New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 19, 2015, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by shepflyr
United States, SC, Charleston
Joined Aug 2011
1,201 Posts
Still flyin' her...still havin' a ball! Did some serious windsurfing aerobatics today...even prop hang, torque roll blown by the wind into a totally weird kind of Immelmann!

Lovin' it!

Tom
shepflyr is offline Find More Posts by shepflyr
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2015, 06:00 PM
Find More Posts by Rogue_Pilot
Fly-Crash-Rebuild-Repeat
Joined Jan 2011
420 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepflyr View Post
Still flyin' her...still havin' a ball! Did some serious windsurfing aerobatics today...even prop hang, torque roll blown by the wind into a totally weird kind of Immelmann!

Lovin' it!

Tom
Good to hear some Typhoon 2s are still in service, this was a great plane!
Rogue_Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Rogue_Pilot
Old Mar 22, 2015, 06:03 PM
Find More Posts by Rogue_Pilot
Fly-Crash-Rebuild-Repeat
Joined Jan 2011
420 Posts
My Typhoon's landing gear is starting to get weak after hundreds of grass landings, this simple modification has held up really well and does a great job reinforcing the gear. Simply tie a string of yarn around the gear and wrap it around the air intake, works like a charm.
Rogue_Pilot is offline Find More Posts by Rogue_Pilot
Old Jun 17, 2015, 07:18 PM
Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
1,116 Posts
That looks mighty PAINFUL!! LOL
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Aug 08, 2015, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by mostey
Joined Mar 2011
63 Posts
Does anyone have Typhoon parts?

Will buy whatever you have
mostey is offline Find More Posts by mostey
Old Dec 18, 2015, 09:56 PM
Find More Posts by jammied
United States, WY, Newcastle
Joined Apr 2011
718 Posts
Well I just picked up a very good condition bnf typhoon 2 that has a orange rx with a gyro in it. It also came with enough extra parts to build a complete air frame minus the radio gear all these parts are nip replacements including extra motor mounts and shafts and gears just no motor.

Would I be better off putting a out runner on the second air frame? or sourcing a motor to fit the motor mounts and gear?

This is my first attempt at a 3d plane. The most aerobatic I have now is the mini ultra stick and I feel very comfortable with it
jammied is offline Find More Posts by jammied
Old Dec 19, 2015, 05:14 AM
Find More Posts by CWHFSR
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Feb 2009
220 Posts
I was very happy putting an outrunner on my typhoon instead of the really loud gearbox. I did end up having to scratch build the mount and fiddle with the offset to get it to fly right.
CWHFSR is offline Find More Posts by CWHFSR
Old Dec 19, 2015, 09:41 PM
Joined Apr 2011
718 Posts
with the factory setup mine was way tale heavy!! Balanced at 3.5" from the leading edge it required the battery area to be opened up to move the batt ahead.The previous owner had 17g's of weight glued to the tale for some reason? Hopefully I can give it a maiden tomorrow
Old Dec 20, 2015, 05:32 PM
Joined Apr 2011
718 Posts
Got The maiden and a few more flights in. Wasn't expecting a out dated plane to fly so good!! I flew it in harrier/stall most of the time and it did very good flips and rolls were very good also. Think the typhoon 2 has taken over the favorite spot from the mini ultra stick. The mus does jump into the air faster though but I have .10 super tigre brushless with a 12x6 prop on it. but it doesn't harrier float like the typhoon does
Old Dec 26, 2015, 01:46 PM
Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Sky Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Feb 2004
1,116 Posts
Mine still flies great except the horizontal stabilizer foam has deteriorated (crumbling, actually) and the covering is all that is holding the foam together in one piece! Need to replace that piece, otherwise, it is a blast to fly. Inverted flat spins stay stay at the same elevation for as long as I want!
four stroke pwr is offline Find More Posts by four stroke pwr
Old Dec 26, 2015, 07:56 PM
Joined Apr 2011
718 Posts
Glad to hear yours is still going!
I looked at a lot of 3d foamies in the hobby shop for a few days. They had the usual stuff like the visionaire and the umx yak another one that I cant remember. I just never give any thought to the typhoon 2. The last day in there the salesman said "this one flies great!!" looking at the typhoon then he said it comes with enough new parts with it to build another plane so reluctantly I asked to see the rest of the parts. Sure enough a huge box of parts!! And the one hanging was plug and fly. He asked what I would give for it I threw the $100 figure at him and e ran to the register lol I wasn't expecting that's what he would take.

I am very surprised with the way it flies!! I thought a 3d plane would be way out of control, although on highrates and no expo it is a handful. But yeah it does everything I tried so far and stays controllable.
Pretty much sure its safe to say it will do all the 3d stuff. I get really easy harrier, Knife edge is great inverted great loops, flips, spins. everything seems precise and predictable
This one does seem to tip stall when in harriers just kinda floats along.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 08:10 PM
Joined Apr 2011
718 Posts
A pic for the old days of 3d lol

I'm just getting into 3d but so a pro might not think of it as highly as I do
Last edited by jammied; Dec 26, 2015 at 08:41 PM.