt10
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:01 PM
SSP#1
Joined Apr 2007
609 Posts
Yes the video signal is better than the audio, i have flown a lot farther with the video than i did with the audio, i went from the V3 driver to the V5 and Telelfypro...at least with the V5 if you loose video you know your gonna loose tracking, before with just the audio if i wasnt standing close enough to the AAT i couldnt hear it beep (hard of hearing...im old) when it lost audio signal. If your wanting to use the video now you will need to get the Teleflypro and V5 driver
Old Nov 23, 2014, 07:14 AM
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined May 2005
1,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gromitvt10 View Post
Hi,
I have a MFD AAT and the AATD V3. I want to use it on my hexacopter with a DJI WK-M, DJI 5.8GHz video tx and DJI MKII iOSD. I don't need the OSD portion and i am willing to have two GPS units (1 for DJI and 1 for AATD). What do i need to buy from the MFD website and how do i set it up? I assume i'd need a the single GPS antenna, but what else? Again i have V3 of the AATD (bluetooth). Thanks

Kyle
You can tap into the DJI GPS with the Telefly pro so you don't need an extra gps unit (see telefly pro manual)
Also if you get the v5 driver your old telefly on your plane will still work.
3DMON is online now Find More Posts by 3DMON